learn more

7-year-old playing an imaginary game at school gets suspended for real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I was just thinking maybe this will end all wars, hang with me while I explain.

Think about it, children are going to grow up being so afraid of guns, violence, hurting others, with all the rules being enforced, all the kids be reprimanded for even implying violence. You are going to have a population so adverse to weapons of all kind, kinds who think the metal on a gun will burn you because they are evil.

I am one of artistic talent, born to artistic parents. Ive always loved Swords, Medieval weaponry, Fantasy and Sci-Fi space ships and weapons. Ive played PC and video games all my life, ive played make believe wars through my childhood with my He-Man and Gi-Joe action figures and watched countless movies with death and violence of all levels in it.

I make mods and models in my spare time these days for PC games. I imagine, draw up and create uncountable horrors of war, terror and sorcery...

But im a pacifist, I dont like and care nothing for guns and if a world war broke out tomorrow id refuse conscription and consign myself to a firing squad instead so I can face what ever lays beyond with a clear conscience of never having killed a fellow human. Heck if a person holds a knife near me cutting vegetables or meat i get quite nervy, even when I do so myself Im not completely happy about it. And real violence is something I dont like and would happily see the end of but not at the expense of a persons creativity or imagination... one can imagine the unspeakable, but it doesn't mean that that person will do or like such things because of it.

But hey I'll be honest I can be protective, and given a few specific situation I would have to use violence to protect a loved one or someone being harmed but that's my limit and I certainly wouldn't attempt to kill anyone in those situations.

Whats better, someone who knows no evil and is totally ignorant of such things... or someone that knows evil and recognizes it but would never chooses to enact upon it.
edit on 5-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
On the day he's suspended, the parent needs to take a sick day from work and spend the entire day with him. Take him to a movie, play games with him, do things he enjoys doing.

Better yet, if they live anywhere near a military base, see if they can take a tour. Or play laser tag or video games or something that involves the proper use of "tools" that a soldier is supposed to use while helping to protect civilians.

Keep instilling the hero tendencies in him, we'll be thankful some day.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love this in one way. The kids that go thru this Insanity will so fast understand how screwed up the teachers that are teaching them are and learn a life lesson early to not conform to idiot small minded thinking just because an older person thinks something is right.

They are learning one of the biggest lesson they can. Just because a person is older do not mean they have any brains/wisdom at all and just because authority thinks something is right does not make it so. You might as well replace these teachers with a talking parrot that is programmed to spew information at the children.

Any teacher who conform to this should from my point of view not be allowed to teach at all since they are to easily manipulated to do anything they are told
edit on 5-2-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

What an interesting article. Children on this planet are exposed to war via television, video games, newspapers and books. Children will no doubt hear adults talking about war.

A child is playing and is utilising the information he has garnered from the world around him - and - he is punished. Have we reached the stage where everyone in a position of authority has no ability to use their cognitive functions and think?!

The teachers at that school must be so asleep as to be comatose not to be able to see the situation for what it is. Okay so they have school rules but that does not mean they have to stop thinking and using their senses!!!

I really wish a global trigger would hurry up and wake up a large number of sleepers - for the sake, safety and sanity of the Children.

Much Peace...heaven knows we could use some...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I was just thinking maybe this will end all wars, hang with me while I explain.

Think about it, children are going to grow up being so afraid of guns, violence, hurting others, with all the rules being enforced, all the kids be reprimanded for even implying violence. You are going to have a population so adverse to weapons of all kind, kinds who think the metal on a gun will burn you because they are evil.

So in turn at a young age all kids become afraid of guns, violence, and dance around the issues. Will these kids not be willing to take up arms to rescue resources in the name of democracy? Will they be so against guns, will military enrollment slowly peter out due to peoples views of the weapons to be uptaken? Will we effectivly create a docile society or will perscription drugs keep us par for the course.

Just some outloud thinking to discuss with the masses

What do you think will it change the children of tomorrow, the laws and rules we pass today, for the better or for the worse????

SaneThinking

Quoted for truth. The generations in school now are being raised to be Stepford Citizens, to not act, to not questions authority.

Little, useful automatons to do the overlords' bidding. Yes, plural possessive.

Derek

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

7-year-old playing an imaginary game at school gets suspended for real

kdvr.com

He was playing a game during recess at Loveland’s Mary Blair Elementary School and threw an imaginary grenade into a box with pretend evil forces inside.

“I pretended the box, there’s something shaking in it, and I go ‘pshhh.’”

The boy didn’t throw anything real or make any threats against anyone. He explains he was pretending to be the hero. “So nothing can get out and destroy the world.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

That's pathetic.

I just got back from the park, where I took all my cousins to play. After teaching my two five year old cousins how to shoot a bb gun, we all played pretend "war."

We had fun.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There needs to be legislation to give tax breaks for home /private schooling. Public schools are a complete joke. They are destroying America's future. The mass murders we see today are a result of our public education system through their pitiful [policies. Their never ending cries of ADHD for the last 20 years.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Or's Well That's Orwell

The school lists “absolutes” designed to keep a safe environment.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi

This isn't education. It's totalitarianism.

Now would be a suitable time for the good people of Loveland, Colorado to discuss the subject of sensible policy oversight with the school board.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Principal Skinner:

I have caught word that a child is using his imagination, and I’ve come to put a stop to it.

Principal Skinner:

That’s two independent though alarms in one day! Willie, the children are over-stimulated. Remove all the col o r e d chalk from the classrooms.

Young boys play such games in every country throughout the world - Its not an American phenomenon - and it is not a problem.

These measures are just plain silly.

edit on 5-2-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Moral of the story: if you send your kids to PUBLIC SCHOOL....... youre a PUBLIC FOOL. Ha. I rhymed

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I didnt give my boys guns to play with and yet they came home filthy after crawling around the swamp on their bellies playing "Vietman" when they were kids. Its true. Even their underwear had mud on them. LOL. Sticks made great guns. Pinecones made great hand grenades. When I was a kid we threw dirt bombs at each other. (thats dried mud balls) I still have a scar where my brother stabbed me with a sword made from a rusty piece of fencing. En Guard......Touche' ( and a tetnus shot to boot)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Crap like this has gone on forever, and gets worse as time goes on. I remember when i was like 8, and transformers the animated movie came out. Like ten of us on the playground would get together and pretend to be autobots and decepticons and fly around shooting at each other, and trees, and cars and whatever else we could blow up in our imaginations. When the playground staff caught on to us we all got in trouble and had to sit out from recess for like a week. Its sad, almost 27 years later kids are getting in serious trouble for having great imaginations, and pretending to be heros. Teachers need to observe the acts more closely, and not jump on kids for being kids. And their the ones who are supposed to be educated, watching our children.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have some very mixed feelings about zero tolerance policies. On the one hand, they make sense and protect the school from liability. On the other, dumb crap like this happens. I get from a legal standpoint how these policies make sense. It would be almost impossible to draw the correct line when dealing with a kid that brings a toy gun. It's easier for everyone if things resembling weapons are just not brought into the environment, and frankly they don't need to be. Yeah I think it's ridiculous that kids can't play with Army men anymore and despise our sue happy culture.

Now all that being said, I really believe this incident crosses the line, especially considering the age of the child. Instead of outright punishment I believe there should have been a sit down (at the very most) with the parents a teacher and the child.

I would go on about it being different when I was younger, but that's the problem, things ARE different now.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Boys will make weapons out of anything. Literally.

My six year old made a "laser-gun" out of toothpicks.

He's also picked up the cat and used it to shoot the bad guys. Cat didn't seem to mind too much.

It's just what boys do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I have some very mixed feelings about zero tolerance policies. On the one hand, they make sense and protect the school from liability. On the other, dumb crap like this happens. I get from a legal standpoint how these policies make sense. It would be almost impossible to draw the correct line when dealing with a kid that brings a toy gun. It's easier for everyone if things resembling weapons are just not brought into the environment, and frankly they don't need to be. Yeah I think it's ridiculous that kids can't play with Army men anymore and despise our sue happy culture.

Now all that being said, I really believe this incident crosses the line, especially considering the age of the child. Instead of outright punishment I believe there should have been a sit down (at the very most) with the parents a teacher and the child.

I would go on about it being different when I was younger, but that's the problem, things ARE different now.

I agree about the liability issue.

The way I see it, these incidents should never be brought to the attention of the administration. The teacher can, and should, handle it as the minor problem that it is.

I only report kids who make threats to kill people (extremely rare).

Teachers should be encouraged to use their own judgement. Problem is, teachers are afraid to do so out of fear of either losing their jobs.

I'm really starting to hate my job. Bah.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My six year old made a "laser-gun" out of toothpicks.

He's also picked up the cat and used it to shoot the bad guys

L-A-S-E-R CATS?

edit on 5-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Saw more on this on the news tonight. The boy and his friends were playing Halo. They had supposedly been warned several times about pretending to be using "weapons."

You know...it's funny....I grew up during the Cold War. I used to play "Army" with some of the neighborhood boys, pretending we were shooting the Russians (ironic, now that I am older, if you truly knew me IRL). I can only imagine how outraged our parents and society would have been during that era had some school suspended young children for pretending to "take out" America's deadliest enemy as a soldier.

Where are those people now????
edit on 5-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

This will stand true for the Yank kids. The overpowering weak "leaders" / "Educators" will ensure that the children nowadays can't stand up for themselves. There will be no future US Army because everyone will be s**t scared...

Whilst over in suicide raghead land they'll just breed more sui-bombers and f**k your country up good and proper.

They'll replace your black president with a not so black dictator that'll probably have Achmed Balalalalalalauha somewhere in his name lol

~ CrzayFool

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
that's awful and scary

my 7 year old idolizes the hulk and hulks out at recess all the time

guess I don't have to wonder how he'll get in trouble

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

What a way to live... In fear!

You should be able to say and do what you like when you like... If people choose to get scared, jump to conclusions and take offence... well that is their problem is it not? I don't expect ANYONE at all, ever to change the way they live their life just to suit me. I deal with it! so why can't you (not you specifically, just people in general).

You could stand in a room with me with an erection or a gun... I would not be offended.

The western world is getting softer and softer whilst the eastern world is becoming more brutal.
If we look to the natural world who usually wins the fight? The one that runs in fear or the one that uses attacking as a form of defense.

This whole god forsaken hurtling rock needs to man up! or the weak people who make up rules because they are SCARED will take over and everyone and everything will be censored and suppressed. People will go to prison for s**t like this.

~ CrzayFool

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join