It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine: 'Routh Never Saw Combat'- PTSD Makes No Sense (Kyle Murder)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a simple note: You don't need to see combat to suffer from PTSD. Trust me.

I second that!

I would also like to point out that he might have been misdiagnosed with PTSD and instead is just a nutcase like many killers. We don't know what his background is. This kid may have suffered from mental issues his entire life. This smells like another attempt at demonizing veterans. Once the media digs deep enough to find out he's a former Marine they stop there, as if that alone explains his insane actions.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

A possible scenario is one in which Eddie Ray Routh was identified as having mental weakness and a proclivity towards self-doubt and self-loathing and blame. He could have been used as the patsy. The two men shot could have been shot from a distance by another highly skilled sniper. Just before the shots Routh would have been targeted with some sort of energy weapon that disrupted his mind or created hallucinations that momentarily disabled him. When Routh recovers from the mind warp he sees that his two companions are on the ground dead. At that point he believes that he is the cause. He doesn't imagine any other possibility. He just imagines that he is the cause and he drives to his sister in order to confess. There is no struggle. He just ''does the right thing''. The whole case stinks. After decades on this planet one develops a nose for this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you look back far enough in the time line you will find the person who recommended Routh have a meeting with Kyle. It could be a friend who knows a doctor who talks to his mother, etc. It would all sound so helpful and not pushy at all. It may be the least expected person, but that person will definitely have ties to the greater conspiracy and that person will have played a role in positioning Eddie Ray Routh at the gun range on that particular day. Somebody would have had to set this up with a technology in position to affect Routh's mind and a sniper in position to do the killing.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If Routh was so crazy how did he get into the military?

If he was a paranoid schizophrenic why was he not diagnosed with that instead of PTSD?

What was the motive for the killings? Mental illness is not by itself a motive; most crazy people are not violent.

Why would Kyle even waste his time with a guy like this?

I agree that this guy could just be a patsy, and that someone else did the killings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join