It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage from Massachusetts Plane Sparks Alien Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

just playing devils advocate,
you would not hear a sonic boom if it had already gone passed the speed of sound earlier and was cruising, the sonic boom is audible at the time the sound barrier is broken, not a constant boom.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It could be something small and close to the camera/plane they were filming from. The plane they were filming from was probably moving about 500 mph (800 km/h), so anything they passed would appear to zip by if it was very close to them.

Then again, it could be something larger and farther away going extremely fast. You can't tell from this video.

edit on 2/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

The sounds you hear are interior plane noise, the "object" doesn't make a noise when it flies by, to me that is suspicious.

You have an object clearly going faster than the speed of sound and no sonic boom?
no breaking the sound barrier?
Nothing? i call fake
edit on 5-2-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

Not it's not cabin noise, it is audible enough to be heard increasing and decaying in sync with the passing object, which could be a Lear jet since they fly much higher. Have another listen.
BTW, the 'object' is going in the opposite direction to the airliner.
edit on 5-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There`s something strange about the pictures, I paused the video and I got these screen captures:

What`s up with the double vision thing? There are even two planes in the one picture.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
There`s something strange about the pictures, I paused the video and I got these screen captures:

[...snip images...]

What`s up with the double vision thing? There are even two planes in the one picture.

I would say that's caused by video interlacing.

Video interlacing compresses video by borrowing (repeating) pixels from one frame to the next.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Double busted....the kids voice gives it away...he sounds phoney......
Like when the CGI saucer suddenly zips off...dead giveaway every time......

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

What`s up with the double vision thing?

I noticed that as well. It only does that in the 50% slowed-down version... so likely whatever they did to slow it down produced those effects.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hmm, it looks like an object would if you passed it at the speed of an airplane. Suggesting it is stationary, but have No idea what it could be. Earthly ideas= Balloon, another plane, reflection which I dont think it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It looks, and sounds, like an RC plane flying the opposite direction. Obviously they are way too high for that though.

Also, if it were anything civilian, the owner would be in serious trouble for flying so close to two planes.

That being said, I'm under the impression that it's a hoax/CGI. This is strictly due to the fact that there is a plane going the opposite direction in the shot. It would be a good tactic for a hoaxer to use this instance as it would create the illusion that the UFO is traveling much faster than the other plane. It's also rather convenient that the footage immediately before shows the altitude they are flying at. It all just seems too perfect, especially with the sound.

Besides, everyone knows that UFO's are silent.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting!!
Played a bit with it.
Not much to get from.

I also go for the "must be close to the window" explanation that was stated in here before.

But what can get illuminated like that?
What dwells in this altitudes?

Maybe a ricochet?

S&F

edit on 5-2-2013 by Snaffers because: This is that

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

It could be something small and close to the camera/plane they were filming from. The plane they were filming from was probably moving about 500 mph (800 km/h), so anything they passed would appear to zip by if it was very close to them.

Then again, it could be something larger and farther away going extremely fast. You can't tell from this video.

My thoughts too.

It could be an object suspended in the air, like a small balloon, not too far off the wing of the plane.

But like you say, it is impossible to tell from the video.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i watched the video...and i concluded....
The light you see for 3 frames is someone walking down the isle way behind him or his father next to him..
perhaps a watch or his phone light or even his kids phone light..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I already know what it is.

It's a Chinese lantern built with turbo boosters.

Like Duh...

Looks like the Chinese Lanterns have caught up to time in technology.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Looks disturbingly like a FFAR in glide phase

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

edit on 5-2-2013 by gortex because:

Best post so far Gortex

hihihih

"Struggling in a vortex,with my jacket made of gortex"

Maybe that's the solution

Your silver jacket...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From their YT channel, number of videos like the one in the OP supposedly sent to them.

I'm going fake with this one, pardon, all of them.
Such a shame.
edit on 5-2-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
From their YT channel, number of videos like the one in the OP supposedly sent to them.

I'm going fake with this one, pardon, all of them.
Such a shame.
edit on 5-2-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Thanks for these clips which do seem to follow a certain pattern..... I was hoping this clip from the aircraft had some substance however I'm getting the 'feel' its part of a series of clips designed to catch followers and ultimately e-mail addresses....

Cheers everyone for the feedback

PDUK

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why is the contrail moving with the 'UFO' like that in such a bizarre way?

It looks like the contrail is being dragged along, its not getting any longer... I mean sure something moving like that imparts some of its speed onto an object thrown or expelled from it but not like that. Ive watched planes making contrails and it sure doesn't look like that. Anyone else see that or get what im talking about?

It looks like to me a picture of a contrail with something in front of it cut out and simply panned across the sky in the video. Even the various blobs and puffs of the contrail dont even move or change but just get dragged behind... which doesn't happen with a contrail. A proper short contrail like that the 'cloud' material of the contrail would expand and dissipate rapidly but stay pretty much where it was emitted by the contrail maker...

Im more interested though in what the white object flashing by was like a few others... THAT is interesting and appears to be part of the actual original vid.

I say fake, but wouldnt mind seeing what the other white blur object was.

Edit:- Hmm looking at some of the other posts, I hadnt thought that the contrail maker might have been going in the opposite direction of the plane the Filmer was in... that would explain the odd contrail 'dragging' im seeing. I assumed the 'UFO' making the contrail was over taking the Filmers plane or at least that was the impression the video was making, sounds like its therefore simply a mundane vid being made out to be something else due to its ambiguous nature.
edit on 5-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm a pilot....with very fast eyes...it's another aircraft....we swing out to pass...and it takes forever to overcome them....then thet go by fast so you can swing back in...
the 757 was going 595 miles an hour...37.000 MSL

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Why is the contrail moving with the 'UFO' like that in such a bizarre way?

It looks like the contrail is being dragged along, its not getting any longer... I mean sure something moving like that imparts some of its speed onto an object thrown or expelled from it but not like that. Ive watched planes making contrails and it sure doesn't look like that. Anyone else see that or get what im talking about?

It looks like to me a picture of a contrail with something in front of it cut out and simply panned across the sky in the video. Even the various blobs and puffs of the contrail dont even move or change but just get dragged behind... which doesn't happen with a contrail. A proper short contrail like that the 'cloud' material of the contrail would expand and dissipate rapidly but stay pretty much where it was emitted by the contrail maker...

Im more interested though in what the white object flashing by was like a few others... THAT is interesting and appears to be part of the actual original vid.

I say fake, but wouldnt mind seeing what the other white blur object was.

Edit:- Hmm looking at some of the other posts, I hadnt thought that the contrail maker might have been going in the opposite direction of the plane the Filmer was in... that would explain the odd contrail 'dragging' im seeing. I assumed the 'UFO' making the contrail was over taking the Filmers plane or at least that was the impression the video was making, sounds like its therefore simply a mundane vid being made out to be something else due to its ambiguous nature.
edit on 5-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

The UFO is 'NOT' the object with a contrail but the white flash which passes between the aircraft being filmed and the plane from which the video is being made......

It is probably cgi or something but watch the video on page 1 from Dmz1664.....

Regards
PDUK

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join