It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first album! I have finally after 14 years of being a songwriter released my first demo EP album

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

Sick beats man this is wicked. None of that mainstream crap that has taken over hip hop. I do a bunch of producing as well I'll have to send some of my beats over I'd love to do a colab!

Here's one of the raps I've done as a joke with my friends haha My verse is second.

soundcloud.com...

Yoooski.... I digg it! "The Land Before Rhyme"

"I must have been a special kid, I think thats what my teacher said all jacked on excedrin"
You hit the nail on the head brother... Absolutely though, a collab is definitely in order! I'm in ATL with alot of those "mainstream crap rappers" (there time is almost up) but through the wonders of technology we can make it happen. Don't know if there is a DM type function for me to send an email or number? (wouldnt want the black suits showing up)But I would love to get ahold of a track or two...

Btw, I have a producer duo FFB (Fire Fresh Beats) that reside in Toronto. They produced "ADHD, Eternal Soldier". Canada is in the building

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpyreX

Btw, Just finished editing a video in imovie11(i know,i know) and its flashing a black screen thru most of the vid. I have been on countless forums to no avail. I have PremierePro and FCPX but not well-versed in them and I'm pretty sure I will have to re-do the whole thing if I go that route. Any thoughts before I do so? Anyone?

Sorry mods... I know this isn't MacForums B

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpyreX

Jeeze, good place for it! I happen to be a professional videographer and editor for my main job haha. I use Premiere cs5.5 for all my editing though on Mac and Pc, but I haven't used imovie

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Very nice work Tyler. I wish you a world of luck in your music endeavors!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you very much ! I play my first show to promote the album tomorrow morning! No idea what I'm doing up still haha

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight

Thank you very much ! I play my first show to promote the album tomorrow morning! No idea what I'm doing up still haha

Have fun! I'm sure you will have a great show!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So the so called "show" turned out to be background music at a pancake breakfast at a winter carnival! I guess you can't win 'em all! Haha

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hope you don't mind, but I plugged your thread in this thread!

Bad luck on the pancake gig. My first gig was at a school open night, I was on keyboards at the time with a school friend. We'd only known each other for a few days, had 1 song prepared. In the end, we just jammed along making it up as we went along, best fun ever and actually sounded awesome. He had a good 95% of the talent though between us, he's now running a local guitar luthiers shop, but if he'd wanted he could have gone far. (Guy Mallaby is his name)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

No complaints from me! haha

It wasn't my first gig, I've been playing live for about 6 years now, just the first one since I released the album. But yea it was awkward to say the least! But that is a great story haha it's always fun doing live improvising and just jammin along isn't it?

I'll have to check him out, does he still make guitars? I have built about 4 guitars myself as that's what I wanted to do for a career originally but realized the time invested is just too much for what I could do! I am always fascinated by people who can make a living as a luthier.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
you have an awesome voice i really like it

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by isimba

Very much appreciated isimba
I can't wait to get into the studio next month and record the full produced version!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Man... I just want to jump in and say that I took a listen and am left highly impressed! I was really reminded of some of my favorite artists from several different eras. I heard a little Woody Guthrie, a pinch of Jeff Buckley, a dash of Mark Cohn, and some Dax Riggs in it.

Great, great stuff!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wow! Those are some SERIOUS compliments man! Thanks so much
everyone has been so friendly and accommodating to me posting my music here and I have gotten some really good criticism. It really feels like a community when you can all share passions like this. Thanks again I'll be sure to share any new material as it comes!

I certainly did not expect this many responses that's for sure!

Tyler

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks Tyler,

Really in to your album, keep listening to it! Wanted to pay however paypal account empty now, will definitely donate some money to your cause once there is some in there.

Regarding album covers, check out my art site liquidminduk.cgsociety.org...
I've done album covers and music videos for quite a few big bands, and I'm always up for helping a fellow musician.

Keep up the great work, and check out Michael Hedges, not alive anymore but the style of guitar is very similar to yours.
and here's a link to my ATS forum www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yo!

Finally got a chance to listen to the songs.

You had me from the first tune! "Drafted" is awesome and I love hearing the rich guitar lines. In my opinion, great music leads you to feel and taste different emotional colors. I will be listening to them often!

I wonder what you'd sound like with a drummer and bass player?

Props man!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

So the so called "show" turned out to be background music at a pancake breakfast at a winter carnival! I guess you can't win 'em all! Haha

I'm playing in a Rat Pack tribute show at Arizona's Ostrich Festival next month.

I feel your pain.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I'm in love...simply mesmerized. You don't write songs my Friend...you weave rich emotional tapestries...that is a rare, and special talent.

You have a life long fan in me.....Thank You...for being You....

I hope to hear you on ATS Radio...soon...real soon.

Des

edit on 11-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I cannot express enough how much all of your responses mean to me! It is an overload of positive feedback that is going to push me to put out the best music I can and share it with you. I just booked my studio time for March 17th to record the fully produced 6 song EP with full band, cello, backing vocals and percussion so stay tuned for that! It will be released in early May if everything goes as planned!

Until then I would really appreciate if everyone could take the time to like my music page on facebook and add me on twitter as I am going to be posting lots in the near future as I figure out this social media bandwagon! haha

Thanks again

Facebook:
facebook.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8

I'm playing in a Rat Pack tribute show at Arizona's Ostrich Festival next month.

I feel your pain.

Musician friends that I know call those types of shows 'practice sessions'.
But hey, it's music and it's your passion, so you take it in stride.
Bigger and better things are on the horizon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join