It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am immortal and so are you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by SpearMint

If that were just the case that our conciousness is only due to our electrical impulses being interpreted by our brains then when you die so does the "you". Yet...I do not believe this is so. There are "higher" levels of existence, I am sad that most people do not get to experience them while they exist as a human...but that does not mean they are not there. Because we are not in the same room together does not mean you or I are merely the product of our imaginations.

There's nothing to suggest there are higher levels of existence.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If that were just the case that our conciousness is only due to our electrical impulses being interpreted by our brains then when you die so does the "you". Yet...I do not believe this is so. There are "higher" levels of existence, I am sad that most people do not get to experience them while they exist as a human...but that does not mean they are not there. Because we are not in the same room together does not mean you or I are merely the product of our imaginations.

Interesting...and yet I have experienced them...Apparently you have not. But that does not mean they do not exist.

edit on 5-2-2013 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Interesting...and yet I have experienced them...Apparently you have not. But that does not mean they do not exist.

Let me guess, this experience existed inside your head?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Let me guess, this experience existed inside your head?

To be blunt no. I have shared the same experiences with muliple different people throughout the years. So no, they were not merely inside my head alone.

Also throughout human history it has been quite the common belief and theme that there exists an "afterlife" of some kind...often varying in detail yet millions of humans have believed that we are immortal. Some have claimed to have been there and back. Others also have claimed to have "seen" many many different things such as spirit guides, ghosts etc...

I can't tell you what to believe, you must search inside yourself for truth. I know what I have experienced and believe and can share and discuss what I know. Hence why I put this in philosophy and metaphysics and not "breaking news".

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nothing is lost in the Universe... everything lives.... nothing dies.

We live in a Universe that is constantly transforming into new energies.

Its that simple.

This is not some random chance at life.....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The problem is with people who have not read enough different views to actually make a statement such as the OP. According to the OP our consious thoughts remain intact but apart from some 'experiments' [I can guess what they were] there is no good argument.
Had the OP read a bit more into the newest sciences he/she could have made a point with some substance.

I have a background in Neuroscience, which at the time of study was very much based on the idea that the hardware of the brain can explain consiousness. However even Neuroscience is now evolving and taking quantum mechanics into consideration.
So it is quite possible that we store memory somewhere else apart from the hardware of our brains as there are no structures that could explain memory 100%

I gave stars to those that argued that we are here only by chance and that there may be no reason for us to be here as I agree.
There are theories [scientific ones not random ideas] that can explain how quantum waves and particles which are the only ones that show true randomness can cause matter to develop.
There is no man in the sky or higher being that made us for a purpose.

If you read more you can see that it is more than possible to get patterns from absolutely nothing, such is the way our universe works. No miracle or purpose.

Yet on the same hand it is entirely possible that our memory MAY stay. Or it may be diluted in the great sea of memories and we don't keep ouselves. We just don't know.

However to ASSUME and PREACH that we WILL stay immortal shows a lack of knowledge in so many fields.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

There is a lot of information, more than one post or possibly one thread can contain that does have substance that does indicate our consciousness is outside the brain.

What kind of background in Neuroscience do you have?

Neuroscience is indeed evolving and taking quantum mechanics into consideration.
Finally!

Just because you give stars based on a bias ...means nothing. Not sure why that is relevant.

You state "There is no man in the sky or higher being that made us for a purpose." I say back to that... prove your statement true and I will believe you.

You also state "If you read more you can see that it is more than possible to get patterns from absolutely nothing, such is the way our universe works. No miracle or purpose. " Again, prove it..... back it up with credible links.

To suggest there is no purpose and everything is random from the subatomic to the galactic seems a little narrow minded in my opinion as there is more and more evidence this is not true.

Read up on the electron, plasma, etc.... Physics is about to take on a new leaf in my opinion. Text books will hopefully be rewritten in the near future as there are more and more out of the box thinkers/physicist these days and it looks promising.

Then you state this..

"However to ASSUME and PREACH that we WILL stay immortal shows a lack of knowledge in so many fields."

You say "shows a lack of knowledge" and I say the same back to you for making such a statement.

Here are a couple of videos...

Science is evolving and the book is never to be closed.

Sooner than later there will be proof of our transformation from one life to another. For now, we have many accounts of experience. We also have many in different fields working to prove what they already know. Life is not by chance... there is a purpose.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Had you read my OP you would not have used daily dead statistics to back up your claim as I had already stated it was not about physical immortality. And I believe I did provide information and was in no way "preaching". I stated that we exist after death and proclaimed my philosophy according to my statement and further asked you to prove we are not. Which you can't ...no one can so therefore my argument that we are is quite valid unless proven otherwise.

You can prove you are immortal by jumping off a really tall building and living. I can prove you are mortal the moment you hit the ground. After that, you are only assuming and accommodating your wishful thinking. Therefore your argument may be valid, but not at all sound or true, and is based on nothing substantial except your desire and hopes.

(I implore you, do not try to prove you are immortal, despite my negativity towards your assumptions.)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
(edit to not really address anyone, could have chosen a few posts really to say this on, so its just a general thought).

Sad sad day on an ATS metaphysics thread that is not here to prove anything, just share with those of like mind, as we are apt to do, and any insights we have at times, that 3 cynics/skeptics or materialists came on a metaphysics thread asking for proof.

I say, study your navel in the corner until you get some or go out and do something else, that you want to do.

There are many here who don't need that proof and enjoy the discussion as is.

Be Water My Friend! - Bruce Lee Remix

A video I'll never get tired of. Its up for individuals to seek, its seems built in as part of the tests. Why tests? Logic. If you're already an infinite part of infinity, why would anyone come here. What is this world telling us, what does it need? Logic shows it needed the input of us, doing the right thing.

You don't have to see that. But others do.

There is no forcing anyone, dragging them kicking and screaming onto a spiritual or metaphysics thread.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Imagine a world with many built in problems and greed, selfishness and tyranny. There may be some who are limited in choices, or even have no choice given, for like Groundhog Day the Movie, have to get it right. Its a good thing we are given a fresh slate here as babies, without access, or full access for some who do remember a bit, to the past, and if seen right its a gift to work out the problems, and flaws in us, to uncover them and improve.

But for some its a world with problems, that could use some effort, some to see through the greed and shine, or nudge, not dictate to others, the world already has those striving to force their versions on others. Instead imagine what those working to strive or become light workers and higher ups themselves, would be expected to do in a world like that.

And of course sometimes its because we want to help a brother/sister, loved one through. But it always has a risk of failing self and others. Faith and going within, gratitude and working out flaws helps get people more on track. Faith isn't necessarily about religions. Faith in Love and Goodness above, the Family, our Family and Friends. Faith that there is light and love in each person can be nudged, in ourselves and others too. Faith in Love.

Its not really about winning and losing here, as much as trying to solve problems and spread happiness and awareness, ie. not agreement but the ability to question and seek and improve and problem solve, is not the result but the way that counts. But if more did this there would still be a better result, more freedoms, a cleaner happier world, more abundance, and more equality.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I say, study your navel in the corner until you get some or go out and do something else, that you want to do.

There are many here who don't need that proof and enjoy the discussion as is.

I suppose it all depends on how much one can put up with lies and deceit. When I see my brothers and sisters getting shoe-horned into believing something, merely because it appeals to their tastes, I attack it out of respect for them. 'Philosophers' with nothing but unsubstantiated promises and sweeping assertions should be treated with caution, if not ridicule.

This is how philosophy works and has always worked. One makes claims or speculations and tries to prove it through argument or evidence. Without these arguments or evidence, the supposed philosophy is nothing more than preaching. If you don't enjoy the art of philosophy, then I'd say you'd find more comfort in the religion forum. There you can discuss metaphysics to your hearts content without having to make an argument or without understanding philosophy.

When one tries to force his mind into places he doesn't understand (the afterlife) and comes back down to earth with absolutely nothing to show for it save for a few speculations and wild claims, more would have been accomplished by studying the navel.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The body only knows the physical world, what it can perceive through its sensory organs and it develops this interpretation to create a picture of reality filtered through its past experiences and programming. Most people don't venture beyond the programming and accepted belief systems they've adopted to connect with the spiritual world.

I know there is much more to our lives than having a physical experience. We are directed by a higher source that knows more than we can comprehend. Each lifetime adds a brief chapter to our essence.

I want to go home too but I know within my heart that I have to be here for my final. After that, I carry away the experiences of 13000 years on this planet with me and begin my next adventure.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually, its best to see walls come down and run run run. Thats been my philosophy last while. Also when you post to go within say, to be conscious, observe where your consciousness is, say, such as that video, Be Water my friend speaks of, Spirit, yours and/or Family, or Chi, or any number of names some have for the same or similiar concept, for self improvement, for getting your life unblocked and going and helping your loved ones, any post about going within, seeking, outside the box of a certain Judaic family of religions and suddenly walls begin to appear in posts, gently trying to steer it into a certain way.

Even giving the way in the simplest form, go within, could be considered directing others to somewhere dangerous by some. And woe unto you if you dare to suggest that instead of choosing a side, you need to work at inputting positive into your actions, and strive to be Love. It has to do with going within and what number you dial on the phone. First of all, you want yourself, from the Greater Perspective Of Oversoul, and helper.

The trouble with all those who might read such a post, is they maybe forced to participate in ideas that they won't find mirrored everywhere in the corrupt world of pesitilence dominated by pryamid religions. No they're being forced to participate or read I suppose.

True free will means equal sides all around.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce had similar thoughts. According to him we have all the knowledge of the universe in every one of us.

We are the Borg!! We just don't have a connected conscious.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I know that there is more to this existence than this mere human form I currently inhabit. I have felt it, I have seen it....I have been to the level above human perception through experiments and experience...and yes there is more beyond this three dimensional life on planet Earth.

Jesus said Blessed are those who believe without seeing. Please tell us why you believe what your senses have experienced? Please tell us why you perceive truth through your senses, when anyone who desires something badly enough can convince themselves that even a lie is true, especially if their senses seem to confirm the lie as truth? Your experiences seem to confirm immortality, yet have any of these demons told you that they are aware of the apponted time? Of course not.

edit on 6-2-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks so much, yea I wasn't trying to PREACH or anything to anyone...I mean, that term can be used on any post on this forum heh...I do want to share philosophies and my experiences/beliefs and discuss them with others in a rational mature manner for sure.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I will try to post more and respond when time permits for sure. Cheers and peace to all!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If our bodies are made of the same universal dust that things already observed to have fractals are made of, then technically, we contain the whole thing within us, including every single person in it.

But who is the I observing the universe and what is the universe. I believe its a simuilated reality school, on many different levels, each solar system, galaxy, dimension a different type of thing, learning platform. And that there can never be 1 of anything in infinity, except for infinite something(s), so that the unviverse itself must exist in infinite ways and forms, and what lies outside must exist in infinite ways as well.

If you are truly the player, of this universe, within, then what is without? And if stars are crystalline, as some studies I once found showed crystalline material in star dust, then are they mirrors? If they are and we are players, is everything backwards here? If we're on the other side of the mirror, and playing a joint shared space, within, then is the inner the real, and the outer the shadow?

On the other hand, what is Light?

In full spectrum light, coming through the stars, be they mirrors or some exotic mystery, everything is contained or visible, if you could stand within that attuned on a higher level.

The Light itself streams in.

Light streams from a candle, and there are millions of nano diamonds found. Where did that Light come from?
You can make candles, the material is there, but where does the Light come from?

Where does the Light that streams through our cells and DNA and pineal and our physical body suit come from? Known as Biphoton Emission.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

We're getting bathed in it right now, and as you reach higher by your own daily work in relation to others and overcoming your flaws, negativity, That means more higher lighter expansive frequency is working with us.

When you're exposed to the sun there is the A and B, ie. cancer causing and the healing side.

Oh and thats another reason to choose positive work on yourself, the school is set out in a way that logic and deep thinking can see the duality and one harms, one helps, one causes illness, one heals illness. What side do you want to be working with, or your children?

I feel we need to be able to stand in that higher frequency light, and we'd being readied. and we have the ability to flow your Soul/Source/Family/Chi's essence here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think you're drawing conclusions where there are none. We all want to believe in a purpose to our existence, but an objective perspective provides us with a sobering answer: There doesn't seem to be one. Whatever we choose to believe are just that, beliefs, with no hard evidence to back them up. If you want to believe that the purpose of life is X, then so be it.

In regards to the soul, I do believe that all conscious things have a soul (read, ALL, not just humans); however, a soul and an ego are not synonymous; the identity you build while experiencing life is not what allows you to experience life. In that sense, WE, as in who we identify ourselves to be, are not immortal, but our consciousnesses are.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

I know that there is more to this existence than this mere human form I currently inhabit. I have felt it, I have seen it....I have been to the level above human perception through experiments and experience...and yes there is more beyond this three dimensional life on planet Earth.

Jesus said Blessed are those who believe without seeing. Please tell us why you believe what your senses have experienced? Please tell us why you perceive truth through your senses, when anyone who desires something badly enough can convince themselves that even a lie is true, especially if their senses seem to confirm the lie as truth? Your experiences seem to confirm immortality, yet have any of these demons told you that they are aware of the apponted time? Of course not.

edit on 6-2-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

I say "Blessed are those who choose not to live under the slavery of other men." Why should I not believe what my senses have experienced? Are not my experiences truth to me? I know not of any of these beings you refer to as "demons", I have never once seen them, spoke to them, heard them, touched them...the only beings I know to be real are human beings...good, evil, and everything in-between. I say yes, my experiences confirm immortality through the fact that this reality that we as humans experience is not the true, whole reality that exists. There are higher dimensions/levels of reality that simultaneously co-exist with the three dimensional one that we currently exist in. Once we break free from this particular biological "reality suit", we move on and can indeed experience fully the next level of existence. I also believe that we are existing in that place at the same time, and that the human body is merely a part of who we are...as in, what you are experiencing through this body is only a piece of your whole being, the rest of you existing in a higher plane, and in multiple dimensions at the same time. In that place time does not exist...you just "are", and there are others there as well...many...many multitudes of others. As though the body is merely a space suit of sorts for a portion of your being to break into three dimensional space and experience this planet and live. It's the only way I know how to explain it.
edit on 6-2-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Btw, I have some questions.
What is the feeling when Enlightened people talk to each other or talk to Non-Enlightened people?
Is it like you are talking to yourself (like when facing mirror)
Is it like you are talking to 'outer' Egos (when talking to non Enlightened)
Is it like having a game character you possess talking to another Non Playable Characters? (This is how I feel these days although I have not complete my journey)

Sorry for asking these questions.
I truly believe in you guys. I'm also on my journey to find out myself but I hope you all want to share with me How does it feel when you talk to another.

edit on 6-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join