It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT- Big quake- Santa Cruz- 8.0!! Alert Northern Australia Coast- Beware Tsunami

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by CranialSponge

'Destroyed villages' dosen't sound severe to you?

These are people homes and communities we are talking about!!!
edit on 5-2-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

I'm talking to westcoast regarding his friend in Papua New Guinea, a 3 foot tsunami will not carry far to maintain any kind of a severe threat the farther out it goes.

Of course it's devastating to the immediate epicentre areas.

In light of what it could produce, this is a good thing, believe it or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

'Destroyed villages'

awww I was afraid of that, it just looked to darn strong and shallow.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hawaii just got a little temblor, 2.6 at 37.2 km deep.
Not a biggy by a long shot.
More coffee.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Still going...a 6.6 just now popped up.....there going up and down?? Is this normal?? And so big and frequent?? I'm really worried...hope as many people are safe as possible in these areas!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like a little something is happening in Hawaii?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I read that Australia is on alert and New Zealand is evacuating people to go to high ground.

sorry if thats already been reported.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Still going...a 6.6 just now popped up.....there going up and down?? Is this normal?? And so big and frequent?? I'm really worried...hope as many people are safe as possible in these areas!

Yea, I don't know anything about this at all, but is there a way to tell if these are fore-shocks?? I'm having trouble following the pattern if there is one.

link   
EVALUATION SEA LEVEL READINGS INDICATE A TSUNAMI WAS GENERATED. IT MAY HAVE BEEN DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS NEAR THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER AND COULD ALSO BE A THREAT TO MORE DISTANT COASTS. AUTHORITIES SHOULD TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION IN RESPONSE TO THIS POSSIBILITY. THIS CENTER WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR SEA LEVEL DATA TO DETERMINE THE EXTENT AND SEVERITY OF THE THREAT.

ptwc.weather.gov...

link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Hawaii just got a little temblor, 2.6 at 37.2 km deep.
Not a biggy by a long shot.
More coffee.

Sorry didn't see your post, yea I usually follow these treads but don't participate much, this event is creepy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

Yeah, it looked like some of those tsunamis were awful close to both areas...I was wondering about that..TY for the info

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Really, where did u read NZ is evacuating people to higher ground? Not all that worried for my safety at this point but my work is rather close to the water in auckland and would be nice to know if i should think about going home... which is on a large hill.
edit on 5-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
I read that Australia is on alert and New Zealand is evacuating people to go to high ground.

No kidding, earlier reports said Australia was safe, must have changed.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

Really, where did u read NZ is evacuating people to higher ground?

Yes, is there a link?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
National Buoy Center, showing buoys affected. Here is the link HERE

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I really hope TA is wrong about this being a foreshock of an even bigger hit down the line... but the "aftershocks" seem to be all over the place.

Is it possible for the aftershocks to produce more tsunamis ? Creating non-stop waves of water crashing down on these islands ?!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Not all stations are reporting yet for up to date readings but this rang the whole planet.

Global Seismographic Network (LISS Heliplot Displays)

I don't mean this as a sign of doom or the sky is falling. The Indonesia Tsunami was caused by a quake that was also recorded world wide with some rather incredible Heliplots. However, the link shows an index of the International heliplot data displays. I hope that helps to track what is happening and how far it's being recorded to what strengths.

A few of those are...notable...for how large they are, given the extreme distances. This was a whopper.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
From Cnn:

One-meter tsunami confirmed by instruments near the Solomon Islands, says Pacific Tsunami Warning Center geophysicist

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I'm not sure how to measure what the wave height is with das bouys. I know that they're

3272.40 as opposed to

what does the ,20 in difference ,mean? feet? inches? other?
thanks
edit on 5-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable

Edit to my post.
Sorry for bad info, I read that off twitter. Bad source I know. Someone gave bad info.
They evacuating New Zealand staff in the Soloman Islands to higher ground...

My fault

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok, this is good, thanks all for helping with tsunami updates, while I watch the seismos more. This thread is the actual what happened, while I am speculating in the other thread I started about this a week ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if you want to see what I think might happen go there...thanks again folks, and let's pray this doesn't escalate...But right now it does not look good.

edit on Tue Feb 5th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join