It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Death. Let's Face It. Let's Discuss It.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don’t dwell on the subject of death especially not my own. Science says that energy cannot be created or destroyed only transformed so at least that is something. On the subject of a soul or transferable conscious I haven’t seen any proof of such. Honestly if there is nothing after death I am fine with that I consider it as much needed rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You ARE the life that resides in your body. Your body "dies" when YOU leave it. There is still a you, you ARE that life. You never die. You are more than a bag of flesh. Every cell in your body, is energized with the energy of life. That energy, is you.

To a person who believes that you are the body, from which life departs, it would appear as a death, an end.

But for those who KNOW that you ARE the life that departs the body, there is no death.

For you, there is always life. Life eternal.

We are made of the exact same stuff that makes up a tree, a fish, an ostrich... So, when I eat those peppers and onions on my steak, their soul departs too?

I don't agree that we are inherently the same as a tree, fish, ostrich etc. Perhaps elements body wise, then yes. But I think we are more than just the body

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I don't agree that we are inherently the same as a tree, fish, ostrich etc. Perhaps elements body wise, then yes. But I think we are more than just the body

DNA proves that we are related to ALL things on this planet, but we're the only species out of millions with a soul? Don't you find that a stretch?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

DNA proves that we are related to ALL things on this planet, but we're the only species out of millions with a soul? Don't you find that a stretch?

Sentience/Consciousness I believe to be the ultimate difference. Is a tree, rock, water sentient? Animals? Insects? To what degree?

In my case, I remember pre-existing as pure consciousness. So at least I know the real me is consciousness inhabiting a physical vessel. I can't speak for the rest of existence

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

In my case, I remember pre-existing as pure consciousness.
reply to post by dominicus

Well, all-righty then. Good to know.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

In my case, I remember pre-existing as pure consciousness. So at least I know the real me is consciousness inhabiting a physical vessel. I can't speak for the rest of existence

Do you remember being a zygote? If you remember as far back as pre-existence, you must surely remember being a zygote since it would be more recent.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I haven't read your thread yet, but your title made me think of something I was thinking about last night.

Our entire psyche is based on survival. We fear death. But why? The reason can be inferred that life is good and worth propagating and sustaining. But if we're dead, which we all one day will be, then it won't matter how good life was. We won't miss it. So why do we hold on to it so much now if in the end were going to lose it anyway?

Last night, with that thought, I let go of everything in my mind and felt free.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You ARE the life that resides in your body. Your body "dies" when YOU leave it. There is still a you, you ARE that life. You never die. You are more than a bag of flesh. Every cell in your body, is energized with the energy of life. That energy, is you.

To a person who believes that you are the body, from which life departs, it would appear as a death, an end.

But for those who KNOW that you ARE the life that departs the body, there is no death.

For you, there is always life. Life eternal.

We are made of the exact same stuff that makes up a tree, a fish, an ostrich... So, when I eat those peppers and onions on my steak, their soul departs too?

And other animals are not?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

In my case, I remember pre-existing as pure consciousness.

Well, all-righty then. Good to know.

Laugh all you want, but I'm not the only one who remembers pre-existing. There are members here on ATS who sent me private messages that they to remember. Your response reminds me of when someone once said a few hundred years back, that, "One day there will be horseless carriages," and the laughter of the surrounding skeptics. Who's laughing last in that group?

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Do you remember being a zygote? If you remember as far back as pre-existence, you must surely remember being a zygote since it would be more recent.

No ...no zygote. I remember being pure non-physical consciousness. A unit of awareness. A Soul. I started a thread about it a couple years back:
Remembering Pre-existence....

The memory came after years of spiritual work, meditation, discernment, letting go of ego/mind, and a bout with the dark night of the soul. Then the memory dawned and it did not come from the ego/mind, but from somewhere deep within prior to the mind's reaction.

reply to post by smithjustinb

And other animals are not?

are all animals sentient and self aware?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm one of those members who has the same pre-birth memory. For me the memory was always with me. I didn't go through meditations or anything, it was just always there. I never wanted to admit it on ATS because had it not have happened to me, I wouldn't believe it myself. It takes courage to come forth with such an experience. Needless to say, I do not fear death as I know I will leave this physical body and continue on.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

[color=gold]
In relation to the English language usage in discussion of this topic. 1 shall take from the one of the Great Books the Bible..

NAMASTE*******

The Souls Under The Altar

[color=gold]
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Rev 21 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
The New Jerusalem
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." 5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." 6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

[color=gold]
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

1 personally feels from observations its basically based on what Frequency a soul/spirit/internal energy is vibrating on and how this Soul/Spirit/Internal energy effects others it encounters on a positive or negative level (during its phases of life and death within EXISTENCE), thus guiding the future steps of a CREATOR Creations Soul/Spirit/Internal ENERGY to Higher ascended forms/locations or to Lower overlorded existences until better energy filtered/ balanced.

it seems
face 1 death or transition for PASSING thru and LEARNING the ways
or 2 transition/reminder then cycle

With that 1 feels it death is something to be respected with concerns with dealing with it personally or with discussing it about others and hopes many keep/kept this in mind.

[color=gold]
R.I.P to the many who have/are crossed/crossing and hopes that some of the data fragments still present in relation to positive CO-EXISTENCE messages make it thru in hoping to assist with out another having too (relearn class) ?

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 2/5/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

From reading your post, sounds like you have a good grip on things.
You are so right, tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

How to deal with it, is the real issue, its a personal one that we all have to take.
No one can do it for us, or even really guide us.

For me their were a lot of stages and emotions. First stage was shock and total numbness
there are no other words that will smack you square in the face than when your doc tells you
"Well, you are not dead yet.". I was told this a year and a few months ago. It was a total shock.
Up until then i had considered myself healthy and in good shape. Come to find out things were wrong
inside.

Then the sadness set in, it hit me hard late one night, i woke up in the middle of the night, hurting
and was walking down the hallway and checked in on the kids, looking at them sleeping away
hit very hard. To know in a year or two i wont be around to help guide them, to help comfort them,
to enjoy and watch them grow up. There are many things i will probably miss out on.
I wont get to see them graduate high school, or at the rate things are going, see them get their
drivers license, even though i have already purchased a vehicle for the oldest (son) He still has
3 years or so to go, but i figured we can fix it up and work on it together as he gets a little older.

I wont get to walk my daughter down the isle when she gets married, or be there to be a shoulder
when things go wrong. I wont get to see grand kids, and have the fun of spoiling them.

There are so many things i am going to miss out on, i try not to think about it.
The thought of not being there for my wife or kids is what effects me the most.

The other part is the actual act of dying, how painful will it be, they say the brain lives on for up
to 5 min after the body stops. Now for the average thing, we dont give that amount of time a second
thought, but to know that i am going to be there, mentally alert, thinking and possibly seeing visual
images, hearing sounds and not be able to do anything bout it is a scary prospect.
The pain aspect of it is not a good thought either.
Take a deep breath and hold it as long as you possibly can without passing out..
notice the pain, pressure build in your chest. Now imagine that with no way to stop it
for up to 5 min. Its not a welcoming thought to me. But it is one that before long i will have to
face.
Honestly, i have thought of wandering off into the woods and changing the time line, my future is
not one i would wish on anyone. It has been 15 months plus since i have had a moment without
pain. (for anyone that has not experienced that you cant really understand what that means.)
chronic pain is no fun, and it is only going to get worse, as i go down hill, the pain levels will go up.
but, i could not imagine cutting the time short that i do have with the wife and kids, or the things i
would miss out on, so the thought, is just been that.. nothing more.

There are many aspects to facing this that have just hit me like a mac truck, but whats a person
going to do, when its your time, it's your time. as much as we dont like it, we cant change it.
There is a chance things could turn around, if i am lucky enough to get a transplant, it could add
15 to 20 years to my life. But that is a huge "if" and a very expensive "if".

In the mean time, my best and personal outlook on life is as follows.
(I am not a modern country fan, but i think this song says it all.)

Live life to the fullest, dont pass up a opportunity if you can help it and
enjoy every second of every day, even on the bad days.

There are things i still want to do, and know its just not going to happen, but
what i can make happen i do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

EVERY living form, has a subtle body. The physical body grows and lives from the energetic nourishment of its subtle body. So, yes, when you destroy the physical form, it's subtle body still exists.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

That's irrelevant, but yes there are some who are.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A long time ago I reconciled myself to the fact that this thing would happen to me, personally, one day.

I've seen it happen a lot. That was their time. It'll happen to you at some point - the end of your story. That's "the circle of life". You get a lot of experiences, you grow a lot, and what you get for a graduation present is - you die.

I'm not sure what happens after. I've talked to guys that were checking out and some just faded, others saw something they couldn't really describe. I'll find out one day, I suppose. I've come close a couple of times and mostly what was on my mind was 'wow, that was stupid, I hope no one notices how bad I just screwed up' Weird thought to have on your mind I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I had a black tunnel experience, which I wrote about on a thread of mine. There is something beyond this world.

I find the subject fascinating. I have no pre-life memories, but I have had outer body experiences which have shown me that there is more to life than what see, smell and touch here in this physical world. I know Night Star and I know it's the truth. I wonder how many others might have had pre-life memories. Either it's very rare or not many are willing to come forward about it. I've always been a very spiritual man, yet not religious. I always felt drawn away from the crowd, to something outside the physical, to a quiet and peaceful realm. I never knew why this was or why others weren't like this. I'm not sure how we might all connect or how our experiences may reflect each others' but I find it fascinating. Thank you for sharing! o

edit on 6-2-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

"The pain aspect of it is not a good thought either.
Take a deep breath and hold it as long as you possibly can without passing out..
notice the pain, pressure build in your chest. Now imagine that with no way to stop it
for up to 5 min. Its not a welcoming thought to me. But it is one that before long i will have to
face."

If you were in the hospital and couldn't breathe, you would be put on a ventilator and the machine would do the breathing for you. If you were in great physical pain, you would be given strong medication to make you more comfortable. Your family will pull together and be there for each other. That is the hardest part, leaving loved ones behind. They will eventually join you one day and you will all be together again.You are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you courage, strength and peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Or, you just die and that's it. It's nice to think you'll be with all your loved ones. But that seems sorta like wishful thinking to me. I'm thinking you just fade out, gone, you decay, that's all.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Or, you just die and that's it.

that would be soooo pointless.

I think one day technology is going to get to a point where they will prove existence of a soul and afterlife. Then we won't have these discussions. Hopefully they'll have soul interactive tech ...communicate with the dead

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Or, you just die and that's it. It's nice to think you'll be with all your loved ones. But that seems sorta like wishful thinking to me. I'm thinking you just fade out, gone, you decay, that's all.

If you look at serious case studies of near death experiences, you will see that you are more than just a physical body. I have had one out of body experience and a pre-birth memory that I cannot dismiss or ignore. I know personally, as do many others that we are far more than just a physical body. To anyone who has never had these experiences, it sounds crazy, too out there for people to wrap their minds around and I can understand that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join