It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien DNA mixing with Human DNA, real-time body growth and more...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
OK, first of all - is it possible for a human body to achieve real-time growth or something (as in height of the body/limbs, width etc)? For example, for their bones and muscles to grow right before your very eyes - how would that work? How would that be scientifically possible?

Leading on from this, but related to the above, could the implanting (whether accidental or not) of some extraterrestrial DNA into human DNA cause such things like the above to occur (I talk with the image of the movie Prometheus in my mind and how one of the doctors was "infected" with the black goo and "mutated").

In short, could some sort of mutation(s) cause real-time growth of bones and muscles?
edit on 2/5/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

EDIT:

Disregarding the bit about alien DNA, here is a clearer overview:

In what circumstances would real-time body growth occur? Say, for example, the lengthening of limbs and the skull? (Namely, for example, something drastic like 12 inches of height growth in a matter of minutes)

For example, for their bones and muscles to grow right before your very eyes - how would that work? How would that be scientifically possible?

In what circumstances is it theoretically possible for such obscenely rapid growth to occur? Would some sort of mutations (either natural or not) be needed?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm sure someone on ATS has a definitive answer for you.

I experience real-time growth on a daily basis. I don't think I have alien DNA, though.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"real time growth" is what you experience... it's... kinda slow. I think you mean really accelerated growth, something you can see taking shape before your eyes - like years in seconds - a "resident evil mutation or something.

Well theres stuff that accelerate the growth process of skin for instance in cases of burns and such... but to accelerate a full limb I dont think its possible.

And I'm no expert in Alien DNA... only in X-COM Enemy Unknown

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

In what circumstances would real-time body growth occur? Say, for example, the lengthening of limbs and the skull?

Do you watch Ben 10?
The guy has a watch using which he can change himself to anyone from 10 aliens.His body changes rapidly and he changes into an alien. Maybe its a DNA thing which allows him to do so.

Also Shape-shifting would definitely require 'real-time' body change.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well its not my field of specialty by any means but I did find this.

The growth of colloidal nanocrystal architectures by nanoparticle attachment is frequently reported as an alternative to the conventional growth by monomer attachment. However, the mechanism whereby nanoparticle attachment proceeds microscopically remains unclear. We report real-time transmission electron microscopy (TEM) imaging of the solution growth of Pt3Fe nanorods from nanoparticle building blocks. Observations revealed growth of winding polycrystalline nanoparticle chains by shape-directed nanoparticle attachment followed by straightening and orientation and shape corrections to yield single-crystal nanorods. Tracking nanoparticle growth trajectories allowed us to distinguish the force fields exerted by single nanoparticles and nanoparticle chains. Such quantification of nanoparticle interaction and understanding the growth pathways are important for the design of hierarchical nanomaterials and controlling nanocrystal self-assembly for functional devices.

www.sciencemag.org...

So alien DNA may not be required if you can use nanoparticles to build.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Spookycolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Bones grow in length at the epiphyseal plates (growth plates), which is a zone at the end of the long bones that are made up of hyaline cartilage I believe. Once adulthood is reached, the plates harden into the epiphyseal line and the bone will no longer grow in length without the aid of surgery. Although the bones will no longer grow length wise, they do become thicker and wider, depending on the need for strength and the tissue mass they need to support.

As to the added alien genetic factor?......... I want the sex ninja gene.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When I was fifteen I grew from 5'3" to 6'1" in one summer break from school. eight inches in three months is very noticable. I only grew a half an inch after that. I was a little heavy before but that fat and the fact I ate like a horse those three months helped me grow. I was skinny as a rail by the beginning of September and nobody recognized me at school.

I'm sure that if you could stimulate this a person could grow fast and big..
edit on 5-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
When I was fifteen I grew from 5'3" to 6'1" in one summer break from school. eight inches in three months is very noticable. I only grew a half an inch after that. I was a little heavy before but that fat and the fact I ate like a horse those three months helped me grow. I was skinny as a rail by the beginning of September and nobody recognized me at school.

I'm sure that if you could stimulate this a person could grow fast and big..
edit on 5-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)
I had a similar experience, only more drastic. I was 6'1" by the time I got of 8th grade and by my Junior year of high school I was 6'4". Now...right after I graduated I suddenly shot up from where I was to 6'11" in literally 2 months which caused me a lot of health problems at the time. I've always ate a lot of junk food but never gained any weight...Maybe I do have "alien DNA".

Oh yeah, and there were times where I thought I could see myself growing...so, not sure if what I said is pertinent to the OP.
edit on 5-2-2013 by R N G because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by R N G

That has something to do with the giantism Gene. My sister got all screwed up from it, she didn't get tall but her bones got very big around. I'm related to Big Louis from my mother's side so I know the gene is in us. This gene doesn't seem to work right anymore so there won't be too many ten foot people around.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My bones are actually proportionate and not abnormally large. I mean I don't look like Andre the Giant or anything...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by decussation

I completely understand how human growth works.

But the thing is, I'm wondering whether outrageously rapid growth and development of the human body could occur in a matter of minutes (forgetting about the alien DNA part) - say for example, the changes seen in the doctor infected by the goo in Prometheus or the growing of Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth stood still"...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by R N G

The gene shut off when the body stores were used up; My sister and I did not eat the same at all, she ate starches and milk and ice cream and I ate a lot of meat and cartilage from around the bones. Both of us sucked up a lot of Jello at that time. She wound up crippled with Rheumatoid arthritis at a young age.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by decussation

I completely understand how human growth works.

But the thing is, I'm wondering whether outrageously rapid growth and development of the human body could occur in a matter of minutes (forgetting about the alien DNA part) - say for example, the changes seen in the doctor infected by the goo in Prometheus or the growing of Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth stood still"...

I think a person could possibly grow three feet in a month under the right conditions and with the right genetics. This is not alien DNA we are talking about, we had people around that were considered giants long time ago and I am sure in certain areas that these giant people did appear throughout history.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How exactly would it be possible to grow three feet in a month??

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

How exactly would it be possible to grow three feet in a month??

That I won't comment on because I am not a mad scientist. In my research I have studied the ways that the meat and agriculture sciences get the animals and plants to grow so fast. I have also studied what I could find on this gene in humans and with a first hand knowledge of how things screw up will not mess with it. I found chemistry that stimulates growth and repair also. The problem is I do not know how to adequately control these things yet without problems occuring. I am sure that some of the people culturing some of these huge basketball players have more knowledge than I have. Ask Magic Johnson's mother

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be pretentious. I was more or less trying to state that if one could mark and manipulate the gene while a person still had fluid growth plates, it would be easier. Less likely once they had closed off.

Anything is possible in this unknown universe and anyone who says it isn't , isn't all there. I have seen many of my ex's grow a few feet in seconds it seemed, when they started calling me by my full name and were breathing fire.

edit on 5-2-2013 by decussation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

For example, for their bones and muscles to grow right before your very eyes - how would that work? How would that be scientifically possible?

Scientifically possible? Of course. In our future I have no doubt.

How? Dunno I'm not a scientist. Splicing animal DNA into ours. Nanotechnology?..

As for your alien bit. That's way too speculative. Not the existence of aliens... just discussion of their DNA.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It can't happen.

There are SO many reasons it won't happen that I can't list them all. You can't suddenly grow 6 inches or change shape.

Among many of the reasons - where would the material to do this growth come from? You can only process protein and minerals so fast. And "so fast" is in grams per day, not kilos per second.

Cells only divide so fast. And that's over hours, not milliseconds. So, instant meat isn't happening.

To make or alter bone, you have to de-calcify it, then tear down the cartilage, then build new cartilage, then re-calcify it. Bone is actually really complex - it's not just a chunk of calcium.

You cannot POSSIBLY restructure a person in seconds. It's a movie trope, not reality.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I agree fully with what you said.

I do believe there is a breed of scientists, militarily funded, who have experimented with such possibilities.

Would we as civilians ever hear about the results of these experiments? Hell the fuk NO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join