It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria police arrest 10-year-old for bringing toy gun to school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The country has officially gone to hell.. This kid wasnt just suspended like all the others, he was actually arrested and charged with brandishing a firearm.
A toy plastic gun with an orange tip, a firearm?
The DA should throw this out before it even gets to his desk

A 10-year-old Alexandria boy who brought a toy gun to school on Tuesday has been charged. The boy, whose name is not being released, was charged as a juvenile with brandishing a weapon, police said.

Freakin alarmist psychos.

BS

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, with these pink guns floating around who knows whats real and whats not these days.

But in saying that, arresting a 10 year old because of it is ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My god! HAHAHA too funny. This is what they get for starting war all the time, monkey see monkey do!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well because of the stupid laws, this poor kid has a felony on his record
Thank you morons who make our laws!!!!!
And a special THANK YOU GOES TO ALL THE MORONS THAT VOTED THEM IN!!!!
edit on 2/5/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am afraid I am going to get arrested for playing Call of Duty, I have shot so many people... I wave my guns at them and shoot, I even sit in a hot tub a shoot them too-madness.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

When the cops saw the gun and saw that it was plastic and had a big orange plastic plug stuck in the barrel, that shouldve been a tell tale sign.
I dont believe the charge of brandishing a firearm will stick, since its not a firearm!
That cop must be so proud of him self.

link   
I want to see the lawsuit crap storm that will take place soon for arresting a minor under false charges.
Dumbass cops.

link   
We need a thread compounding all these stories
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is like the 6th kid this week, this is worse because the other story
kid just got suspended... This one is being charged!!!! I can't see a DA
really dragging it on to a conviction, that would really be absurd..
The arresting bodies should of not let it of gotten this far.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It's all part of conditioning our youth folks! Think about it, a child goes thru God knows what over having a toy gun! Imagine what they will think when they see a real one???

Look at how gun owners are now being painted by the MSM. Imagine when the time comes, IF it comes, that these children whom have been abused by the current scare tactics, become adults. How easy will it be for them to be disarmed totally and support it due to what is happening to them now???
edit on 5-2-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Brandishing a firearm is a misdemeanor offense.
And since he's only been charged and arrested, so far there is nothing on his record. If the parents are smart they are already talking to a lawyer for an enormous lawsuit. Hopefully they bankrupt the cops. Why? Because any policing organization that would do this does not deserve to exist.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
From the article...

The boy was taken into custody and was transported to a juvenile detention center. No one was injured during the incident.

Thank God...!

10 year olds with toys can be quite violent, as we've been conditioned to believe!

He neglected to mention that the weapon was fake, Alexandria police spokeswoman Ashley Hildebrandt said.

Wow...Ignorance of the law, is NO excuse, I've been told. Next we'll be charging 2 year olds who remove their soiled diapers and frolic through the laundromat, with indecent exposure!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Thank God...! 10 year olds with toys can be quite violent, as we've been conditioned to believe!

That bad kid is just lucky they didnt taze him or slam him to the ground with a knee in the back, while yelling "stop resisting"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a source with more information.

Source

Police department spokesman Jody Donaldson described the replica weapon as a silver handgun with a black handle and orange tip.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow, what an absurd charge. I'm wondering if he was released on bond? "Brandishing a weapon." Am I the only one who thinks that's a very vaguely worded law, excuse me not law, but statute? He does have the right to bear arms according to the constitution or what's left of it. What exactly construes a weapon? The kid has hands, teeth, feet, biological fluids, speech, perhaps bubble gum, rubber bands, god knows what else... I seriously hope this child's parents sues the school and police department. What's next high capacity super soakers must be modified to hold no more than seven ounces of fluoridated water only?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can do nothing but shake my head here......
I am glad I am not growing up this this increasingly absurd world. Poor frikken kids, having to put up with the insanity of the stupid adults in charge.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So when do the laws requiring a permit to carry a toy gun get written? I can see this surfacing in a congress near you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's what happened. The parents of the child are so against gun rights activists that they left their gun out so that the kid would grab it and take it to school. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plant the gun on the kid.

That's how dumb people are. They are so afraid of being on the wrong side of the fence they'd put their own children in danger. Which was prophesied in the Book of Enoch.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As usual, people jump to conclusions before knowing all the facts. NOVA had serious gang issues until recently. Gangs like MS13,SSL and SUR13. That area was one of them.
They got a 800K loan and devloped a serious anti-gang policy to get it under control.
Because of the zero tolerance policy, they were making an example of this boy for bringing a gun to the school.

Do I think he should be expelled and charged? No.

But after your area has been rife with serious gang activity, you would develop a zero tolerance policy too.

If this was the mid west or Boise, Idaho. Yes, you would have a point. But it isn't.

edit on 5-2-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Here's a source with more information.

Source

Police department spokesman Jody Donaldson described the replica weapon as a silver handgun with a black handle and orange tip.

Might be a type of airsoft gun..

If it matters at all this looks almost identical, still a toy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

least it will only be on the kids Juvenile record but still ludicrous that they are arresting ten year olds now political correctness run amok

top topics

<<   2 >>

join