It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 (almost 16) year old non-denominational Christian lurker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've been a visitor of ATS for months, but never bothered to post. I don't remember how I found the site, but I check it daily. I'll be explaining how I got to where I am in life now.

In around 2009 or so, I heard of the 2012 theories. In May 2011, I heard about Harold Camping's rapture prediction. I was gullible enough to believe it. I was raised in a catholic home with parents who eventually stopped going to church due to certain theological differences which I do not wish to discuss at this time.

After figuring out that Camping's predictions were false, I decided to seek out the true word of God. My parents had never given me a Bible to read and I hadn't been to church in years. Sometime in late 2011, I started reading Revelation and since then desired to learn the truth about the horrible, corrupt society that we live in. As a younger kid, and even now, I have never had a girlfriend and have always been a relatively shy and academically smart person. I was drawn to the book of Matthew, being the first book of the New Testament, in December 2011. I learned that lust is adultery, and that has been what finally put me on the path to overcoming Satan.

I had always considered myself a catholic, since that is what my parents told me. I soon learned that the pope is not God's avatar on earth and sometime around spring 2012, denounced catholicism. I have not told my parents this since. I tell them about many conspiracies, but never about the Bible.

After leaving catholicism, I considered myself a protestant. My English teacher from 9th grade was a nondenominational pastor and led me to realize that there should be no divisions among the Church. I am now nondenominational as well and seek out the Bible as well as alternative media to find as much of the truth as possible about society. I have researched some apocryphal books and determined that they contain some truths, but that is a story for another day.

I have finally interpreted Jesus's teachings on lust to be denouncing favoritism as a whole. I seek to turn the US into a place where people do not judge each other. I know the end times are here and I want as many people as possible to be saved. Unfortunately, the churches do not care about this and ATS is one of the few places where I can find beliefs so far apart from the mainstream. Many of my posts will probably be in the two religion sections, but I have also taken an interest in politics and will probably post in those threads as well.

I look forward to communicating with all of you, Christian or not. I have respect for other religions as well, just as Jesus had respect for everybody. Please note that despite my young age, my beliefs are not consistent with those of my parents.

edit on 5-2-2013 by punisher97 because: grammar

edit on 5-2-2013 by punisher97 because: spelling

edit on 5-2-2013 by punisher97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by punisher97

That was a refreshing read and great introductory post. You seem very knowledgeable for your age, and I'm sure we all look forward to your future contributions. Welcome!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Well written, and informative intro. I look forward to your threads....

Des

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Welcome p97...

I know the end times are here and I want as many people as possible to be saved....Many of my posts will probably be in the two religion sections,

I may attack you later, so just wanted to say something nice now: Great Intro..!

Cya on the boards...

edit on 5-2-2013 by facelift because: add a 7

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Welcome p97...

I know the end times are here and I want as many people as possible to be saved....Many of my posts will probably be in the two religion sections,

I may attack you later, so just wanted to say something nice now: Great Intro..!

Cya on the boards...

edit on 5-2-2013 by facelift because: add a 7

Thanks everybody. I'm sure many people will disagree with me here, just like quite a few people in real life. I usually just ignore insults, so I'll be fine with your attacks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Are you sure you're only 15 years old......

Des

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Welcome OP, nice to have you here. Brave of you to say how old you are, most youngsters probably wouldnt say for fear of being patronised or ridiculed, but it looks like you can hold your own.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Welcome P97!

Very well spoken Introduction. A lot of similarities to me in the early 90's when I was 14 -15, although in the last 5-7 years, I have finally renounced my Christian faith.. Life has been one adventerous journey in search of truth. Good to see youth who think about such matters, as opposed to so many who never give a thought to anything spiritual, etc.

Look forward to your post!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah. My birthday's less than a week away, but that's irrelevant. I'm pretty smart for my age, and not just in school. I'd say 90% of kids my age are rather immature.

By the way everybody, my username is based off of the Marvel comics character Punisher. His current series is awesome.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher97
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah. My birthday's less than a week away, but that's irrelevant. I'm pretty smart for my age, and not just in school. I'd say 90% of kids my age are rather immature.

By the way everybody, my username is based off of the Marvel comics character Punisher. His current series is awesome.

I turned 16 at the end of December, surprised to see someone around my age here. I'd agree that most people this age are immature, it get's annoying to always have to be viewed as apart of the age group, but I guess it's something we have to deal with. Enjoy your stay!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome
You're very eloquent for your age. Or just really paid attention in school

I'm a non denominational agnostic pantheistic buddist pagan.
I think that makes me saved all around

On the plus side, the big guy upstairs has a decent sense of humour.
As long as one is respectful.....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
HEY! I have kids your age. Wouldn't you agree kids are over rated?
I mean if you were a parent and had to spend almost all you money on your kids? A 'little" too much "love" for return on investment? And my kids can have all my earned money. It's theirs.

Never mind the religious choice. Nobel gesture to god. Pick one God. I like THAT one.

I didn't mean YOUR over rated.

Oh.... Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Hi. I don't really expect to find many people our age around here. Most people I know deny all conspiracies besides the JFK shooting.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I have finally interpreted Jesus's teachings on lust to be denouncing favoritism as a whole.

Lust, just by it's existence, is natural and within marriage and love can be quite a bit of fun. Are you sure you understood Jesus' teachings based upon experience?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I suppose my interpretation isn't based on experience as much as observing. These are the verses that I got my interpretation from.

Matthew 28-29
"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

I think that this is referring to all favoritism, although especially sexually. A person shouldn't show favor towards somebody because of their looks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yes, look upon a strange woman, but when you look upon your wife it's a whole different situation.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS for being only 15 (almost 16) your writing skills seem superior to many older members.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Well, I probably won't be experiencing that anytime soon, if at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You may experience deep real love and this is what's it's all about. The formal marriage ceremony is what you make of it.
edit on 5-2-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join