It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trainer killed by his own Lion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is a legit article: inquisitr.com

"A circus tiger attacked its trainer in the city of Etchojoa, Sonora. Tigre mata domador no circo. Cidade do Mexico Police statement issued indicates that Alexander Crispin, 35, died after being attacked by the big cat at 22:30 pm on Saturday inside the Suarez circus tent. Crispin, who was originally from the United States and worked as a tiger tamer, was bitten on the neck by the enraged animal in the middle of the show."
WSHH

Looks like the tiger "pants" him with it's first strike.
(insult to injury)

Forcing animals out of their natural habitat doesn't sit right with me.

Edited: Thats all i gots to say.
edit on 2-5-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm happy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There's a lesson to be learned here.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Everyone that has owned a house cat knows exactly how unpredictable a cat is. Now add several hundred pounds to the mix and you have a very dangerous situation.

Why people wanna jump in the ring with giant cats or wrestle around with alligators is beyond me. Don't they realize that they are only amusing because we are waiting for them to mess up and get eaten. If not for that why else would people watch?

Who was surprised that Steve Irwin got killed? No one. The only thing that surprised people was that it wasn't by a crocodile.

edit on 5-2-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Headline: Trainer killed by his own Lion.

Op comment: Looks like the tiger "pants" him with it's first strike.

Solution: Edit headline

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I take no pleasure in seeing anyone die. It's never something to laugh at, IMO.

Having said that....These are Apex Predators. What the hell are people even thinking to try and use them as show animals? They can be trained...they CANNOT be tamed. It's like using a Great White the way they use Dolphins to interact with humans. Gee...What could possibly go wrong!?

To these magnificent animals, humans are still dinner on two feet. They may be fed well enough for a lifetime so they never take a bite of that dinner walking around them every day...but the fact we're all still dinner never changes.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's what you get for not taking care of the animals and using them for your own gain. They are wild animals and should be left alone. No sympathy.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Nothing like a Mexican Circus.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Rant on...

Good. Serves him right. Useless stupid friggin exercise. F*** circuses and zoos. Make the cat dance for the humans. And then one day, it has had enough. Now the cat is dead too. They down them when this happens.

Grrr...

Edit: Wildlife_should_be_wild.

Rant off...

edit on 5-2-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't get why these kind of jobs aren't banned...

Tamer acts aren't very enjoyable IMO, but people probable watch it for similar reasons to why they watch NASCAR.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As already stated - animals belong in their natural habitat. I cannot understand why, in 2013, humans still think it is entertaining to watch a human beat an animal into submission for the sake of a performance.

The tiger tamer - well that title is redundant because he did not tame the tiger but the tiger certainly tamed him - completely!

No sympathy for the human and even less for the people who now have to live with the memory of watching the man die in front of them. I wonder whether it will be a trigger for any of them. I feel for the tiger who has missed out on living a natural life in his natural habitat. The human had a gazillion choices for a career other than this one. Sad sad day for everyone.

Much Peace...
edit on 5-2-2013 by Amanda5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by Amanda5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

This young man passed away doing what he loved to to...I am sure he was very aware that someday the lion may turn on him; that is the chance he took.

I do not rejoice in his passing.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In related news:

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

www.newturfers.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well put, you and Wrabbit2k.

To be at this stage, i'm sure he had MAD love for animals. So i must take back what I said in the original post.

But still, i don't know. I think maybe Yes, one should not rejoice in another's passing. (ANY other) That makes me thinks about cows and chickens and pigs, among many more - I guess I don't rejoice in their mass killings, but I accept it? Because they feed me?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Have to agree. I don't think bad lion at all. I see a cat being teased. Aside from the fact its being used, caged and taken out if its natural surroundings. Its cruel. I feel sorry for the cat. Hope it doesn't get put down.

edit on 5-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For the love of animals people, PLEASE avoid the circus...

Animals in circuses endure a relentlessly awful life, marked by constant travel in cramped quarters, where access to food and water and proper veterinary care can’t always be counted on, but punishment, pain, cruelty and, sometimes, premature death can be.

Do you think that tigers – who, like most animals, are deathly afraid of fire – would be naturally inclined to jump through a ring of fire?

Do you think that elephants would be naturally inclined to balance on a colorful perch, stand on their hind legs or heads, or dance?

The answer, of course, is a resounding “No.” So, to achieve the sort of unnatural and physically challenging behaviors described above and others, the training is fear-driven, revolving around punishing and hurting the animals: whipping them, beating them with rods, etc.

Elephants often are restrained, then beaten until they understand not to fight back. The chief tool of the elephant training trade is the bull hook, or ankus, which is heavy and clublike and has a pointy, sharp tip. Imagine a heavy and sharp fireplace poker. The trainers hit the elephants with the bull hook in various parts of their body, so that they comply – “learn.”

Sounds too horrendous to believe, doesn’t it? But there is plenty of testimony by former Ringling employees that says as much, and lots of video that shows as much – some of it as new as this year. To see an extensive array of germane video footage in less than eight minutes, you could hardly do better than watching the award-winning video on Ringling and its abuse of Asian elephants by television journalist Leslie Griffith, who has won nine local Emmys and two Edward R. Murrow Awards, It’s at .

Robert Tom, a former animal keeper who worked for Ringling for nearly two years (his wife, Margaret, also was employed by the circus) issued a notarized declaration – six pages of hair-raising accounts of animal neglect, abuse and cruelty in and around the big top.

Mr. Tom’s experiences echo those of Archele Faye Hundley, a young mother of five, who worked as part of the animal crew. Her lengthy September 2006 notarized declaration, notes: “I quit the circus because the animal abuse was too upsetting. The abuse was not once in awhile, it occurred every day.”

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, along with three other not-for-profit animal welfare organizations – The Fund For Animals, Animal Welfare Institute and Animal Protection Institute – are in the midst of litigation, under the Federal Endangered Species Act, against Ringling. The allegations detail the routine abuse and neglect of Asian elephants. The groups are joined in the lawsuit by a former Ringling employee, Tom Rider, who worked as a barn man for the elephants for 21/2 years, and is featured in the Griffith piece.

I digress here briefly for a prediction: Ringling owner Kenneth Feld surely will dispatch someone to respond to this piece – could be an official employee or maybe someone in the guise of a Ringling fan writing a letter to the editor – to dismiss these contentions as the ravings of a misinformed loon.

There will be rosy scenarios offered about their training, about their “conservation efforts” (their Center for Elephant Conservation is little more than a facility to restock the touring units with fresh pachyderms), about how great their animals are treated, etc. There are millions of dollars at stake, and elephants are the prime drawing cards, so when someone is critical of the operation, Mr. Feld and his fellow Ringling panjandrums typically mobilize quickly. And they’ll say anything

Nonetheless, let’s just say, for the sake of ludicrous argument, that nothing untoward is visited on elephants in the course of their big top training. They’re still forced to travel in those train cars or trucks to perform up to three shows a day and to spend most of their non-performance time anchored by leg chains.

Let me hasten to add that I’m not at all universally opposed to circuses, just those that use animals. There are numerous animal-free circuses – perhaps the most famous is Cirque du Soleil, but the last list I saw featured more than 20 such outfits.

If your family has a hankering to see a circus, go to one of those. But attending a Ringling performance is tantamount to endorsing animal abuse.

911animalabuse.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I wish people wouldn't go to the circus. I refuse to go to them, Zoos and aquariums.

If nobody paid admission then they would be a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Feel sorry for the guy
Its an accident

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

How ironic that the song with the lyrics "Strong Desire" is playing in the background. That tiger certainly had the desire!

Unfortunate that the man died. Even so I agree with you in that humans should not take animals out of their habitats to be circus shows.

reply to post by Spookycolt

There is a reason the Romans canceled Lion battles in the Colosseum. Man, that president of the fight organization was a complete fool. Amazing the arrogance of some people.
edit on 6-2-2013 by My_Reality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join