It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and "The Treaty Of Conduct On South China Sea"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have seen all the talk about the disputes over islands in the South China Sea.Why are people worried?In 2002 China sign a agreement with Association of Southeast-Asian Nations (ASEAN) that agreed upon conduct durning any disputes.Term 4 should set everyones mind at ease.

4. The Parties concerned undertake to resolve their territorial and jurisdictional disputes by peaceful means, without resorting to the threat or use of force, through friendly consultations and negotiations by sovereign states directly concerned, in accordance with universally recognized principles of international law, including the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea

We all know China is a peaceful loving country,that would never go back on it,s word.They have no aim's to minerals that could not be obtained through peaceful negotiations. ///end sarcasm

To my point how many of you have heard of this treaty?Why hasn't anyone implemented it?I do know that China now doesn't like the terms.But of course they didn't know how much oil was there when they signed it.

www.eppo.go.th...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

edit on 8-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

www.disclose.tv... nitoring_of_Facebook_and_other_social_networks/90134www.disclose.tv...

new topics

join