It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 (almost 16) year old non-denominational Christian lurker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

It's hard in this world. The preacher of Ecclesiastes couldn't even find one good woman for him out of 1000. I'm a bit young, so I won't be searching for that kind of love for now.

Everybody, thanks again for welcoming me.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by punisher97

Well, with the bustling population of the world the odds are in your favour.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I suppose so, compared to around 2500 years ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Indeed, but you need to put your soul out there to find it's match, don't be afraid because most people are good.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I'd say most people have good intentions, but are not for me to marry. Society has corrupted people into thinking that certain people are superior to others. Most people are far too judgmental.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher97

I'd say most people have good intentions, but are not for me to marry. Society has corrupted people into thinking that certain people are superior to others. Most people are far too judgmental.

It must be human nature and within nature the female of the species is extremely judemental in choosing the right mate, it's an extremely important choice resulting in the next generation, as well as matching spiritually, religiously, soul temperment, physical temperment, commonalities, and sexual desires.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Humans have been judgmental for quite some time, probably since Eve ate the fruit. I still think that favoritism should be abolished. It's pretty much the main reason for about 90% of wars in history. I know that isolated favoritism doesn't usually cause wars, but it's still a major cause of human conflict.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

That favouratism is a mental choice, I was commenting on the natural selection dealing with choosing a mate.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Good point. I think that being judgmental in general is bad for a relationship though. Too many people will walk past somebody on the street and make fun of them for being fat, wearing old clothes, or being of a different race.

James 2: 1-4 shows how being judgmental is bad. I suppose humans will always have strict sexual preferences, but they shouldn't judge others for no good reason.

"My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?"

I have to go to bed now. See you all tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher97

Good point. I think that being judgmental in general is bad for a relationship though. Too many people will walk past somebody on the street and make fun of them for being fat, wearing old clothes, or being of a different race.

James 2: 1-4 shows how being judgmental is bad. I suppose humans will always have strict sexual preferences, but they shouldn't judge others for no good reason.

"My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?"

I have to go to bed now. See you all tomorrow.

Therefore, I'm thinking that human selection of a mate is the same as birds do it; the females select their mate based upon physical beauty, strength (protection), and foremost and most important the male's ability to provide a food source (sustainability for children as well). It's all very simple, so I don't know what is the confusion here.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL Des, I actually read the OP twice I was so impressed with his maturity and thought provoking content. I don't believe at 15 I was that articulate, even though I thought I knew EVERYTHING.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyholes
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL Des, I actually read the OP twice I was so impressed with his maturity and thought provoking content. I don't believe at 15 I was that articulate, even though I thought I knew EVERYTHING.

I was, I actually lied and said I was 16 years of age to get a job.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Punisher. Enjoyed your post. I'm impressed with your maturity, far cry from where I was at 15.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Nice intro from you and good work to study the Bible!

I used to be a Christian before but in the Bible you can learn that Elijah will come first and must come first in order to turn people´s hearts towards goodness.

I have since realized that Elijah is here right now, among us and he spreads his teachings. As it is said in Bible that these teachings of the end times will come from the far east, it has arrived from China and it is called Falun Dafa, a form of Qi Gong. Furthermore, just like in Revelation Falun Dafa is persecuted by the Great Red Dragon, the evil communist party from China. So it has all come true and by the end of the end all people will understand the truth about what Falun Dafa is all about. Now it has spread to almost every country in the world.

Falun Dafa is based on cultivation of both mind and body and one should assimilate to Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance in daily life´s actions, that is a key point. The slow and smooth exercises are there to improve the body. And it is all free of charge and can be downloaded at Falun Dafa Qi Gong

Interestingly the Master of Falun Dafa is called Li Hongzhi. Elijah can be split into El-Li-Jah which means God-Li-God.

Nostradamus called him Liber and Selin among other names, in Scandinavian mythology it is said only Liv and Livtrase can survive the end of times. Li is the key word here.

I reckon that the vast majority of Christians never read the Bible and therefore they have no clue that the end times are here and the Bible actually describes them in detail. And then there is the issue that all religions have been destroyed from within and that is why there must be a new world religion after the end times. I believe Edgar Cayce said that true Christianity will have its cradle in China. How right he was!

I wish you all the best in the future!

Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I logged in just to welcome you to ATS,after noticing your age and reading your introductory post.Im a mother of 3 children,among them a 15yr old,and i was impressed with the way you put yourself across.While im not what most people would consider a Christian,i respect everyone's right to choose their own way.You sound mature and sensible for your age.Very busy day,gotta go,again welcome! And i hope you enjoy being a member here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The force is strong in this one.

Welcome youngster and enjoy your time with us
Great intro

Cody

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, be very careful on this site. If you're young in your Christianity, and are seeking to know the Lord then it's very easy to be led astray because your faith will be tested here before it is sufficiently strong.

Read Ephesians 6 regarding the armour of God. It's not the cheesy cliché many make it out to be. There are very deep insights to be gained from that passage.

I urge you to find someone offline who you can discuss at length the topics you will read here. Someone who has a deep knowledge of the word in it's proper context. If you don't have someone like that then pray for it. He will hear you and place someone in your life. Once you have asked, make sure to live in expectation of that person appearing at any time. Appearances can be deceiving lol!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This is the problem with our world....supposed intelligent people that are still somehow Christians....Can you really be that intelligent if you believe in all of that silly fiery ending bull #? And that a human was somehow the product of a perfect being? Doesn't it scare you to look up the definition of "perfect" and realize that if something were truly perfect it would require no need for imperfections? If there was a perfectly good, perfectly powerful, perfectly knowledgable God out there he wouldn't have the ability to conceive of any type of imperfection. Therefore the Christian concept of God is impossible, unless you tweak it to say that God is only MORE perfect than us, not perfect completely. Even then that doesn't merit a God worth worshiping. If there is a God and he is just, then he will not judge you by your beliefs when you die, but by the actions that you have made. If there is a God, and he is unjust, then you should not want to worship him.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Kody27 because: *misspelling

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Case in point above.

It seems reasonable on the surface but is so full of twisted truths (deliberate or otherwise), that I won't even bother to respond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join