It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first album! I have finally after 14 years of being a songwriter released my first demo EP album

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well in the rabbit hole

I just wanted to share some news with you. I have just released my first demo EP album entitled "Daze & Knights"

tylerknight.bandcamp.com...

It is a culmination of many years of living and learning about life and put into song form. You can hear some conspiracy related themes in some of my newer ones as I started to become passionate about questioning how the world is run. My next album is already in the works and is going to be a "subtle" way of spreading a message of learning and questioning everything in life.

Please take the time to listen to one, two, or all of the songs and let me know your honest feedback I would really appreciate it

Be well!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just taking a listen now. Normally these are pretty naff on ATS (not that I can talk!) but this is actually bloody good! Reminds me of Bon Iver maybe a little Nizlopi? Either way, pretty well recorded too!

Pleasantly surprised!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

I started on "Drafted"

Nice
I'm 30 seconds in, but I really like it so far.

That one and then the last 2 "daze and knights" and "wishing well" are very good. Kind of a chill sound that still has a lot of feeling in it.

Now I hae heard the first 2 tracks too. Both are just as good as the other 3 I like.. I'm generally pretty picky about what tracks I like on an album, so liking 5 out of 7 is saying a lot.
edit on 2/5/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very nice, only heard the 1st 3 tracks but they took me on a journey.

A little bit velvet underground / mumford & sons / badly drawn boy. Very nice guitar and guitar playing, i like your choice of different chord inversions too. Is it a Martin you are using? Or a Taylor with 12 gauge strings?

Either way there is a place for you in the music scene. Keep up the good work, i might buy this EP

On the track drafted, is your top E tuned to a D?
edit on 5/2/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'd really like to know more about your recording process and gear as well. There is some noise which may be from the website compression and mp3 format, but it's more white-noisey from a mic. It's not very noticeable, but slightly distracting on quieter parts, subtle notch filter may fix it? Would definitely consider going into a studio if I were you, because talent you have in plenty and a proper engineer will only make you sound better!

Who are you main influences? My other thoughts are Xavier Rudd and Jeff Lang perhaps? Anyways, hats off to you sir!
edit on 5-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I enjoyed 5 out of 7 as well, and I'm a metal head. Drafted wishing well and space bound stuck out the most to me. I think my wife and daughter would enjoy it too, it's more their speed.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wow just stepped away to grab a bite and came back to all this feedback! Thanks so much everyone

I will try and respond to everyone in one post so bare with me.

Qumulys:

Thanks very much for the feedback, I recorded it just with a basic directional condenser mic aimed just at my chest to try and get a balanced sound between guitar and vocals. I Just did it through garageband just so I could get something out and online to share around until I get into the studio in March! I just booked a week of recording with a backing band and full production ( lucky for me I am a videographer by profession so I bartered video work for studio time NO CASH HANDLED)

Great pickup on the Xavier Rudd influence though I am a huge fan and have seen him many times! My biggest influence would have to be Neil Young though, maybe not as far as vocals and style but just exploring songwriting and telling a story.

Your feedback and compliments are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to mail a copy of the produced album to anyone on here for free when it gets pressed!

DustyToad:

Drafted is my favorite song I've ever written so I really enjoy hearing positive feedback on that one. I always wanted to write from the position of another person's shoes and I thought it would be neat to write about maybe if the draft was to be brought in again in this day and age.

Openears:

Impressed on picking out the Martin tone in the recordings! That is my new baby I got myself for christmas
as for the influences I really don't listen to any of them but velvet underground a bit! For Drafted, it is just standard tuning actually, just a weird riff I came across one night and it just fell together from there.

Either way! The EP is free to download or you can pay what you like I don't mind either way! If you enjoy it please feel free to spread it around I am pursuing my music career and I need all the help I can get ! I am doing a CD release of a full studio album in May in Ontario, and then heading out to the east coast of Canada to do a small tour to promote and hopefully gain some fans !

Thanks very much everyone,

Tyler

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Thanks a lot! I used to play metal when I started playing music and spent a fortune on gear haha then I decided one day to trade it all in and get an acoustic and have gone full force. I still listen to massive amounts of metal and get a lot of influence from some of the riffs and rhythms used.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Shifty little bumperoo for more people to hear!

Great capture of the performance considering the minimal gear! I'm nearing 40, but man, all I can say is mine yourself for all your worth!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I love the simplicity of what you've done -
Just guitar and voice and no effects.

Really nice.
You have a gift for singing and songwriting.
I wish you much success in your musical odyssey.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
do quit your day job

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Brilliant mate! 14 years of hard work i can say it must have payed off.

couldn't pick a single flaw, which i think, is a first!

really liked the song "drafted"

And the lyrics in "life the show" has a similar message to what i right

Keep it up

edit on 6-2-2013 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Awesome. I really like the song Drafted.Then Wondering eyes,Wishing well,Life the show,Space bound in that order.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
had a good listen. I can hear some Michael Hedges in there. I will purchase your album as soon as my paypal has some cash in it.

please check out mine titans-of-old.bandcamp.com...

If you ever need album artwork doing, send me a message

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Reminds me of Foo Fighters a bit, the acoustic in Drafted, but still your own.

I like it. Good music.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not as heavy as I normally listen to, but for the type of music that it is. I'd say its quite good. The guitar is great. Keep doing your thing man.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hello!

I haven't listened to the recordings yet as I'm about to head to bed. I'd like to give it my total focus and give some good feedback if I can.

I am a musician as well, and I admire you for getting it compiled, recorded, and on the web! Today's music industry is more of a self promoting industry. There are fewer record labels and more internet sites you can put your music on. Did you know you can put it on Amazon.com, soundcloud, and other websites for a small percentage of your profit?

Anyways, I'll get back to you tomorrow! I look forward to hearing what your doing with your music. The best music comes from people who are passionate about what they do and have good intentions. That's one of the reason I can't stand typical pop music today... so much of it reeks of selfish intention.

Have a great day!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Right on brother. Good stuff. Keep up the good fight

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Great guitar playing, super cool voice. Get your A$$ to the America's Got Talent auditions!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
splendid sound, I love it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join