It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by ntech
I think it might be a goose of some kind myself. The UFO is close and small. And the plane they are in is going 300-400 mph in the other direction. A goose would shoot past like that.

Too true, same as a seagull flying past a cabin window of say, a hydrofoil in the opposite direction, that'll just about catch your eye, but it is all relative. Geese don't fly at the heights depicted here, and this Goosey would need a closing speed at least equal to the airliner speed, say 1000 mph combined, and that's conservative. So that Goosey would be well cooked then, however I don't think you would hear Goosey flying by in an aircraft cabin.
edit on 6-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Actually there are records of high flying birds.
Link

Yet long-distance aviators that traverse oceans or mountains regularly reach altitudes of 20,000 feet. Sightings from planes and radar reveal that these birds, like bar-tailed godwits that fly from Alaska to New Zealand, can get close to such heights. Over the Atlantic, a pilot spotted whooper swans at 27,000 feet. Bar-headed geese rise to 30,000 feet, passing over Mount Everest and the Himalayan Mountains on their way from the Tibetan plateau to their wintering grounds in India. The highest honors go to a Ruppell’s griffon vulture. Alas, while cruising over the Ivory Coast at an altitude of 37,900 feet in 1975, this poor soul was sucked into a jet engine. That’s one high and mighty trip.

I still think he just saw a high flying goose. Possibly catching a tailwind from the jet stream.

A high flying Goose would be very singular, as any high flying is usually in migration, and a skein is a necessity.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just saw this clip and wondered if this was a disk, saucer or legit object following a USAF c-17 off Pacific coast....

www.examiner.com...

On first impressions it looks to be being dragged by the aircraft however around 55-57 secs its position drastically changes......

An object this size could be what we are looking at in the original video posted on page 1....?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
So, put some relative math to what would be an explainable scenario.

Suppose we think the other object may be a lear jet.

C is out of the question, since the size of the Lear would be much larger, however something between A and B
is possible. It seems to me there are 11 to 12 frames shown, which would put the viewport at around 700 to 800 ft.

Substitute the Lear for something much smaller, perhaps....

This is just hypothetical to see what might come out of this.

Note: the 50% speed reduced view that was shown; whatever process was used subtracted frames. The original is the only useful data.

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: added content

Sorry, I missed your post. Anyway, you think possibly a military jet? I was thinking a Lear at a bit higher altitude, but not much, since there is engine noise heard. We don't know much about the camera either, shutter speed and so on, although I think it says 20fps on the video data. Scratch that, it says 30fps.
edit on 7-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Since not quite everyone is convinced this is a hoax, I made another animation in an attempt to match up the frames in question to show that the 50% speed version doesn't even start until after the UFO has exited stage left in the original version.

At the top is the original and at bottom is the 50% speed.

This proves that either the original version or the slowed down version was faked... likely both.

Why the hoaxer chose to do it this way... I have no idea.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Minimum speed above urban areas 50000 Kph

there is another vid on tube that accidentaly records 2 high speed "Birds".

What if they take advantage of our poor visionairy abilities.....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

The plane with the contrail isn't the item in question, it's the blip that flashes by in the same direction, between the two planes. I'm willing to bet that it was simply a military jet, possibly an F-22. The closing speed of both aircraft would likely be close to mach 2.

Nothing to see here, next please

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by scottromansky

just playing devils advocate,
you would not hear a sonic boom if it had already gone passed the speed of sound earlier and was cruising, the sonic boom is audible at the time the sound barrier is broken, not a constant boom.

Well, whatever that craft was, alien or not...maybe that's what is causing all these sonic booms that have been reported over the past two months.

Mysterious booms and light flashes across the U.S.

Viewer emails Earthfiles.org about over 30 different regions reporting booms

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Zarni, I would'nth even bother anymore at this point, current posters coming on now aren't reading any of the past posts and are throwing out first impressions again...back to square one.

Case closed folks.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by charlyv
So, put some relative math to what would be an explainable scenario.

Suppose we think the other object may be a lear jet.

C is out of the question, since the size of the Lear would be much larger, however something between A and B
is possible. It seems to me there are 11 to 12 frames shown, which would put the viewport at around 700 to 800 ft.

Substitute the Lear for something much smaller, perhaps....

This is just hypothetical to see what might come out of this.

Note: the 50% speed reduced view that was shown; whatever process was used subtracted frames. The original is the only useful data.

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 6-2-2013 by charlyv because: added content

Sorry, I missed your post. Anyway, you think possibly a military jet? I was thinking a Lear at a bit higher altitude, but not much, since there is engine noise heard. We don't know much about the camera either, shutter speed and so on, although I think it says 20fps on the video data. Scratch that, it says 30fps.
edit on 7-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

I was just trying to put together a scenario that contained reasonable assumptions given the data, and then see if a conventional explanation would fit within the parameters. I think it does, but certainly, there is a lot of room here given that we have no resolution of the object. Military jet? , perhaps, and there is a high pitched whine of sorts as it passes. I like most everyone's input on this, and it will be fun to explore this thread further.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Since not quite everyone is convinced this is a hoax, I made another animation in an attempt to match up the frames in question to show that the 50% speed version doesn't even start until after the UFO has exited stage left in the original version.

At the top is the original and at bottom is the 50% speed.

This proves that either the original version or the slowed down version was faked... likely both.

Why the hoaxer chose to do it this way... I have no idea.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

Well done, Zarniwoop.

To the Hoax bin with this thread!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by novahcain
...we still got our goverment's and every top official is human they run the system and aliens maintain it without any of them knowing. you might ask how could this be not one human know's about it well i wont get in to this for now...

You're absolutely correct

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
try to think of my theory and now you can see everything makes sense

this is the mother theory and all other theorys the seed to the root and all other theorys branch and twig of this 1 theory

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think there needs to be some investigation work conducted into the legitimacy of the video.There are a number of suspicious things with this video and they start from the very beginning. Why would you send a video recording of a UFO to a relatively small group of UFO enthusiasts and not to a major media outlet? Secondly, we need to identify where exactly this happened in the State of Massachusetts and what air traffic control picked up. I have many more questions but until we can see what air traffic control picked up...or didn't pick up as the case may be I'm sitting on the fence.
edit on 10-2-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

oh haha ok i was like wtf it has contrails.. lol ok well at that small id say it was a seagull ^^ birds can fly pretty damn high and given how small it was it would seem like it was going a million miles an hour.

but ill re look when i get home at work now and most things disabled, i'll blow it up and see if i can see a shape or something because i automatically assumed that was a bird when i was watching for the first time and the thing in background was the ufo, so im still sticking with that as your first hunch is usualy the best. ^^
edit on 10-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferret

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

did you bother to read any of the posts above yours? because they like....did exactly that. several times. paying attention helps man

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love UFO folklore, but these kind of videos don't really do it for me. After thorough investigation into the topic, I'm really only interested in accounts and documents by pilots/government officials. Cool video though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ahyaprobly

There is another option, you could set up your own equipment and take your own data. With at least two cameras you can determine the entire trajectory of anomalous objects and if you have or know somebody with the expertise you can set up your own Passive Radar System, cheaply, to monitor the skies.

With enough research you can rule out natural and man made phenomena and focus in on the phenomena that is truly anomalous.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
First I would try to determine if the video is accurate, meaning could it have been hoaxed? Some basic detective work, may show whether the person was on the plane when he/she said they were. Also, some basic computer investigation may be able to reveal whether the video was altered to display phenomena that isn't there. Furthermore, if you are really computer savvy, you could analyze the video itself using some software to detect if the object could have been inserted into the video.

Second, if proven to not be a hoax, then could it be explained as natural or man made phenomena?

Third, if neither a hoax nor natural nor man made phenomena, then we have something truly anomalous.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join