Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Loud Noise in the Sky in Eastern Washington

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We just experienced some sort of very loud booming noise coming from the sky here in Eastern Washington. It sounded kind of like a jet plane rumbling, but much louder and more booming. My neighbor and I both went outside to try to see what it was. I don't see how it could be an airplane, unless a jet was very low and had something wrong with it's engines. I am thinking it's more likely it was a meteor crashing through the atmosphere. Did anyone else experience this?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'm new to watching this site so I don't know how heavily traveled it is yet to known events being reported but their reports/map show nothing in the Pacific Northwest. Not at the moment, anyway.

Meteor Watch / News

You might add a report if you can find anyone to confirm that's what it was by seeing something?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How many are we?

Please update, I would like to hear more about the circumstances of what you (all)? heard...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Your description of what you heard has similarities to other reportings since early 2011. Here is an ATS megathread regarding it: Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here... If you rule out other likely suspects (meteor, military etc), check it out.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I have some friends in Spokane I can phone and ask if they've heard it. They live on the Eastern end of South Hill.

Where generally, are you speaking of?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Eactly what time did this happen?
What were the weather conditions, cloudy-clear-windy?

How long did the rumbling last, thirty seconds or ten minutes?

Please detail any other aspects to this sighting (hearing?)... Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I just heard it and I'm eastern. I was like WTF was that, shook the house and the dog came back in whimpering. Scared him shirtless.

Did it just happened now where your at?

Probably like 1:50ish AM

Weather here is a clear sky. Nothing unusual and I didn't see any planes or rockets go by.

Thought maybe it was a car crash.

Vibration only last a couple of seconds then it was gone.

But it was freak-on loud man. Cool too.

Maybe the spaceships entering the atmosphere at warp speed.

Beam me up Scotty!
edit on 6-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

So you heard it too?
You in same area as OP approximately?

Interesting that it only lasted a few seconds... Hard to say, I've heard comets can sound like that for sure. Never know though.

I've heard aircraft fly right over me when I was high altitude up in the hills, you could literally feel it shaking the ground. Maybe it was stealthed, who knows. Washington + Oregan + California = Lots of weird stuff all the time happening around here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm near S.C.

nowhere near where he lives and it happened at the same time.

Just about.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My coworker called me today and said he saw something on the news about some F-18's supposedly had to make an emergency landing here in Yakima. But the noise was sounded like it came from something huge that was moving slow.

top topics

join