It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists becoming socially acceptable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
in my personal experience, everywhere i go;

The average person is discussing conspiracy theories in general.
at work, i can talk to anyone i work with about the NWO, conspiracies in religion, and conspiracies in general.
random people off the street i will talk to are willing to discuss these things as well as ufo's and aliens.

so my personal belief is that conspiracy theorists are becoming the norm,
regardless of how demonized and crazy we are made to look like.

so what im saying is that being a conspiracy theorist is becoming socially acceptable.
almost completely.

Ive even talked to average everyday people about reptillian shapeshifters,
although i dont neccesarily believe in them.

Even my family members are intersted in conspiracy theories, as well as there co-workers friends and extended family. So im convinced people will start taking this stuff more seriously in the future.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Belcastro because: added

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I remember thinking the same thing about 10 years ago. I will check back with you in 10 years.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nowadays I find 'illuminati' being discussed openly in news websites.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Where is this Xanadoo?

Most people still think I am nuts.

I'm glad it's working out for you.

Got to run....Trying to catch this pesky Reptillian...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Damn, I'm starting to be accepted into society. I will have to find something else to make them reject me again

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes, those are becoming very common discussion... the new "nuts in the society" are different.

Talk about reptilians and chem trails, you will get the "he is a conspiracy nut" look.

I did a test run with my hipster friend section.

Illuminati: yes
NWO: Yes
Bankers: Yes
9/11: Yes
Reptilian: No!
Chemtrail: No!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i dont know about you guys, but i am 21 years old, and my generation loves to discuss the NWO and conspiracy theories.

here in pinellas county, florida, we believe the sandy hooks shooting was a conspiracy because they had a sandy hooks shooting facebook page before it happened.

but yeah i hope that the average person is aware of these things in general.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Until I hear Zionism being discussed openly without the silly racial implications, then I'll believe conspiracy theories are more out in the open.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I predict soon, there will be an Illuminati reality show. Starring wanna be models in the latest Illuminati fashions.

We are seeing the birth of the Illuminati generation.....

Des

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

we believe the sandy hooks shooting was a conspiracy because they had a sandy hooks shooting facebook page before it happened.

Could you please explain to me where that information came from?

I really would be interested...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

we believe the sandy hooks shooting was a conspiracy because they had a sandy hooks shooting facebook page before it happened.

I believe that page was debunked. They just altered the content of an existing page after the event occured.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Not a conspiracy. That page was registered as something else prior to the shooting and then the
title was changed after the fact. It was a scary piece of evidence until it was debunked.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In my neck o' the woods and among my "peers" (truck drivers and oil rig workers)

9/11---Yes
2nd amendment gun grab---ABSOLUTELY YES!
Alien---Yes
Illuminati---Huh?
Obamacare--YES
Invasions of privacy against the 4th amendment---sadly, still the same old chestnut
"If you don't do anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hundredth Monkey Effect:

The hundredth monkey effect is a supposed phenomenon in which a behavior or thought spreads rapidly from one group to all related groups once a critical number of initiates is reached. By generalization it means the instantaneous spreading of an idea or ability to the remainder of a population once a certain portion of that population has heard of the new idea or learned the new ability by some unknown process currently beyond the scope of science.
The story behind this supposed phenomenon originated with Lawrence Blair and Lyall Watson in the mid-to-late 1970s, who claimed that it was the observation of Japanese scientists. One of the primary factors in the promulgation of the story is that many authors quote secondary, tertiary or post-tertiary sources who have themselves misrepresented the original observations.

Source

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I believe that page was debunked. They just altered the content of an existing page after the event occured.

Thanks for telling me this so i can tell my friends, it creeped us out.

not every1 knows when things get debunked, i didnt know for example

top topics

join