It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trainer killed by his own Lion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In the US, the majority of animals in zoos are captive bred. So no, they are not wild animals. An AZA accredited zoo must meet very stringent requirements to keep animals. Keepers take care of them with a lot of love and care.

What you also don't see is zoos rehabing animals for refuges when they are sold on the black market, and taking care of wild animals that can no longer support themselves in the wild.

If it wasn't for zoos, a lot more animals would have gone extinct.

Educate yourself before making such ignorant statements.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Humans are not a part of a lion or tiger's diet. They do not see humans as prey. In the wild, they usually run instead of confronting humans or trying to eat them.
They usually only eat humans out of desperation.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Keepers take care of them with a lot of love and care.

Even captive bred animals have to be "broken" before being trained (tortured) into performing. Heres one on elephants.

Some "love and care" prior to the show.

All circus animals are trained this way from a young age. Monkeys and apes, tigers, lions and elephants. Behind the scenes (behind the curtain), their world is different than the one you see under the "big top".

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Humans are not a part of a lion or tiger's diet. They do not see humans as prey. In the wild, they usually run instead of confronting humans or trying to eat them.
They usually only eat humans out of desperation.

Wrabbits comments weren't directed at their diet. You are talking about in the wild, he was talking forcing an apex predator to perform unnatural acts in a cage for profit. Even captive bred they are still wild at heart and only perform for fear of punishment if they don't. The proof is the hooks, electric prods and hooks used to force them to conform, even when performing. The result of all that abuse is what you see in the Op video. They all do that eventually and are promptly put down. Once a cat discovers humans are weaker, they can never be allowed into the cage again. They are deemed too dangerous and are euthanized.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Wrabbits comments weren't directed at their diet. You are talking about in the wild, he was talking forcing an apex predator to perform unnatural acts in a cage for profit. Even captive bred they are still wild at heart and only perform for fear of punishment if they don't.

Thank you for your help. I think I worded that poorly but that's definitely what I meant. Trained but never tamed. Given that, trained is a false sense of security, IMO.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

No problem. Sorry if I spoke for you out of turn, I just had to land all over the ignorance.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh, the thank you was entirely sincere. I do occasionally post when I'm really tired or distracted or just blow the whole effort for what I was trying to say. I'm also trying to be more selective in replying for turning over a new leaf in conflict avoidance....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I'm also trying to be more selective in replying for turning over a new leaf in conflict avoidance....

FYI, although I haven't had much direct interaction with you I must say that I think you are not a "conflicting" type. When I do read your stuff I usually learn something. You are a plus to this site Wrabbit.

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I do not believe anyone died in this one, but it is far more entertaining in my opinion.

Two in one week I think. Not sure how often this happens.

edit on 2-8-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I said zoos, not circuses. And videos of third world countries is not indicative on what goes on in AZA accredited zoos in the US.

There is a big difference. Learn it.

As for the elephant training.
I do not personally support animal circuses. I do agree that the trainers are aggressive, but they are aggressive with standard elephant training tactics.

It takes a very special person with nerves of steel to handle elephants. You can't show fear. You have to be the master. They had two men handling about 7 8,000 pounds of smart animals.
edit on 15-2-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

This is what wrabbit said:

.they CANNOT be tamed. It's like using a Great White the way they use Dolphins to interact with humans. Gee...What could possibly go wrong!?

To these magnificent animals, humans are still dinner on two feet.

Direct point. Who is ignorant again?

BTW, you have some brown stuff on your nose. It smells suspiciously like bunny.
edit on 15-2-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

f not for that why else would people watch?

Same reason people watch NASCAR... we don't actually want to see it happen, but we love the anticipation that it might happen. It's the anticipation, the fear of it, not the actual attack or crash. When it does happen, we just want them to be ok.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join