It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami warning issued for Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Pacific islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

A major earthquake registering at magnitude 8 has hit near the Solomon Islands, with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) issuing a tsunami warning for a wide swathe of islands in the South Pacific.

The quake struck at a depth of 5.8km at 11.07am AEDT on Wednesday, near the Santa Cruz Islands, which are part of the Solomon Islands nation.

The quake has been placed as being 70km west of Lata and nearly 600km from the national capital, Honiara.The PTWC warned that the large quake could trigger a ‘‘destructive tsunami’’ near the epicentre.

The centre has issued a tsunami warning for the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, New Caledonia, Kosrae, Fiji, Kiribati, Wallis and Futuna.

A tsunami watch has been issued for Australia and New Zealand, and all the way to Indonesia.

source

Hopefully this turns out to be a false alarm.

edit on 5-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
looks like earthquake season is here again. :-(

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just read on Huff post... 8.0 with the Tsunami warning... Be careful everyone... I wonder if this EQ falls on the 187/188 day cycle... Can anyone verify this?

Huff Post
edit on 5-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

That is the same area where the 3 min news guy "suspiciousobserver" has been saying the sea floor dropped 1 meter a couple days ago.

edit on 5-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I agree. That makes his validity that much more agreeable to some degree of 'Fact'.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There are a lot of big quakes in that area year round... Hopefully the initial report of a 1m tsunami isn't correct.

Quake and aftershocks:

edit on 5-2-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Just read on Huff post... 8.0 with the Tsunami warning... Be careful everyone... I wonder if this EQ falls on the 187/188 day cycle... Can anyone verify this?

Huff Post
edit on 5-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I can't say from the data jhn.... but here are the last major hits.

Chile: February 27, 2010, 8.8 Magnitude
New Zealand: September 4, 2010 — 7.1 Magnitude
Japan: March 11, 2011, 9.1 Magnitude
Fiji: September 15, 2011, 7.2 Magnitude
Mexico: March 20, 2012

Not bunking or de-, this looks at an 8.0 it's kicking early, but almost
like the labor pains are coming a little closer together until last March??
For that matter why the quiet spot last fall? Hope I didn't miss something:
or worse yet, I'm hoping the quiet before the storm wasn't some extra plate
stresses building up for a really nasty adjustment. Link...:

everythinginbudget.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spartaocean

Yep, I just posted the video with a edit.Also looked at the coronal hole on the sun facing dead at us.He sure is starting to sound correct.Wonder what his post will be about tomorrow??

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

That is the same area where the 3 min news guy "suspiciousobserver" has been saying the sea floor dropped 1 meter a couple days ago.

edit on 5-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

That's weird, I don't see how an earthquake could cause a drop like that. This adds credibility to it though, I wonder what the sea floor level is now.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Tune in to him tomorrow on u-tube.I am sure he will have a lot to say on it.He has been pointing that area out for a couple weeks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The ring of fire is waking up again. Lots of activity lately and it isn't even the middle of February yet. Wait and see, we still have six more weeks of this.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Tune in to him tomorrow on u-tube.I am sure he will have a lot to say on it.He has been pointing that area out for a couple weeks.

That area is very active...large quakes hit it many times every year...so it's not surprising he'd be pointing there...he has little chance of getting it wrong. If the sea floor dropped 1m in that location a couple of days ago we would have known about it before now...
edit on 5-2-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Well he checked the buoy three days in a row,and pointed it out each day 3rd,4th, and 5th of Feb.did you watch the 1st video?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Well he checked the buoy three days in a row,and pointed it out each day 3rd,4th, and 5th of Feb.did you watch the 1st video?

Interesting...I have no response...wow...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They never told me this is what really happens when the groundhog doesn't see his shadow.

Geez!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Will do, it's very interesting assuming it's correct.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
terrible news,

on the flip side maybe it will wash away some of the dirt on the easter island statues?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Posted earlier her:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join