It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Preppers/Truthers Becoming A Danger to our Society?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Shneal

Well I don't know how government mind control would work, to me it's Fiction, so I would presume that in a cheap sci-fi movie, mind control would involve some kind of antenna unit? rofl!
maybe you could explain. Try not to use a link unless you have to, (or unless it's msm) as I do not support wacky tea party sites and refuse to give them my time. (don't need malware either)

How does Obami control the minds of the wackos?

edit on 5-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Mind control is very real. It is an offshoot of human behavioral science. It really started taking off in the fifties and got a lot of investment from certain families. It is no longer a science in its infancy. It is well documented should you choose to look.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OptimusSubPrime: I hope the soup and bread line that you will be standing in sometime in the not too distant future isn't very long,

Hey that wasn't a very nice thing to say.!

If you haven’t heard a survivalist killed his wife and daughter, set their home a blaze and was hiding out in his bunker. Not really covering the story on this but I wanted to make something clear about how the OSM (Obama Stream Media) is handling
savingtherepublic.com...

Mother of Sandy Hook school gunman Adam Lanza was a 'prepper' survivalist preparing for economic and social collapse, say reports
*Wasn't Lanza but obviously had more to do with it than Obami did rip+
www.independent.co.uk... cial-collapse-say-reports-8422298.html

GPS Mistake Allegedly Leads to Deadly Driveway Shooting
abcnews.go.com...

That guy today that you mentioned
www.upi.com...

look. The fact that you wanted me to come up with examples, not believing that I would be able to, tells me that maybe *you are the one that's doin a little trolling here.

And the thread "Are Preppers/Truthers Becoming A Danger to our Society?"
"Becoming" meaning that yah, percentage wise there's a lot of hot heads in your group. You should do your best to promote non violence within the prepper community before it gets worse.

Obviously not ALL preppers are prone to violence, so give it a break.

This was posted on Rant so don't get all upset and teared up about it. It's just "some guys" opinion. If it upsets you to the point of sayin nasty things then I suggest you don't follow it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If it upsets you to the point of sayin nasty things then I suggest you don't follow it.!

And do you think accusing preppers and truthers of being a danger to society and defending child murderers and other criminals is a nice thing to say or a bad thing to say?

I'd suggest sipping on the same water that you're trying to dish out to others.

You're the one that brought this thread to life, so how about you give it a break?

- Obviously not all preppers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all truthers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all gun owners are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all christians are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all car owners are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all NFL players are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all video gamers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all cat owners are prone to violence.

I can make that list go on and on. But because of your statement above, all that this thread has managed to do is waste forum space and bandwidth while falsely accusing people of defending criminals.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

No not all preppers are a danger, but a few are making the headlines these days. Call it a red flag and do your part to teach people not to be paranoid. Paranoid people are dangerous. (imo)

see, in your thread you didn't say "imo"
That means you're arrogant.

(imo)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Okay, so you think that only preppers/truthers, etc. commit these crimes? Why? Is that what the man on the TV told you?

Try forming your own opinion based on FACTS for a change.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Try reading a post for a change. This has to do with the threat of over-armed paranoid folks with sh1t loads of weapons. It's black and white, dont like my thread and find it redundant then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

Try reading a post for a change. This has to do with the threat of over-armed paranoid folks with sh1t loads of weapons. It's black and white, dont like my thread and find it redundant then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

What threat is that? Who is over-armed and paranoid, exactly? That is just your opinion, buddy. And how many weapons is "too many" exactly?? I'll use this analogy again: Jay Leno owns over 100 cars. How many can he drive at once? Make sense? Ah, but sense and logic escapes the anti-gun nuts, don't they?

Don't troll your own thread. You asked the question, so if you don't like MY response, maybe you should just post in the rants forum.

edit on 5-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm a prepper and like truth and honesty. I say my mind about some of the injustices in the country but would never do anything violent or hostile. I won't protect these people doing these crazy things. They are not my kind.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
To a distinct extent, yes. There's a difference between someone who's prepared for likely eventualities (having a fuelled generator ready, or a supply of food and water stored) and someone whose irrational paranoia causes them to build a bunker in their backyard. The former is something everyone should do, natural disasters happen, after all. But someone who I'd describe as a "prepper" goes beyond that, to a point of delusion.

Now, how does that constitute a danger? Simple. Take someone with an unstable personality prone to paranoia and breaks from reality. Hammer their mind with the idea that the world is going to end soon and the (insert one) aliens/government/zombies/Illuminati/X are coming to the point that they sincerely believe it's true. And then nothing happens. Society continues ad infinitum. All that fear, the paranoia, and let's not kid ourselves, the excitement slowly intensify over time, putting more and more stress on a person's mind. That pressure builds up until one day, POP! They experience a psychotic episode. The results of that all depend on the specific psyche of the person. The extreme result of this is someone like Adam Lanza, heavily armed and convinced the world is going to end, and not in touch with reality enough to know right from wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why do you hear of mass stabbings/shootings in U.S.A/China yet you have no mass nothing really in India...Pakistan...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Shneal

Sounds like Malarky in my opinion but thanks for the reply.
I think you give the men in black too much credit though, they probably are not that smart or sophisticated. Not even close.

They don't NEED to be smart...

WHY? NO one can convince you of something you are in denial about.

COGNITIVE DISSONANCE is why so many people CHOOSE not to believe the truth no matter how much evidence there is!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

Remember that those who believe these shootings are the work of shadow groups and not the work of wackos are in the minority. You know that right? That your opinion of government cover up is shared by a small, volatile, and highly paranoid section of the public?

Funny that the "wackos" in the minority and the highly paranoid seem to have you vastly outnumbered here on ATS.

All the stars and flags in this thread make that painfully obvious to anyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence.

But you knew that right?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yes, 'preppers' and 'truthers' are a danger to society.

Not because they're crazies (though many are) who may crack and go on a murderous rampage (though some do). But because their ideas are anti-social, selfish and dangerous.

Not to mention simply dead wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Are Preppers/Truthers Becoming A Danger to our Society?

After giving it a lot of thought, I am going to say yes. All of that stuff used to be in the hands of just a few, responsible nutjobs. But now it has gone totally mainstream, like some kind of commodified 'lifestyle choice' that someone can make. That would make them something like 'McPreppers' or McTruthers, I suppose then, wouldn't it?

Just say no, to Ted Kaczynski Nation.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

If it upsets you to the point of sayin nasty things then I suggest you don't follow it.!

And do you think accusing preppers and truthers of being a danger to society and defending child murderers and other criminals is a nice thing to say or a bad thing to say?

I'd suggest sipping on the same water that you're trying to dish out to others.

You're the one that brought this thread to life, so how about you give it a break?

- Obviously not all preppers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all truthers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all gun owners are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all christians are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all car owners are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all NFL players are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all video gamers are prone to violence.

- Obviously not all cat owners are prone to violence.

I can make that list go on and on. But because of your statement above, all that this thread has managed to do is waste forum space and bandwidth while falsely accusing people of defending criminals.

Your post will be too hard for OP to reply to, he will pick some troll bait to reply to.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I hate it when people bend stats out of shape. There were over 14,000 murders in 2011, probably the majority of whom voted liberal in 2012. It's over 40 a day.

A few preppers? I'd be more worried about people who vote LIBERAL. The distortion in the media regarding preppers is disgusting. It IS propaganda, and nothing but propaganda. And you have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. Most people are very short on rational discrimination and fast to discriminate against labeled others (similar to racism IMO). Find out about the supposed "facts" you have been fed, look at the data, understand it, and try to see how you have been duped.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

STOP DEFENDING THE CRIMINALS!

stop siding with the status quo on a CONSPIRACY and alternative news site.

The people whom your OP demonizes are every day people with what ever label you wish to place on them.

Sounds like the government that is supposed to PROTECT them demonizing them in similar fashion.

You have to make a stronger argument to a crowd tired of heavy handed tactics and outright illegality.

Your argument that "they defend wackos" is just so lame it is almost not even worth addressing.
But I will humor you....

WHO did these people you mention DEFEND that was a wacko?....how do you justify implying that it is a trend among them to defend "criminals" ?..as you so lamely put it.

It is illegal to perform unwarranted search and seizure. To bypass our legal system without due process, to bypass congress through executive orders. It is illegal to even consider using military forces on a civilian population, even by international law....yet in the US our criminal leaders are doing just that. The federal Reserve is illegal as well according to our highest law.

Are these criminal activities not under your just and fair microscope? OR do you just want to continue making everyday common people into criminals while ignoring the dangerous and irresponsible situation the elected and their cronies have placed the country in?

edit on 6-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Yes, 'preppers' and 'truthers' are a danger to society.

Not because they're crazies (though many are) who may crack and go on a murderous rampage (though some do). But because their ideas are anti-social, selfish and dangerous.

Not to mention simply dead wrong.

Exactly, who in their right mind thinks the way they do?
Who prepares for when the government comes to get them or the SHTF and then they can lock themselves away and say "**** you world, I'm OK now you can just die"

These people definitely have some issues and definitely some mental issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join