It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dazzling new Comet Ison C/2012 s1 footage!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They have said it may well be bright enough to be visible in day light too.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

at first i was like damn this guy has some damn good eq, look how good he tracks it, then i read hot off the presses from nasa lol

it looks tiny , how far away is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Oh come on!

That video is a conspiracy that is obviously "aimed" at ridding the world of the very graphic spaceship that's equipped with a gun-fu grip style gun in the spaceships nose from the Atari game "Asteroids"!

Comet Ison footage -haha. What's next? Space Invaders? PONG???

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Yeah, blurry dot, could be anything. Probably space junk / something on the lens / CGI / swamp gas. Next!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens

Yeah, blurry dot, could be anything. Probably space junk / something on the lens / CGI / swamp gas. Next!

Uh, OK whatever.

It is remarkable, actual evidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wow, what a beauty. as much material is coming off this comet, orbiting through this debri would be like driving your car through a rain storm

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

at first i was like damn this guy has some damn good eq, look how good he tracks it, then i read hot off the presses from nasa lol

it looks tiny , how far away is it?

Coming attractions: Deep Impact probe tracks 'Comet of the Century'

The pictures were taken by Deep Impact's Medium-Resolution Imager over a 36-hour period on Jan. 17 and 18, when the spacecraft was 493 million miles (793 million kilometers) from the comet, and roughly 185 million miles (300 million kilometers, or 2 AU) from Earth.....

.........It's coming in from the icy outskirts of the solar system, known as the Oort Cloud, and is still more than 474 million miles (763 million kilometers) from the sun. Nevertheless, the sun's warmth has already kicked up a cometary tail, extending more than 40,000 miles (64,000 kilometers) from ISON's nucleus.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Post lacking:
Can you provide the link from NASA? Also, it would be more interesting if you provide more info on the comet, many people don't know about this...believe it or not. Just a video with a guy talking gives no real insight on just how amazing this comet really is!
Thanks.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Staroth because: more cow bell!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
what's with the blemishes/streaks on the footage? Isn't it digital?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Check out ATS member ngchunter's thread-he's made a timelapse of Ison,and its well worth a look:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't wait for this to get near,got my scope and cameras ready to go,I remember Halley's comet being spectacular-but Ison may even trump that.

Once in a lifetime stuff folks.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
what's with the blemishes/streaks on the footage? Isn't it digital?

Thats light distortions/abberation I believe-its due to the distance,and the amounts of light varying on each frame of the video.
You get similar distortions when you look through a telescope,sometimes making planets seem to have a heat haze type shimmer to them.

edit on 6/2/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The public has a great misconception about comets that this video unwittingly reinforces because it is a time-lapse video obviously taken over several hours if not days.

Comets move fast alright, but when they are out in the area of the other planets, that speed is totally inperceptible to the human eye.

Usually motion is detected after a day has passed from the first sighting. On a close comet, a scientists with an incremently graduated eyepiece may detect a slight motion within a couple of hours.

In short, anything noticed by the naked eye to be moving in the sky is not a comet. I add this because some reports of bright objects seen in near-earth skies are frequently referred to as maybe a "comet" or a UFO. A UFO it may well be, but never a comet for the reason given.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Aliensun because: Clarifying that the video is time-lapsed not real time.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Why blue?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I well remember the magnificant show put on by Hale Bop in April of 1995 and again that November on its trip out. It was very easy to spot with the naked eye. I remember Hallys but that one was not so visible as Hale Bop. My Grandmother saw Hallys when she was a young woman. It has a 75 year cycle I think. Hale Bop I believe is a two thousand year cycle.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Dont worry we wont be in its path or in its tail. It will be close though and I look forward to seeing it. Did you see Hale Bop in 95 ?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Hallys was not as visable as Hale Bop in 95. Do you remember that one. For some this is a twice in a lifetime as Hale Bop was very bright and visable to the naked eye in April of 95 and again in November that same year. The November showing was the better of the two showings. I saw it every night for weeks on end and I missed it when it was gone.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So NASA have a video of this comet freely available on the web, but he decided to make a video of a video?

ooooohkay.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

Post lacking:
Can you provide the link from NASA? Also, it would be more interesting if you provide more info on the comet, many people don't know about this...believe it or not. Just a video with a guy talking gives no real insight on just how amazing this comet really is!
Thanks.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Staroth because: more cow bell!

Working on it as we speak!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000

So NASA have a video of this comet freely available on the web, but he decided to make a video of a video?

ooooohkay.

I took Nasa's video. Zoomed it in. Adjusted color, contrast, brightness and gamma.

Let's see you do that, junior.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

humans are so great, it amazes me how much we can suck.

those distances are just wtf omg haha
edit on 10-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join