Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am immortal and so are you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Funny how people believe they will just die and rot in the ground but when they day comes they sure will be hoping there was a god. Dying does not mean you have to keep the same form of consciousness, its just if your being knows how to interpret and use that type, if not you go back and have another chance to learn. If we just died and stopped being then why did everyone hate Hitler so much, by that logic he just killed a bunch of animals that are existing with no purpose doing the same exact thing as your local exterminator.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
reply to post by SpearMint

Lucky enough to evolve here? You just proved this whole thread correct........sometimes i just have to laugh at you type of people. If it was luck that placed us here as you say then obviously there is some other form of intelligence that would determine where we went. And as for me being paradoxical i was born into a planet that was already in the process of turning to crap, we live short life's silly. Surely i couldn't be the same age as the earth and actually have a say in how all this planned out.

How have I proved the thread correct?

Luck, being chance, does not imply an intelligence at all. It was chance that determined whether life would form here or not. Your logic is very flawed.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

The type that are perfectly content and convinced we have no purpose. I literally have to laugh at my computer.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Funny how people believe they will just die and rot in the ground but when they day comes they sure will be hoping there was a god. Dying does not mean you have to keep the same form of consciousness, its just if your being knows how to interpret and use that type, if not you go back and have another chance to learn. If we just died and stopped being then why did everyone hate Hitler so much, by that logic he just killed a bunch of animals that are existing with no purpose doing the same exact thing as your local exterminator.

It's a fact that our physical bodies will rot in the ground, we are discussing the immortal soul. I suppose your take on that is that no such thing exists?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Because luck determined that the universe would do everything perfectly do make and support life and the ability for it to experience itself............this is in no way sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Are we all living this life's silly, as he says?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Sure i am purporting that when we die we do not go rot in the ground but our bodies actually fly off to some other dimension or existence even though the body is still physically in the ground here.....

Off course i am talking about the soul

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Over 150 people die every minute. The evidence is quite literally piling up.

Ah you thought I was speaking of human immortality in this current body. Had you bothered to read my OP you would have ascertained that I was speaking of further existence beyond the biological post mortem. Next time read the OP before replying thanks!
edit on 5-2-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Because luck determined that the universe would do everything perfectly do make and support life and the ability for it to experience itself............this is in no way sarcasm.

I'm not quite sure what most of that means.

Chance determined the conditions of Earth, the conditions were right for amino acids to form which are the building blocks of life. If that didn't happen we would not be here. That's not were the chance stops, it's barely begun, evolution and therefore every living thing on the planet is here in their current form because certain things happened when there was also a large chance that they might not. Everything in the universe is based on chance. It's not about perfection, what happens, happens.
edit on 5-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Sure i am purporting that when we die we do not go rot in the ground but our bodies actually fly off to some other dimension or existence even though the body is still physically in the ground here.....

Off course i am talking about the soul

If you have ever left your body you would understand how free the soul/spirit really is.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, I for one don't know what is on the other side. I will just try to be honest and honorable while I live and not worry about what happens later. I will live on in the minds of my children and if I make a good enough impression then I will be remembered by my grandchildren as I remember my grandfather and grandmother. I'm not worried of leaving a legacy to the world, just to those I love. I'm not here just to be a robot or be depressed, I'm here to enjoy life the best I can with my limited resources. I don't need to be rich to enjoy life.....well actually I do since my name is rich.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, I for one don't know what is on the other side. I will just try to be honest and honorable while I live and not worry about what happens later. I will live on in the minds of my children and if I make a good enough impression then I will be remembered by my grandchildren as I remember my grandfather and grandmother. I'm not worried of leaving a legacy to the world, just to those I love. I'm not here just to be a robot or be depressed, I'm here to enjoy life the best I can with my limited resources. I don't need to be rich to enjoy life.....well actually I do since my name is rich.

That's very much the way I look at passing through this life as well. Your name is rich, how ironic.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Chance determined the conditions of Earth, the conditions were right for amino acids to form which are the building blocks of life. If that didn't happen we would not be here. That's not were the chance stops, it's barely begun, evolution and therefore every living thing on the planet is here in their current form because certain things happened when there was also a large chance that they might not. Everything in the universe is based on chance. It's not about perfection, what happens, happens.

Nope everything in the universe is most definitely not chance. We humans have the ability to make conscious decisions. Such as what to eat, what to wear, to kill someone, to love someone, to show kindness, or make war. There is always a choice somewhere...sure sometimes things happen beyond our control but we do have the opportunity to make choices above instinct.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ah you thought I was speaking of human immortality in this current body. Had you bothered to read my OP you would have ascertained that I was speaking of further existence beyond the biological post mortem. Next time read the OP before replying thanks!

No I did read your OP. You are wrong to insinuate I didn't.

I know you're talking about existence beyond death, except you didn't argue anything or present anything to help prove your case. In other words: you're preaching.

Your welcome.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Nope everything in the universe is most definitely not chance. We humans have the ability to make conscious decisions. Such as what to eat, what to wear, to kill someone, to love someone, to show kindness, or make war. There is always a choice somewhere...sure sometimes things happen beyond our control but we do have the opportunity to make choices above instinct.

Considering, humans evolved from the branch of the chimpanzee....(insert sad face here) we have alot of work to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I meant everything physical. Although our decisions could quite possibly be based on chance.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

No I did read your OP. You are wrong to insinuate I didn't.

I know you're talking about existence beyond death, except you didn't argue anything or present anything to help prove your case. In other words: you're preaching.

Your welcome.

Had you read my OP you would not have used daily dead statistics to back up your claim as I had already stated it was not about physical immortality. And I believe I did provide information and was in no way "preaching". I stated that we exist after death and proclaimed my philosophy according to my statement and further asked you to prove we are not. Which you can't ...no one can so therefore my argument that we are is quite valid unless proven otherwise.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I meant everything physical. Although our decisions could quite possibly be based on chance.

Then your argument is invalid considering that we humans are much more than simple biological processes...we are sentient and aware. We are all existing temporarily in physical form quite possibly simultaneously in extradimensional form at the same time only to join with the "rest" of you after you die.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Then your argument is invalid considering that we humans are much more than simple biological processes...we are sentient and aware. We are all existing temporarily in physical form quite possibly simultaneously in extradimensional form at the same time only to join with the "rest" of you after you die.

We are sentient and aware purely because of biological processes and electrical signals. All of what you say is nothing more than your opinion, which seems to be based on many misunderstandings and assumptions.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If that were just the case that our conciousness is only due to our electrical impulses being interpreted by our brains then when you die so does the "you". Yet...I do not believe this is so. There are "higher" levels of existence, I am sad that most people do not get to experience them while they exist as a human...but that does not mean they are not there. Because we are not in the same room together does not mean you or I are merely the product of our imaginations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join