learn more

This is the Truth system

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Therefore, truth is not only subjective and variable, it is also relative.

Well only relative in terms of will you passout or scream like a baby before your hand is charred in the flame. Of course nothing is more accurate than collecting data in field work. Mabey you could go and collect some empircal data for us, remember to collect some photo evidence as you will be able to claim some carbon credit for your carbon emission.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Well only relative in terms of will you passout or scream like a baby before your hand is charred in the flame. Of course nothing is more accurate than collecting data in field work. Mabey you could go and collect some empircal data for us, remember to collect some photo evidence as you will be able to claim some carbon credit for your carbon emission.

You have already clearly demonstrated, in your own words, that your 'truth' as presented is just that, Yours alone. And therefore, wholly subjective. If you wish to prove that 'truth' to be objective, then that would be up to you, I am quite satisfied with the outcome of this discussion, thanks all the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You have already clearly demonstrated, in your own words, that your 'truth' as presented is just that, Yours alone. And therefore, wholly subjective. If you wish to prove that 'truth' to be objective, then that would be up to you, I am quite satisfied with the outcome of this discussion, thanks all the same.

somes student dont likes getting their hands burnt in field work i guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

somes student dont likes getting their hands burnt in field work i guess.

Hey, I said mind can overcome matter, I never said my mind can overcome my matter. I have quite enough burns from coming into contact with hot metal to know what the outcome for me would be
I know my truth, but don't presume to know others...know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I am quite satisfied with the outcome of this discussion, thanks all the same.

Sorry class is closed for the night. Its me Zzzz time now.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

So what is your greater point in all of this Athlon? What do you propose is this greater truth that is right in front of our faces that we have rejected? I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with sticking one's hand into fire. I can't agree or disagree until I know the true point of your OP- which you are being absolutely cryptic about.

edit on 6-2-2013 by littled16 because: Poor grammar

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I can't agree or disagree until I know the true point of your OP- which you are being absolutely cryptic about.

The true point is to declare what is what isnt. The shades of gray can go for good.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The true point is to declare what is what isnt. The shades of gray can go for good.

If it is your opinion that shades of grey count toward the side of "good" then I must disagree, as shades of grey run the gammut of leaning toward good or bad depending on the individual situation- with lighter shades of grey leaning more toward good (truth) and darker shades of grey leaning more toward bad (deception). I star AND flag you however for an interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't agree with your use of the word "reality". Reality, by its very nature, is subjective. Each of our realities is different because absolutely everything we experience must be translated according to a webwork of ideas constructed from both the environment and our past conclusions and impressions of our world. As such, each of us will have different reactions, different values, different conclusions, and different backgrounds. This means that the exact same event can appear to two separate people, and they will not think the same thing because they are not the same person. This means reality is purely subjective.

Which leads me to postulate that truth is only evident in application.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

When you place one hand in a backet of hot water, and the other in a bucket of cold water, and then put both the hot hand and the cold hand into a bucket of water at room temperature, the water will feel warm to the cold hand and cold to the hot hand.

So is the bucket of water at room temperature cold or hot?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

So is the bucket of water at room temperature cold or hot?

You have debated itsnowagain many times in past and you cant answer this question yourself from experience?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Truth is you sound desperate for stars and flags
haha Nah, you made some good points! I like the thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You have debated itsnowagain many times in past and you cant answer this question yourself from experience?

I was hoping people would interpret my post however they may.

But the answer to the question whether the water is cold or not is—it is whatever we name it.

We are not modest enough to admit when we're merely giving names to things.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

People often fail to realize that every word, every letter, every written or spoken message is like the painting of a flower. While it may look more striking, vivid, or alluring than the real flower, it is not the flower. It is only an impression, an imitation created to show others how you feel about it. And as with all imitations, communication is contorted by emotion. We use words according to what they mean to us, personally. Our personal impressions, feelings that are without description, that can only be felt, are what give value to physical expressions. And not all of our impressions are the same. In fact, most of them are very different. People fail to realize how barbaric speech and text actually is. You are painting your heart. Something like that can't be painted, only felt. Just like the truth. Any expressed truth is only a murky reflection of our murky perception.
edit on 6-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Your truth system talks about the physically aspect of an experience.

If I ask anyone about them having "dreams", they would say yes, would they not?

So my point is your telling half the story. You cannot possible rule out the reality of dreams. It was once "thought" (non-physical projections) that there will be massive cities across the earth, and after centuries of development, you have your cities as it was envisioned by our forefathers.

Isn't this not proof for you?

Peace
edit on 6-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

There is truth that if you put your hand in fire, it will likely burn.
But there is also truth that if you do not put your hand in the fire, it will likely not burn.

Its also true that you do not really have a point.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Its also true that you do not really have a point.

i could argue that life has no point so your reply is representative of life.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

i could argue that life has no point so your reply is representative of life.

I could argue that your potential for arguing that life has no point is more indicative of your life having no point, rather than life in general. All points are given by those capable of creating connections and attaching meanings. If you have decided life has no point, then your life must suck.
edit on 7-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

People often fail to realize that every word, every letter, every written or spoken message is like the painting of a flower. While it may look more striking, vivid, or alluring than the real flower, it is not the flower. It is only an impression, an imitation created to show others how you feel about it. And as with all imitations, communication is contorted by emotion. We use words according to what they mean to us, personally. Our personal impressions, feelings that are without description, that can only be felt, are what give value to physical expressions. And not all of our impressions are the same. In fact, most of them are very different. People fail to realize how barbaric speech and text actually is. You are painting your heart. Something like that can't be painted, only felt. Just like the truth. Any expressed truth is only a murky reflection of our murky perception.

Well said.

Thank you for expounding—and beautifully I might add.

I would agree that speech can be barbaric, but only if used improperly. There is a need for logic, grammar and vocabulary where language is concerned. When used properly, language can become more refined.

Of course, it becomes foggy when we start discussing ideas and not particulars, and give names to thoughts and concepts instead of real tangible individual things.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Bingo. And that's when science starts calling it trash. Why? Because our sharp sticks can't poke it, and our bright lights can't illuminate it, and our microscopes can't find it. We're used to looking for the elephant in the room, not the needle in the haystack. It doesn't mean the needle is a figment of our collective imagination, it just means we need to devise a better method of discernment.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join