It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am immortal and so are you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by SpearMint

No it fell on you first...I don't play that little game...

You prove your side; and I'll prove mine...We will see who bears the burden first, huh?

No, no, no. Let's be logical here.

The burden of proof falls upon the person making the claim.

From observation it appears that we have no higher existence, there is no proof to suggest there is. You are claiming that there is, so YOU need to prove it, that's how it works. If the scientific world worked the way you're suggesting there would be chaos, if I claim that there's an invisible unicorn living in my kitchen does the burden fall upon you to prove me wrong? Of course not, I would have to prove it. Would you just assume that there is until it's proven that there isn't?

The burden of proof falls entirely upon the people claiming there is a higher existence, because it is outside what we can observe as true. The same thing goes for the existence of god, big foot, fairies, the Loch Ness monster and any other extraordinary claims.

What you're suggesting is ridiculous... and probably an excuse to clear yourself of this burden.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

No I did not...You made the claim first that life is essentially meaningless...Where is your proof of this? I love how skeptics always attempt to shift burden of proof away from themselves...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join