It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament votes to allow gay marriage in church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Gay marriage should be legalized in every part of the world.

Your cultural values do not supersede the cultural values of everyone else in the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Britain does not have a separation of church and state as one of its core values, should or shouldn't doesn't come in to it.

Yes it should come down to it. I do not want to live in a country run on superstition and witch craft and some pompous monarchy. The church is a dead dinosaur we live in a multicultural country and should be proud of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

i dont stare, i move fast enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That's absolutely fine, but it's a completely different argument.

"should politicians be allowed to have a say on the church?" is a completely different question to "should politicians legalise gay marriage?"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

"should politicians be allowed to have a say on the church?" is a completely different question to "should politicians legalise gay marriage?"

I think the answer to both the above is yes. The church as an entity exists within the UK and falls under UK law. The victimization of gay people by the church is outdated and disgusting and should be outlawed.

I can understand that the church might have a problem with this. But really they should not worry if there is anything wrong with gay marriage I am sure GOD will sort it out on an individual basis when Gay married people die.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I think the answer to both the above is yes.

You have literally just said the exact opposite in the post above that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Thank you for your reply how do you think I have said the opposite in my two statements...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Initially, I said the church and state are not separated in this country.

Britain does not have a separation of church and state as one of its core values

You then replied by saying that the church and state should be separated in this country.

Yes it should come down to it. I do not want to live in a country run on superstition and witch craft and some pompous monarchy.

I then said that the issue of this thread is not whether the church and state should be separated, rather, whether should gay marriage be legalised.

You then replied that the church should not be separated from the state in this country by saying yes to my question "should politicians be allowed to have a say on the church?"

I think the answer to both the above is yes.

Either the church is distinct from the state, or it is not. You cannot cherry pick when it is and when it isn't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join