It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by Lonewulph

"Someone could have cgi'd the unknown object into the film that originally only showed the kid reacting to his surprise when the other plane flew by"

Exactly.

Thanks but as you can see, it doesnt help, some tin hats are hell bent on what they think they know...
but it's what they don't know that leaves them reaching.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

neither of u know anything more than anyone else on the thread about the video. so quit pretending like u were there sitting on the wing. disinfo mixed with psychological abuse. u guys stick out like a sore thumb.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You can call me a skeptic or whatever, I don't care.

To assess this footage, let's FIRST exclude any other, possible explanation. The first thing coming to mind:

* Why, SHOULD IT NOT SIMPLY BE A BIRD/GOOSE etc. swooshing by the plane?

This is a simple, easy explanation which makes sense, seeing that the plane is rather low. My logic tells me that a larger bird can very well be at that altitude.

* The video shows really nothing more than a streak, for maybe 2 or three frames. Based on this, it could be ANYTHING whatever might be in that height, from a bird to a balloon or whatever. Since the plane has a speed which I assume anywhere from 300-600 mph, it is likely that each object passed by would appear in the way as seen in the video.

COULD it be a UFO (as in "alien craft")? Yes of course it COULD be, but there is no way on Earth to find this out based on the video. There are hundreds of other, likely explanation what it COULD be, and the "alien craft" UFO explanations would be be all the way on the bottom of likely things.

Side note: In the image on the website, in the red circle, they circle the WRONG object. The red circle is around the other plane, NOT the "UFO". Lazy and shoddy journalism.

Note: I also cannot discount a hoax. Person attempted to film that other plane (I guess). There is something about that other object which "appears" fishy to me. It would be extremely easy to fabricate this video afterwards, just adding some streak into the footage. What's a BIG red flag here is the way the video is presented with Alien images etc..etc... A "genuine" sighting should not have all that nonsense in it.
edit on 5-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

"Someone could have cgi'd the unknown object into the film that originally only showed the kid reacting to his surprise when the other plane flew by"

Exactly.

Thanks but as you can see, it doesnt help, some tin hats are hell bent on what they think they know...

neither of u know anything more than anyone else on the thread about the video. so quit pretending like u were there sitting on the wing. disinfo mixed with psychological abuse. u guys stick out like a sore thumb.

You must mistake me as a non believer.
I'm simply relating what I know as a 3d software developer , in regard to this particular video,(u2u me if you would like the link to my website), to what I see in this video and in comparison to all the others I've seen and analyzed, I'm not saying absolutely what this video is, or what it is not, only what it could be.
Who are YOU to say what I know? Do I know you?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Looks like the good old "cigar" shaped UFO.

Seen everywhere from the moon.
(They usually are always travelling at high speeds...notice the motion blur)

to our skies,
(This one is from a few years ago, surprisingly it is also filmed near an aircraft)

Whether it be Alien, Military or Multi-Dimensional in origin, one thing is for sure, they are in our skies more often than we like to believe.

I personally haven't drawn a conclusion as to what they are yet.

edit on 6-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
Unfortunately, there are so many little things that could have passed between the two planes. Passing by in that direction would seem to indicate that it wasn't going that fast just by itself... but if the plane was travelling at Economical Cruising Speed -- 737 is listed at 796 km/h (or 494 m/h for the imperials) -- This thing could have been sitting still, and would still pass by in a blur.

If it was moving at all in the opposite direction, its speed in that direction would be added to the travelling speed of the aircraft. In fact, it could be going fast (as birds go) in the same direction as the plane, and still get overtaken to make it appear as though it was going really fast the other way.

I want to see stuff in these videos too, but I think until we get a clear image that shows... something... we'll have to chalk it up to a lucky catch of something potentially mundane, compounded by the optical illusion of "Apparent Speed" of the other aircraft we can see.

LOL That's a good one.
Swamp gas or a Japanese Lantern.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hmmm. This is pretty good footage. Glad people have their cameras out when flying on airplanes, I find it's pretty rare to have anyone doing that. So we're looking at a pretty rare catch on all fronts.

I don't think it was a bird, and definitely not a stationary object such as a balloon. It is clearly "moving" at a pretty high rate of speed. I mean, we've got two planes to give us some perspective... How rare is that, I mean there's a damn plane flying by.

I think the likelihood of this being an advanced aircraft or high strange event is fairly high, when you are open to the fact that this is a real phenomena, happening all the damn time.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Being aircrew in the Navy, I have been in a few of what would be considered "near misses", one of which looked very much like this. The object is extremely close to the kids passenger jet, and going quite fast in the opposite direction. It is over in the blink of an eye. This could have been a lear jet, or something military, and unless you got a view downrange of it approaching, a perpendicular view like this is only going to produce a few frames on a digital camera, however the kid got a much better look at it than the camera was able to reproduce.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Firstly, I don't believe in extraterrestrials.

That says more about you than you'll ever know.
I wonder if "they" believe in you?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
All,

I would have to say that the most likely explaination would be a large weather balloon of some sorts. If it had been traveling at extreme speed then you would have not seen it in the video.

Remember the aircraft is travelling at 500 knots ground speed.

Air Traffic Controller here. I am not saying that was definately what it was, but I know those balloons do travel up way into Class A airspace (18k and up) and would not be something that ATC would see on RADAR or even have SA (situational awareness) of at that altitude.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
These are hilarious theories to explain this event. The speed of the thing is insane. Pay attention to detail. Oh yeah that's totally a bird. Weather balloon? Come on. I haven't read a good explanation other than a UFO and that's being 100% realistic thinking. The speed gives more detail away than I think people are noticing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

yeah, LITERALLY......

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Last summer I thought I kept witnessing crazy pilots in planes that would almost collide in the sky, I literally saw them like every week, they looked long and silver, I just presumed by eye sight was really bad, and the sun blocked out the wings - as I couldn't spot any wings.

After a month or two of seeing these "crazy pilots" navigating these "planes" in patterns that should SURELY be illegal - I grabbed my binoculars.

hey ho, the whole time I was actually witnessing "cigar" shaped UFO's pulling off these crazy stunts.

Now, I have saw a flying saucer and various UFO's since 2010 - I just can't believe I was actually witnessing these fabled "cigars" the whole time and I didn't even realise aha.

They are literally EVERYWHERE. You just gotta keep looking UP.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
wow pretty interesting, i doubt anything other wordly would be leaving a contrial though unless they use the same propulsion?

also did anyone notice the other white thing zip past both of them in between, what was that thing was it a bird or something?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

also did anyone notice the other white thing zip past both of them in between

That was the UFO

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
These are hilarious theories to explain this event. The speed of the thing is insane. Pay attention to detail. Oh yeah that's totally a bird. Weather balloon? Come on. I haven't read a good explanation other than a UFO and that's being 100% realistic thinking. The speed gives more detail away than I think people are noticing.

Uhm...how do you think it would look like IF (repeat: IF) a big bird or balloon is by coincidence in that area, right at the side of the window and the plane goes by with, say, 500mph? It will appear as if "the speed of the thing is insane", simply because the speed of the plane going by.

As for the other guy who claims "it has a cigar shape". The shape cannot be determined AT ALL. The object is so fast and only visible in 2 or three frames, it *will* look like a streak/cigar....regardless of the actual shape of the object.

I still think it's a hoax since the YT uploader and the entire video is fishy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

So what you are saying that an alien spacecraft is more plausable than a weather balloon? Because we should automatically assume that it is obviously of Alien Origin as opposed to something from Earth.....

Im not laughing so I don't see what was hilarious about my expaination...... I am basing my guess on my knowledge of the National Airspace System with 16 years of experience controlling aircraft in 5 different countries.

What is your proffessional experience that lends credit to your theory?

edit on 6-2-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Cigars are up there, for sure! Whether this is a capture of a real one I don't know. I can't rule it out cos I know they're up there. But that "chain of fake videos" with cigar objects in lends weight to it being a hoax. As for the weather balloon (and do appreciate the above posters input on ATC stuff) I wanted to ask, do commercial pilots check NOTAMS or equivalent before take-off?

For example, we have several weather balloon sites here in the UK, all clearly indicated on NOTAMS but I don't know if commercial airline pilots check or abide by them. I know they're all abiding by the strict rules (the restricted airspace, temporarily restricted airspace etc) but not sure about the weather balloons as they seem to be written as just warnings, and usually covering a week period (ie, there will be a balloon release between 3rd-10th) - does not get much more specific than that.

Is the chance of an airliner flying directly through a weather balloons path a regular occurrence then?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Off Topic - Love the Avatar...........''It's Bob....Bob is back'' - great days....... ha ha ha ha

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just to those whom are thinking that the 'object' is a slow-mover being overtaken by the passing aircraft then wouldn't the aircraft with the trail move quicker in relation to the ''object'' in the sense that the closing speed of the planes will be around 1000 mph (+ or -).....

The ''Object" appears to be moving 'relatively' quicker than you would expect surely...........

just thinking out aloud..

regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Exactly.

You must mistake me as a non believer.
I'm simply relating what I know as a 3d software developer , in regard to this particular video,(u2u me if you would like the link to my website), to what I see in this video and in comparison to all the others I've seen and analyzed, I'm not saying absolutely what this video is, or what it is not, only what it could be.
Who are YOU to say what I know? Do I know you?

it doesnt matter. make ur point without insults and other forms of psychological abuse aimed at a personal level. u have a plausible explanation. doesnt mean it 100% and u cant prove it either, so why the ridicule. ur on a conspiracy site.

we're all mad here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join