It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange feeling in the air?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm not usually one to have feelings like this, but tonight I've been asking everyone I know on the internet if they feel something really eerie...almost a calm before the storm kind of feeling. It's eerily quiet and I can feel some kind of huge energy, foreboding. I've never felt quite like this. It's prompted me to search the internet for things like earthquakes, the pending missile test by North Korea and such.
What I'm feeling feels like it's on a global scale...huge...life changing and scary.
I've never had this feeling in my life.

My ex husband once had a feeling similar to this, the night before 9/11. We were driving home from dinner and he stopped the car and said "something big is going to happen" and I didn't know what he meant. My ex is a former Marine and isn't into paranormal at all and had never said anything like that before. When I asked him what he meant he said he didn't know but it was going to be huge and global. He said it was eerie and he couldn't shake the feeling and that's not like him at all. The next morning we woke up to the horrors of 9/11.

So in my internet search just now I came across this site and read this and had to join just to respond. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not just me feeling it. On the other, the fact that others are feeling it is even scarier. I wonder what's going on or what's about to go on?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by starshine1

So in my internet search just now I came across this site and read this and had to join just to respond. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not just me feeling it. On the other, the fact that others are feeling it is even scarier. I wonder what's going on or what's about to go on?

You very well sum up my feelings at this point. I've seen this question posed by other members in different ways since I first created an account here and usually seen indifference if not gentle teasing over it. That makes it as much a confirmation that something isn't happening as anything and usually how it goes, even here. I've been among those gently teasing as I've never really felt anything special in the past when it's been asked. I never thought I'd make a thread myself.

I haven't come right back to the thread because I've been unsure what to say. So many are long time members and several of you, I've missed seeing messages from. I suppose, among those who've taken a step back for awhile.....yet felt this enough to reply. The thread also started a day ago and your post is just a few minutes ago. I'm also still feeling whatever it is...and it is noticeable. It's still just hard to articulate though. It's almost like different levels of something at once for feeling?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I am desperate to start meditating to center my core. Hard to settle my mind or clear the fog from long term chronic pain managed my potent pain narcs. Now on clarity trek, clean the coffers through detox and now waiting for epidurals. Hoping once I can get my pain centers under control my mind constipation will disipate.

I feel that I have had keen awareness or observative ability that was unique to me; because if I shared my thoughts they were mostly too deep for a sheep. Now I never thought this was a metaphysical ability....but now as I have a long term freshment course; I begining to wonder.

Seems Namaste is really a world not just an acknowledgement.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wytewingdove

I just posted a comment on this thread but I'm amazed at how many people are feeling the same thing I am and actually using some of the exact same words or terms I've been using to describe it tonight..."foreboding"...."darker energy"...."like the night before 9/11". I've used all those terms tonight and have seen others using it. I realize that this thread originated awhile ago but that's how I'm feeling tonight and it's opressive tonight, almost freaking me out.

Are others still feeling this too?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry to post three comments in a row, but as this night is progressing it's becoming stronger this feeling. I'm on two other sites, just plain networking sites and I've asked if anyone else felt this feeling tonight. So far only one person answered (it's 1:21 am here in Arizona so most people are sleeping, not on the computer) and said it felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
As I was replying I had chills down the left side of my body which, for me, has always meant affirmative confirmation of something. I haven't gotten those chills in many years but they've always confirmed things for me. So here I am with my chills and know something's going to happen. I have no idea what but now I'm scared.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I just received a reply to my post asking if anyone else felt it tonight and someone in the UK replied to me (on FB) and said they've been feeling it in the UK for about 4 days now, here's how they describe it: " Definately feeling it here in the uk, has been going on for about four days now, like a nervous tension within society."

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Stop reading the news and thinking about losing everything. That bad feeling will go away. I find people with bad feelings are people who are bored with their current state of life or they.
edit on 7-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

" I know have commented on the "impending doom" feeling. I feel....something in the air, a stillness, like the calm before the storm. At night while walking my dog however, I feel that the shadows hold a predator, and get the creepy feeling that I am being stalked. "

That's exactly what I'm feeling tonight and I'm not a paranoid person. I went so far as to close my blinds, make sure the doors were locked and alarm is on. You described the feeling exactly.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Not sure if you were responding to me when you said stop reading the news and thinking you're going to lose everything....but I wasn't reading the news until well after I felt this feeling come on tonight. In fact, I was having a very relaxing evening. This feeling came over me like a blanket and very suddenly. Like I said, I've never experienced anything like this before.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For reference on what other things may contribute to any feelings, the sun has been pretty quiet as the chart here shows. One minor blip and just short of the M line. Nothing of impact back here at that level.

The ground is still vibrating though. This Heliplot is a random one I picked from the U.S. network. It's at Lake Retreat, Alabama. The station code is in the lower left.

It's more than that though as again, there have been some BIG quakes in the recent past that have been notable for the recorded impact on seismographs world wide. 8's aren't everyday things, but they aren't that rare either.

So it's more than that....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Anxiousness. Though that word does not really do it justice, It seems the closest I can come up with. For the past three to four weeks, it seems as though all emotions have been exponentially accelerating and then hit weightlessness. Like others have described here, like the driving force has suddenly quit. Best I can explain how it's been going for me. You definitely get a S&F for this one, for the simple fact that everyone here has helped me to put validity to what I've been experiencing.

Wrabbit, I'm delighted you of all people started this thread. Maybe you've already noticed that the alternative earthquake prediction thread lit up like a Christmas Tree a few days ago after a month of almost silence from most of us, and then we all turned up at the same time...there is definitely something shifting, and the quote ajay59 above is the closest I've read here so far.

Somehow, the old paradigm can't and won't work. Some people will be quite settled and happy where they are and can continue to live happily and progress with whatever their plan or agreement is, but for some of us...all hell has broken loose and nothing works any more. I can't tell you why it's like this, but in my case, since I can't speak for anyone else, I feel that the old patterns simply wont serve me no matter how hard I try to make them work, and I have to work out the way I've been given to play my part in where we go from here collectively. I have to pull together all the things I've learned in the last 5 decades and turn them into something useful for other people, even on a very simple level. For me, the possibility of "work, save, marry, stick to the schedule" has gone for ever (not that it was ever that strong with me....I was suspicious of it right from the start as a kid!
).

Maybe the reason we're all feeling so anxious is that we sense the change in the paradigm, and change even if it's good change, always makes us unsettled. We could also be picking up on earth changes that are to come, and I don't believe for a second that's beyond us as the sensitive beings we are, no matter how much electromagnetic fog we surround ourselves with.

I'm sorry if this is a ramble...I had a dreadful migraine out of the blue last night and it hasn't quite gone. Don't know why, but my anxiety has been increasing steadily the last few days, till I was having pains in the sides of my neck, heart racing a little, feeling extremely lightheaded and nauseous....I've had it all checked out by the doc though, so I know there is nothing physically I should be worried about. I'm just picking up on something.

Keep posting, I have more to read too...talking helps so much, and don't be frightened to post how you feel.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I know you were addressing Wrabbit so please excuse me for butting in. I can't speak for anyone but myself and I do understand what you mean about the shift in consciousness, but for me that's not the type of feeling it is at all, even when I do some pretty deep soul searching. This is more of a foreboding feeling on a global scale like larger then 9/11 was. I'm not trying to scare anyone or myself, but I'm being honest about what I'm feeling.

Again, please excuse me butting in here, I'm brand new to this site and forum (just joined tonight after I read this) so I apologize if I'm overstepping any boundaries or rules here.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Don't worry...I'm very happy to hear from you. I know exactly the feeling you're talking about, as do many other posters on the earthquake thread. It's like we're waiting for something, and it is a sense of doom if you like, although I really don't like using those terms. Personally, I feel it will be a natural event, rather than a nuke, although I feel very strongly that we will have one of those to go through at some point too. The earth will do what she wants to do, and we won't ever be able to prevent it, so those of us who sense it somehow just have to learn to process the feelings and prepare as best we can. A few of us in the other thread have talked about this premonition if you like and I even had a dream (very rare for me) about it a few nights ago, and we feel it involves lots of water, ground shifting, coastlines, inundation of areas that wouldn't expect it.

But yes....today feels very intense for some reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I know what you are taking about. I had such a strong feeling one October day in San Francisco. I said to my friend that I had this feeling of just raw nervous energy and he said he felt the same thing. I told him how I had been at work as a waiter and told this couple that came in “if they wanted good service to sit over in this other section and I explained to them that I wasn't feeling 90% and was rather snappy, so for their best enjoyment please do not sit in my section. They thanked me with an odd look and enjoyed themselves.” I told my boss and she sent me home 20 minutes early. She apparently wasn’t feeling well either.

I then walked downtown and watched two construction workers go at each other with 2 x 4's. That is when I went home and told my friend. He said "it is such a strong feeling I do not think it is an earthquake" (as both of us had similar experiences with them before), I agreed and boom the Loma Prieta earthquake hit San Francisco and I watched my floor to ceiling marble fireplace fly across the room followed by the old chicken wire and putty ceiling which crashed down on my friends head.

To answer your question I feel the same thing now only I am in Montreal just about 800 miles north of Manhattan. I can make neither heads nor tales of it. I have meditated on it and I am stumped but, you are right, the feeling is exactly the same as a major disaster event. I know this because since being here I lived through the Ice Storm a few years back and it held the same energy like an earthquake. The only difference was it came on slowly and left slowly about three weeks in all.

This recent feeling has been going on for me, for about one and a half weeks maybe two. Keep at it. I know what you’re talking about and I am curious if you figure it out.

Great post so S&F to you.

edit on 7-2-2013 by BewilderedandAmused because: Punctuation

edit on 7-2-2013 by BewilderedandAmused because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just to tell you that your thread and the comments have a strong echo at the other side of the atlantic. Thank you for all these words. I really thought I was having paranoia.But now I know there are others like me, in 'the new world', as we like to call America. But noone like me out here in old Europe...I refrain from talking about it, so I have no-one to talk about these subjects..although they occupy my thoughts and feelings..and even my dreams. Two days ago I dreamed about a white owl flying in the sky..I looked up to it...the image stays in my mind, I think of it all the time. At night I keep looking at the stars, I listen carefully to my environment..at day I look at the clouds...at the sun...the birds..somehow waiting for something to happen, to be ready to warn and save my people. I know, this is a bit arrogant..but this the way I feel.
I ve been reading about Eric Julien, about Edward Cayce...people who don't make you feel quieter

Some days ago we had tornadoes in Belgium...but we never have tornadoes!!!! The Vesuv in Italy seems to be waking up, some say...Mount Fuji too...In England they had a bad storm and monster waves on the northern coast..In the pacific there are bad quakes and a small tsunami...Russia is suffering from awful amounts of snow..and some other storms and casualties I heard in other parts of the world....and than the wars...the Chinese are getting agressive on the Japanese, and North Korea...and Syria...and Iran..and...and and and..What is happening?
Maybe it is related with all these news on earthquakes, asteroids coming along, wars that seem to be on the verge of starting..not talking of the 'economic' and 'financial' news...should we stay away from the news? NO..;we must know. We must know and keep being curious...but who tells us the truth? Maybe lots of things ARE happening, but kept secret. New weapons...weather engineering..spacecrafts...computer hacking...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread and I apologize.
I just found it funny that the OP said this because starting two days ago, I have been having the same feeling!
Anxiety, nervousness... I woke up with what I described to my husband as a sense of "doom".
It is mounting, getting worse. Yesterday I felt like my guts were tied in knots and it made me uptight all day long. At work, the big boss walked in on me swearing loudly in every language I can, just for something stupid and I didn't know how to tell him it is just because "something is in the air"!
I am a woman, so yes, I did consider it could be hormonal- but this comes just after menstruation, which hormonally speaking, should be the most calm and peaceful stage.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

A few months ago I had an incredibly realistic dream about being nuked. It was so realistic that I woke up shaking and it really stuck in my mind. This was before the announcement about N. Korea so it wasn't spurred on by that. I don't know where it came from. It was so realistic that I posted it on a FB page for dream interpretation and no one even responded. It was very short, not graphic in terms of blood, casualties or gore, but it was SO realistic that I swear it was like going through a nuclear attack. The terror I felt in that split second when I realized what was happening was so real that I woke up shaking and sweating.

So I don't know what we're all feeling....if it's an earthquake about to happen, a natural disaster or man made or what. I just know whatever it is, is going to be big. Especially if so many of us are feeling it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Yeah.....I've had nuke dreams too, like yours, very short and intense, and I'm witnessing them from a distance, rather than being in them, if you understand my perspective.

Ok....since we're being quite open here, I will share what I learned as a child, which may well get me flamed into the next dimension, but it was one of the turning points of my life. My guides have always been close to me, even as a very young child, and I can remember being so worried about age 10 about the whole cold war thing and who was going to nuke who first that one night suddenly I was given the answer. Please remember that I was a very strange child,
so none of this spooked me at all....I was very smart, incredibly aware, so when my guides gave me the information that there never would be a nuclear armageddon, I knew it to be true. It's an absolute. There may be one isolated incident, but no more. Of course, this is my belief and I can understand that no one else might want to take it on, but it was such a powerful event in my life that I have no fear of that kind of thing happening.

Even as I understood as a child that there would be no nuke holocaust, I accepted as natural the kind of even that might change the planet, or even wipe us all out, like an asteroid strike. Well...it's natural, it's god's plan, if you want to name it that, so there is really no point in stressing about what to do.

My feeling is that we're about to witness natural events, huge natural events, that may shunt some of us back to the stone age for a while, but it's all about awareness and preparation. Keep watching and talking and thinking about solutions. It's not a given that we will all perish...we need to learn and be ready, at least psychologically. Attitude is everything. The anxiety we're feeling perhaps is very useful...it's showing us we can cope if we are aware. It's like a warning, a heads up.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Whether it is a nuke or a natural disaster, none of us can prepare for it. We just have to "roll" with it so to speak.
I also don't believe in God, I'm Agnostic, but that's my own personal issue, I respect everyone's beliefs.
I do, however, believe in "guides"...however you choose to call them and I've had them too, I think we all do.

Again, I have no idea what's coming. I only joined this forum because I was feeling it so strongly that I did the internet search to see what was going on and found you guys. I'm glad I did. I know I'm not alone in this feeling....whatever it is. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
I appreciate you allowing me to be a part of this forum and be so opened with my feelings. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A war started a long time ago, one that implicates all mankind, and everyone in heaven. We're at the end of it all.
Satan is on a very limited time schedule. And he is very angry and is attacking the remaining ones of the seed.
Almost all of these have been chosen. And this year it is even more evident that the choosing has accelerated and nearing its completion.

The only reason the four winds of destruction have been held back until now is to wait until the number has been filled.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join