Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If you were powerful/happy, how would you feel? The answer may not be what you think (look deeper)..

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Most people would say "if I had power, I would change this, and this, and this, and that" but that mentality does NOT come from a state of power. That mentality comes from a state of powerLESSness. If you had power, there would be no feeling that things aren't "right" and needs to be "changed" because everything would already be DONE. There would be no need at all for effort. All there would be is relaxation as everything was taken care of.

So, if you want to experience how things would be if you had unlimited power, it is as simple as feeling ease about life.

Most people who say they "WANT to be happy" are already contradicting themselves with their thinking. If you were already happy, then there would be no need to seek joy. There would be no need to "crave" excitement. If the happiness was here already, you would feel content, satisfied, and most importantly, your thoughts would be based on APPRECIATION as all that you have wanted would ALREADY be here. There would not be a hedonism to "Crave pleasure/happiness", since that would already be fulfilled, so instead you would revel in the appreciation OF the happiness/joy.

So the feeling of "Power" is really "Ease", and the feeling of "joy" is really "appreciation".

So, with this knowledge, now it is possible to change focus (way of thinking) to match the type of person (mind-set) that you would be if you already had what you've desired, and by practicing this maybe you will see things not noticeable before.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It's all a state of mind.

Our thoughts and beliefs are so strong that whatever we're dealing with in our own life and surroundings,we can influence it(Law of Attraction).
Our mental state is like a magnet. It creates an attraction and helps us change our life. Our actions are nothing but the result of what we really think,
It is like like attracts like..Love energy invites love as it also means. So our state of mind as emitted is capable of naturally attracting matters according to the quality implemented.

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would not be happy just because i had power. If i had absolute power and yet children were still being murdered by their parents i would not be happy with myself or the world. The NEEDLESS suffering and deaths of others hurts me.

Happiness would come from the postive effects my power has on the world, not simply because i have power.

Its seems you fail to understand the nature of empathy, because it makes all your recent threads meaningless.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I did not say in the Original Post that power will make you happy, nor did I mention anything about caring or not caring about anyone by mentioning these two concepts...
edit on 5-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Our human bodies are vessels of power charged with energy. Our ability to exercise power is based on how much personal power the imdivdiual has stores. Imagine you are a flashlight and your energy goes down then the light dims. The light is Joy. See!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When your happiness relies on the experiences of others ALL of those things are insperable.

Having empathy for others implies ALL of those things.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Double post lagg
edit on 5-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
When your happiness relies on the experiences of others ALL of those things are insperable.

Having empathy for others implies ALL of those things.

I think you are getting off point. The point was, if you were happy you wouldn't need to seek it, you would be in a state of appreciation enjoying the things that made you happy. So the person you would be IF you were happy, you can choose to be now by focusing on appreciation more and more if that is what you desire.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If i was content and happy then that would mean EVERYONE ELSE is on a good path and needless suffering and death no longer exists.

Your example of just imagining that everything is fixed is only possible in a non-existant reality. When that reality exists, which is nearly impossible, then and only then will i be content and happy.

It doesnt depend on my mind, it depends on the minds of others.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well, then you have set it up in a way that you will (probably) never be happy.

Just because people are suffering that does not mean that you can't be happy. Compassion has nothing to do with your ABILITY to be happy, it is just helping those who are suffering. You can help the suffering and still be happy, unless you are letting your focus dwell on all of the suffering in the world. You don't have to dwell on suffering all the time in order to help people.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are right in saying that i have possibly cursed myself to suffer for an eternity. Compassion doesnt, but empathy does.

I will dwel upon all suffering thoughout the universe and seek to prevent it in futility, but to me anything else IS DEATH INCARNATE.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What makes you the expert on happiness? Maybe the stuff that makes you happy would make me miserable. Don't assume you know so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Being happy can be a useful tool to inspire happiness in others.

Cheer up a bit.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not an expert and I didn't claim to be. I am simply sharing an observation that those who wish to seek happiness seem to have it less and those who ARE happy seem to appreciation rather than feeling a "lack" to seek happiness.
edit on 5-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I fake it all the time.

I will give people what ever they need.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Power just means having real-world authority over other people. You cannot 'have ease' over other people, whatever that would mean. Boy, would they take advantage of you.

Now, in your thread title, you included the word happiness along with powerful. Naturally then, I would feel happy.
Leave out happiness and I would state that power tends to come with depression or corruption. I wouldn't want to change things for the better if I were to suddenly be omnipotent. I like to think I would, but I know realistically that it would be the other way around. It brings out the worst in you, you see...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's like saying sports make people less hungry because a few people like to watch football while eating a sandwich.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's not an accurate comparison. It would be more like saying those who eat are satisfied (full) and those who do not are still craving, so the fulfillment of eating results in satisfaction of hunger (fullness).

reply to post by EllaMarina

Those with true power do not need to use effort. It is the weak that must use effort. Therefore if you have to result to controlling others to fulfill your desires you are not as powerful as you believe yourself to be. If you were powerful the situation will unfold with ease.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I believe that knowledge is power. And if knowledge IS "true power" then it is something that we should all seek. The only important thing to consider is how we use said knowledge(creation or destruction). Although for some strange reason it seems that too much of anything is never good(even knowledge?).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What does it mean to be "happy"? Is "happiness" what we're really searching for? Or, is what we really want, called: "JOY"? The same case can be made with the word "love". "What is the MEANING of love"? What does it MEAN to "love"? People are "unhappy" because they are confused. They've dedicated their lives to material stuff that makes them happy, for the moment, because they believe that's what happiness is. Happiness is not in the accumulation of things...but in the distribution of those things. When you "love" your neighbor, you give to that neighbor. It's better to give than to receive. We are being taught the opposite of that which our heart truly desires.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As usual, there are fragments of truth in all perspectives.

synthesizing the arguments in the thread:

mental "power" takes precedent over external circumstances as far as the subjective experience of the individual is concerned. one is able to cultivate the supreme awareness needed to have complete control over their individual energy field if they so desire. IMO this is what the "awakened" individual should logically strive for...it's the only way to proceed forth...

paradoxically, the chaotic uncertainty of the objective world means that the power of the individual has to account for and exist alongside the pull of the collective...

which means that true jedis have to perform a perfect balancing act, basically fusing their subjective universe with the objective in such a way that we remain energetically sovereign but simultaneously acknowledge and account for the events set in motion by other seperate-willed entities, whose psychic projections are influencing our experience whether we want them to or not.

join