It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine: 'Routh Never Saw Combat'- PTSD Makes No Sense (Kyle Murder)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

However, an active duty Marine has doubts about Routh’s story, telling us that he never saw combat and therefore is unlikely to have suffered from PTSD.

The Marine, who was stationed in the same barracks as Routh in 2007 at Camp Lejeune, N.C, wished to remain anonymous but sent us his military credentials as well as an unpublished photo of Routh in his military fatigues. We were also able to verify that the email was sent from a legitimate .mil email address.

“After seeing this picture I just remembered this guy lived in the same barracks as me in 2007 in Camp Lejeune, N.C., he was definitely NOT a highly trained Marine he was a mechanic in for only about 4 years,” said the Marine.

“My friend deployed to Iraq with Eddie Routh and this guy never even went outside the wire, so the PTSD from combat as the news is saying is unlikely, and this guy was no highly trained Marine as they are also saying in the news,” he added.

www.infowars.com...

As more details come to light about this case, it is clear something is just not quite right. How do you suffer PTSD if you have never seen combat?

And of course that raises a lot of other questions about Routh's motive for the killings, which so far, Routh has not commented on, or so say the authorities. Why would Routh coerce Kyle and his buddy then to take him to the range, unless he had planned to kill them?

Bizarre case.

It should be noted that the PTSD explanation was just a theory- but one that still, does not seem to make much sense to me.
edit on Tue Feb 5th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a simple note: You don't need to see combat to suffer from PTSD. Trust me.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A person can suffer from PTSD if they are 'bullied' (for lack of a better term) heavily, or pushed to their physical limits one way or another.

I agree with you, this case is extremely odd, but there are a lot of ways a person can end up suffering from ptsd.

Course, then my mind wanders down the 'conspiracy' side of things and starts to think about mkultra, and the fact that it supposedly involves things that cause ptsd...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yup; so far the guy's mother has been implicated 'maybe his mother approached Kyle and asked him to see if he could help him'... lots of people mouthing off in front of a teevee camera who don't know #ola about what really happened.

The arrest photograph of him seems odd, somehow. That's an awfully calm looking individual considering he recently shot two people in the back of the head and now he's facing capital murder charges in a state that routinely fries people. He was reported by his sister (second hand) as having threatened suicide recently, also. If he wanted to die by virtue of the world's best sniper, why shoot them in the back of the head while they had their backs to him...?

And why do all these strange shootings end with the alleged perpetrator looking either dazed or a cool as a cucumber?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wouldnt surprise me if the standards have dropped so low that anyone can be diagnosed with PTSD.

What does one have to gain from claiming PTSD? Is there anything to be gained by the military itself?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There have been soldiers who have been diagnosed with ptsd - in some cases - from the anticipation of combat or deployment alone. Some of these soldiers have been in the spotlight in previous years. In that sense, it is not unheard of.

Edit to add: I recall hearing that some involved in the early Iraq PoW scandal were using this pre-combat stress as a defense but don't remember specifics.

As always, it would be nice to hear both sides of this specific case because the highest kill count soldier getting gunned down in the middle of this huge antigun psyop by a fellow vet doesn't sit right with me.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Many things can cause PTDS. Child abuse is a big one as well. I suffered years from nightmares waking me up at night and worried constantly that my dad and stepwitch would come after me. Over half of my life type of years. Post trauma means just that. After the traumatic event defined solely by the victim and not by psychologist rating the event.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Please do not release my name, I am an active duty Marine and I don’t need the attention,” he concluded.

US Marine Questions Narrative Behind Chris Kyle Murder

So,
Is the source really a Marine?
Does the source even exist?

Routh, a member of the Marines Corps Reserve, was first taken to a mental hospital Sept. 2 after he threatened to kill his family and himself, according to police records in Lancaster, where Routh lives.

Eddie Ray Routh, Suspect In Chris Kyle Murder, Claims He Has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Police

The real question is why on earth did Kyle take Routh to a Gun Range.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing to be honest. I know how you should confront your problems etc but taking someone who supposedly has war related PTSD to a gun range and slapping a gun in his hand is surely not the smartest thing to do?

Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to "BritofTexas"
edit on 5-2-2013 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting comment left on the Inforwars site:

"He did have PTSD. He was a mental case. My wife is friends with the family and has been for the last 20 years. The media is just trumping up the death of a war hero. It is his own fault that he is dead. Kyle was introduced to Eddie through mutual friends, and offered to help him with his PTSD. He was told not to take his shooting, and that Eddie couldn’t handle it. Kyle said that “If he was treated like a boy, thats how he’ll behave. He needs a gun in his hand to make him feel like a man again.”
After talking with the family, Kyle said that he was going to take Eddie to meeting for PTSD. But instead he took him to this shooting range. Eddie just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago for holding his girlfriend had her friend hostage a knife point. He thought some one was going to savagely murder them so he wanted to kill them so they wouldn’t suffer. He has been trying to get help for years.
THIS WAS NOT A HIT BY THE GOVERNMENT. I have been an AJ fan since the late 90′s. I’m not a troll, I am just trying to get the truth out about this situation. I’m on lunch now and can’t remember my infowars password. I’ll post more when I get home from work.
Freethinker"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will wait until more info comes out before I make assumptions. One thing that stands out to me though is he is a reservest. The info is scetchy as to weather he was active or inactive reserve. Either way if he was diagnosed by the military for having PTSD he would have been seperated under an RE2 and inelligable to re-enlist without a medical evaluation/ waiver and not elligable for reserves. I could be wrong but its also my understanding that if he is receiving VA benifits he is also inelligable to be in the reserves. I think the family of this POS is screaming PTSD to gain sympathy and pass some blame.

edit on 5-2-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Wouldnt surprise me if the standards have dropped so low that anyone can be diagnosed with PTSD.

What does one have to gain from claiming PTSD? Is there anything to be gained by the military itself?

Yeah, limited duty or discharge.
I believe generally, it is a discharge out of the military.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, his PTSD theory went around as fact apparently. More holes in the story?
You can suffer from PTSD as a non veteran. Some victims of violent crimes do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are no witnesses to this shooting so it could have been anyone, don't just believe it was this Marine.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think they likely have the right guy. I think the media jumped on the PTSD just because he was a marine and it provides fuel for the gun debate. I think his family might have known he was bat# crazy but everyone else just a vet struggling to adjust back to civilian world. No motive has been given so I won't speculate but I will say I have no reason to think his service or PTSD has anything to do with it. If he was not diagnosed by the military or VA and allowed to continue service in the reserves, he wasn't that crazy IMO.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

As more details come to light about this case, it is clear something is just not quite right. How do you suffer PTSD if you have never seen combat?

Good question. I was an Avionics technician, in the military, and technically never saw combat. However, PTSD is among my service connected conditions granted to me by the VA.

However, I do not believe that PTSD should be used to escape punishments for crimes commited. It's a matter of self control, and I think the world is better off without those who have none.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

From your little blurb here he sounds more like a paranoid shcizophrenic than someone with PTSD. Unless his PTSD comes from an earlier assault before his military service. I have PTSD, and I've never threatened to harm anyone. I have nightmares, and unnecessary nervousness/anxiety and depression, but I've never threatened to harm anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah I think it is possible, same out come too:

Hold on this:

So yeah.. it is possible

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
[emphasis added]

...The Marine, who was stationed in the same barracks as Routh in 2007 at Camp Lejeune, N.C, wished to remain anonymous but sent us his military credentials as well as an unpublished photo of Routh in his military fatigues. We were also able to verify that the email was sent from a legitimate .mil email address. ...

So much for remaining anonymous. It wouldn't take long for the gov't to determine who sent whom emails.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I think you might be right.

From the article at Navy Times.

"Eddie Ray Routh told his sister and brother-in-law that he and the two men “were out shooting target practice and he couldn’t trust them so he killed them before they could kill him,” according to a Lancaster police search warrant affidavit.

Laura Blevins told police her brother seemed “out of his mind saying people were sucking his soul and that he could smell the pigs. He said he was going to get their souls before they took his,” according to the affidavit, which was first obtained by WFAA-TV. Routh told his brother-in-law, Gaines Blevins, that everyone was out to get him, according to the affidavit, which says Lancaster police obtained a warrant to search Routh’s home for weapons and other evidence.

In the 911 call, obtained by The Associated Press, Gaines Blevins told the operator that Routh was released from a mental hospital about a week earlier and had been “acting a little weird.” He also told the operator that Routh was recently diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Routh was taken to a mental hospital twice since last fall and told authorities he suffers from PTSD, according to police records."

www.navytimes.com...

Now im curious as to what type if any drugs (if any) he may of been taking.
edit on 6-2-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join