It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God being bombarded with prayers from republicans and democrats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm sure they're all praying. Especially the republicans. I can hear them now as they beat their breast:
"Please Lord, Bush has to win!"
And the democarats are singing too:
"Please Lord, Kerry has to win!"
But which one will God pick? Do their prayers really get heard? Both sides are praying with the same earnest enthusiasm and sincerity, and both sides truly believe their side is right. But the truth is, neither candidate is would be able to hold his head up high in front of Christ. God must really be scratching his head on how to resolve all those thousands of prayers coming in... more every day!

I'm sure those that prayed for the Red Sox to win are especially enthusiastic: "Our prayers truly have been heard!! Now, on to the election!"

But is the election a high priority for God?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Do people really pray to a surpreme being for such petty things? Baseball games and politicians??? Seems like a waste of a prayer if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's sad but republican christians are doing it in their churches across this great nation!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't think God could get 'bombarded' really, and think Jonna is on target with God not having interest in intervening on elections and sports. As far as the churches go, the government is not allowed to tell them one way or another on how to vote & gets regular visits to ensure they don't.

new topics

top topics

join