Tel-Aviv: Workers Paint a Legal Parking Space as Handicapped and Tows the Car Already Parked.

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Article: www.jpost.com...

Security camera footage from a store above the parking spot on Yehuda Halevi Street shows the car parked at a legal blue parking spot, before city workers arrive and paint a handicapped spot around the car, which is towed shortly thereafter. The video was obtained by the owner of the car, Hila Ben-Baruch, from the surveillance camera of the store above the parking spot.

In response to the incident, the Tel Aviv Municipality stated, “This was a severe mistake and a case of incompetence that the city of Tel Aviv does not accept - We apologize for the distress caused by the incident and we are examining the case so that such incidents do not happen again in the future.

Okay, so I realize this happened in Tel-Aviv but I am wondering how often this or other under-handed deeds are taking place around the world in order to make money for the establishment. Basically, a woman parked her car in a clearly marked spot(free to park). Workers came along and altered the parking spot to handicapped (working around her car) then had it towed with a fine of about $350 for the illegal parking and the tow.

Supposedly a sign was put up but the painting was not done for 3 weeks, according to the Municipality but that begs to be questioned. Obviously it takes less time to paint the spot that to put up the sign and maybe the painters were backed up in work but to do it with a car parked there much less not allowing her to move it is just plain underhanded, IMO.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

If this counts as a "mistake" I'd love to see exactly what they classify as "deliberate abuse of power."

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How efficient...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
By way of deceit thou shalt make money.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I suppose they thought it a good wheeze at the time, pathetic. I don't even get the logic of signposting in advance, what good is that?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

and no ticket/tow/impound for those motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

you can clearly see when the car is towed that there is a curb that they are all parked on the pedestrian walkway.

new topics

top topics

join