It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It's shape, size and speed reminds me of that footage of the light taking off from the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem (3:20)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by dsm1664

DSM 1664

I'm not bothered about flags and stars....... i'm no stamp collector BUT thank-you for taking the time to post the video up.....much appreciated...

Re Video :- i'm genuinely curious about this one and just don't buy the condensation angle....

Regards

PDUK

and just don't buy the condensation angle....

nor do i as im sure it would freeze up there well last time i was on a plane
the outside froze up and i never saw any condensation at all

edit on 6/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Cigars are up there, for sure! Whether this is a capture of a real one I don't know. I can't rule it out cos I know they're up there. But that "chain of fake videos" with cigar objects in lends weight to it being a hoax. As for the weather balloon (and do appreciate the above posters input on ATC stuff) I wanted to ask, do commercial pilots check NOTAMS or equivalent before take-off?

For example, we have several weather balloon sites here in the UK, all clearly indicated on NOTAMS but I don't know if commercial airline pilots check or abide by them. I know they're all abiding by the strict rules (the restricted airspace, temporarily restricted airspace etc) but not sure about the weather balloons as they seem to be written as just warnings, and usually covering a week period (ie, there will be a balloon release between 3rd-10th) - does not get much more specific than that.

Is the chance of an airliner flying directly through a weather balloons path a regular occurrence then?

They are supposed to however normally it is only at the Departure and Arrival airports. It would be impossible for a pilot flying say from, Wales to Scotland to check every notam for all the areas he/she would fly over.

Good question!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

There may be a connection as the Dome of the Rock UFO footage was CGI , there's a good chance that the OP video is also CGI .

Dome Of The Rock UFO: Hoaxes Are Easy

edit on 6-2-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add link

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil

It's shape, size and speed reminds me of that footage of the light taking off from the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem (3:20)

You realize there is no way to even remotely determine "its shape, size or speed"?
Not in the slightest!

This is a classic problem with sightings since people assume a shape, size or speed without having ANY base to make such assumptions.

* We don't know the shape. We have a video where the "object" is literally a straight streak. (I examined it frame by frame). The streak is likely result of the speed of the object/plane or from manipulation..we don't KNOW its shape.

* We also dont know the size, of course. The "object" could be very close to the plane, the size of a small balloon or it could be farther away. Do you know? I dont'!

* Same with speed. For what its worth, the object could as well be stationary or just "drift" around lazily in the air Plane goes by and it APPEARS as if its moving fast.

There is nothing (and I mean nothing!) to get out from this video to have an idea what it could be.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
well it COULD be calculated u know.

if we could have the exact speed of the plane

together with the fact that the object only occupies 3 - 3.5 frames of video

a decent approximation of the distance the object was away from the plane

with these three things we can get a good approximation of it's speed for both standing still as well as the object's own velocity.

the closer to the plane's wing, the faster the object would seem.

further away from the wing would make this object amazing

and cgi.. would make this object false LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Looks like CGI to me.

As posted by a fellow member a few pages ago, the uploader has quite a few other videos that also include other videos of "UFOs" zipping by so fast, that we can barely even scrutinize the object, because it just becomes some blurry, elongated object.

To add to that, the titles on the aforementioned videos, include phrases like "best UFO video" and "awesome UFO video", so I'm going with hoax on this one.

As usual, it's probably just another hoax.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Great find ....my guess is maybe debris from the other plane.....

Otherwise....I have no clue...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
frankly i think everyone is losing interest in the whole ufo thing because the points of light videos leave everything up in the air. inconclusive every last one. cannot be proven or disproven. ppl are starting to get bored with seeing the same old thing over and over. at least that's how i feel.

the hoaxers have made it harder for everyone. humans can be so pathetic. creating these hoaxes to make it even harder to find the needle in a haystack. i myself have seen them all and frankly.. it's time for those aliens to land on my front lawn and introduce themselves already. video evidence of all sorts are losing their luster. if there are aliens in our skies.. they need to show themselves. but i understand their possible predicament.

"and now children we are passing the planet earth, it's surface contains about 70% water and is home to a race of primitive beings who fight and kill eachother like a pack of wild dogs as their manner of settling differences. we can go in for a closer look but we'd have to be careful not to be detected. they do not take kindly to strangers"

edit on 6-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
well it COULD be calculated u know.

if we could have the exact speed of the plane

together with the fact that the object only occupies 3 - 3.5 frames of video

a decent approximation of the distance the object was away from the plane

with these three things we can get a good approximation of it's speed for both standing still as well as the object's own velocity.

the closer to the plane's wing, the faster the object would seem.

further away from the wing would make this object amazing

and cgi.. would make this object false LOL

(color emphasis mine)

"a decent approximation of the distance the object was away from the plane" would be the variable here that is too great an unknown to be able to do that calculation with any accuracy.

if it was 30 feet from the plane or 150 feet from the plane, both of those distances would still be considered VERY close to the plane. 150 feet is still very close to the plane, but it is 5 times farther away than 30 feet would be -- and there would be a very big difference in your calculation.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And just to make things clear, I directed my comment toward the uploader of the video, not the creator of this thread or any replies to this thread.

Sorry mods if this is off-topic, just don't want to create any confusion.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Firstly, I don't believe in extraterrestrials, just to make that clear.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Seems odd that a plane flying in the opposite direction appears to be very close to this planes altitude and is also quite close.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

either way.. i think the contrails plane is about as close as is legally allowed for two planes on international flight paths to get. this object passed between them and close enough to make a sound. about 4 different calculations using 100m, 200m, 300m and 400m could reveal a range of phenomenal speeds. or not. we could also narrow it down by increasing the distance until the object could no longer be close enough to disperse sound at that altitutde that would penetrate the cabin whilst still only occupying 3 frames.

we can get estimates.. it's intel.. possible intel.

by my estimate.. the object was moving and not standing still. that object would have to be less than 50~ feet to move past the camera at that speed if it were standing still. but it doesnt seem like it is was that close.
edit on 6-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Its not that odd....When I go on trips I record outside my window and record SEVERAL small videos....it definitely is possible.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's pretty clear to me that there was something that went by, because the kid said whoa! as it flew by, then he said "did u see that?" So he definitely saw the smaller object go by. However, it does not have to be going superfast for it to appear like it was. For one, it was going in the opposite direction as the plane filmed from, and it was much closer to the plane then the other airplane with the contrail. It is NOT condensation, it is clearly an object that is away from the plane at least 75-100 feet or more. However, with the size of the object looking very small, slightly larger than an eagle?, I would have to say either a missile, or drone, or possibly an ET drone also. I do not think it is a flying saucer occupied by ET's. If it is, they are some really small beings, lol. This is also NOT FAKE!! NOT CGI!
Just my opinion though.
Thanx,
wka

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have a buddy that went to school for commercial airline pilot, and he was pretty amazed by it. He said if it got that close he would have been a little nervous or cautious about it. He's a tough guy me I would have freaked and jumped up down in excitement. I'm staying opened minded and hoping that someday if they do exist we will get the chance to meet them! err if they don't eat us

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
From their YT channel, number of videos like the one in the OP supposedly sent to them.

I'm going fake with this one, pardon, all of them.
Such a shame.
edit on 5-2-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Well that's what they say, that they are all contributed as was this one, which is actually better than most of the rest. Like I said before, it is most likely an aircraft at a higher level possibly an executive jet, but still pretty close when you can hear engine whine.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Wrong item in question here...the plane with the condensation trail is not the questionable craft. Watch the video again and you will see a moving item gong from right to left...

It COULD be a bird because is close to the fast moving plane and would APPEAR to be moving fast in the opposite direction...but seems to be a little to fast for that.

As for NOT believing in Extraterrestrials...I'm not even going to explain my PROOF to you ;-)

It has to do with 3 Saturn shaped "UFO's" I saw here in Des Moines Iowa during Comet Hale Bopp......

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One way to see how fast something zips by right outside an airplane window is by comparing it to flying thru clouds. Heres a video that captures that. Watch close for the ones closest to the fuselage. Zing...

shutterstock

Thanks atcgod for the traffic controller perspective.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join