It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Preppers/Truthers Becoming A Danger to our Society?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Some flaky prepper/truther/birther goes on a rampage and kills someone or some people in cold blood.

you got any proof of this?
some conspiracy you made up?
what medications have you been taking?
so, you think the government's behind this then?
people who think the way you do are a danger to society!
you should be locked up!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Prepper is used by the Media disambiguate a group of people they do not understand.

Whenever the MSM can't understand something they must find a way to label it.

Hence a new word in our lexicon....(with a preconceived notion applied).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My crowd isn't preparing for war against my neighbors. (how f%$%ed is that?)
-When someone from the Liberal side of things kills, I blame THEM.
NOT the government or HARP.

Lots of you trying to derail this thread I noticed. Go nuts.
-errr actually... Don't go nuts for societies sake, but post freely lol

edit on 5-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Preppers are not gearing for war against ones neighbor. As i sad before, most preppers i know are god fearing Christians. There prepping because the government and this economy no longer pass the smell test. the signs are all around us that the world is In the process of a permanent decline.

There prepping and spreading the word to others to do the same. There prepping for one day, when the economy collapses, to help rebuild and shelter there neighbors, to protect themselfs from government drones and status quo people like yourself who will be trying to take what they have away from them by force because they did not take the warning seriously.

edit on 5-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Nice try. Nice opinion as well,
Instead of crying foul and deeming the thread a failure, realize that you have some work to do. More and more people will be asking questions about your movements unless you try to normalize relations with your fellow man.
It's time to get out of the bunker pal. You're making us nervous

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The guts of the thread (although it will be sure to wander) is that people that deflect the blame from criminals onto other entities (imo) have a feeble and dangerous mind set.
Get it?

Well isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black!
You mean, kinda like your doing?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Remember that those who believe these shootings are the work of shadow groups and not the work of wackos are in the minority. You know that right? That your opinion of government cover up is shared by a small, volatile, and highly paranoid section of the public?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't think that the OP is necessarily remiss in making a note of this particular pattern. I don't think that it is so much of a prepper pattern, however, and more likely an "I believed that the world was going to end" pattern that happens to include those who prepare for disaster, whether it be natural or man-made. Never have we had a date so hyped by the media as the Dec. 21, 2012 date. There were reports that as many as 1 out of 5 people believed that the world was going to end. The number of individuals that are potentially criminally insane is less than 1% and probably a fraction of 1%. Toss in other factors such as economic woes and much, much more and what you have is a perfect storm. In the end though, the cause is ultimately mental illness--not prepping or anything else. The "other stuff" just tends to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. There are plenty of people who engage in those kind of activities that are perfectly normal and that's more likely the norm of "preppers". It's a very, very low percentage of the population that is capable of these sorts of thing.

I think it'll be very interesting to see the murder-suicide and suicide rates for 2012 when they come up. I'm guessing that they will be elevated from prior years.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by rival

Nice try. Nice opinion as well,
Instead of crying foul and deeming the thread a failure, realize that you have some work to do. More and more people will be asking questions about your movements unless you try to normalize relations with your fellow man.
It's time to get out of the bunker pal. You're making us nervous

You're making me nervous...your post was obviously a knee-jerk reaction to the recent murder suicide
story involving the ex-pilot. What worries me is why a certain part of that story stuck in your mind:
"9/11conspiracy theorists."

I don't watch the lying MSM but I'm sure that angle was played like a Stradivari violin, wooing the
masses with the "buzzwords".

My work involves educating the naive and easily manipulated. And trying to catch those that
aren't too far gone already. I already put up with enough conversation from addled-minded sheep
to distracted to care about anything but their bright colored personal possessions, or which meadow
to graze.

edit on 5-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

Remember that those who believe these shootings are the work of shadow groups and not the work of wackos are in the minority. You know that right? That your opinion of government cover up is shared by a small, volatile, and highly paranoid section of the public?

And did you know that the Earth was once considered flat by the HUGE majority.

If you thought otherwise...you were a heretic.

Heretic is Olde English for "conspiracy theorist"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Your news sources have slowly but surely been marinated in corruption and blatant money scamming.
Ten years ago it wasn't so bad but now we know that many "non-msn" sites cater to hoaxes and feeble presumptions just to get page views.

MSM isn't perfect either, but MSM is far better at getting the truth these days. Rense.com over Reuters or BBC?
I think not lol.
Up to you I guess
But dont think that your news sources ar bulletproof, as they're definitely not.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

One thing I do know is, that if your a govt. agent, YOU should be paranoid of truthers!
They are your worst nightmare.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Ahh yes, the old "you're an agent of the msm shadow world" line

maybe? but... I don't want to make you paranoid. I'm just a normal bloke

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by rival

Your news sources have slowly but surely been marinated in corruption and blatant money scamming.
Ten years ago it wasn't so bad but now we know that many "non-msn" sites cater to hoaxes and feeble presumptions just to get page views.

MSM isn't perfect either, but MSM is far better at getting the truth these days. Rense.com over Reuters or BBC?
I think not lol.
Up to you I guess
But dont think that your news sources ar bulletproof, as they're definitely not.

MSM is owned by a handful of bankers. There in it to inslave you with debt, bankrupt you and take all your assest from you for pennys on the dollar. Yet you still engorge yourself with the MSM wealth of falls information as they slowly poison your food and water supply with GMO foods, all for the mighty dollar.

Your problem is you take what the MSM as fact and don’t question the “official” story. Here on ATS we always question the “official” story. Where not sheep for the slaughter.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I wouldnt consider myself a prepper. I am however prepared. Mentally, Physically, Spiritually etc. I WOULD consider myself a truther. Being in the entertainment industry I understand the inner workings of the industry and the stranglehold the illuminati have through the Rockefeller media empire. Perception of the masses is being manipulated whether you care to accept it or not. They would prefer you not to so do you and remain blissfully unaware. I would say protect your own, but your own kind prefers to stay completely vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

From what I've made of you, you are a paranoid delusional.
That is far from normal and you seem to have no grasp of reality, and that you would have a problem with "truth" doesn't speak well for your morals either.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A defense lawyer for the SH killer would try to use your tactics. maybe.
"Your honor I request my client Mr. Lanza be dismissed from all charges do to the fact that we found an antenna in his head and he was obviously controlled by the government."
Do you know how utterly stupid that sounds? That's what many of you people sound like.

Your whimsical fantasies are an affront to the victims.

Your DEFENDING HIM!

shame.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A defense lawyer for the SH killer would try to use your tactics. maybe.
"Your honor I request my client Mr. Lanza be dismissed from all charges do to the fact that we found an antenna in his head and he was obviously controlled by the government."
Do you know how utterly stupid that sounds? That's what many of you people sound like.

Your whimsical fantasies are an affront to the victims.

Your DEFENDING HIM!

shame.

I think your the one out of touch here. You’re going on these rambling rants and fantasy scenarios in your mind about people with antennas in there head, where do you come up with this stuff? Your pointing the finger at others yet you have 3 pointing back at you.

You have yet to provide any evidence that shows anyone here defending a killer

edit on 5-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You obviously have done no research into Monarch Programming or how these things are done. You sound so silly its almost like you're agreeing with (most of) us.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I meant to expand on it to clarify and forgot.

I used to work for the local park service. Crazy people are attracted to the park for some reason. We had to deal with them all the time. But it doesn't mean that all people who visit the park are crazy. Most people just want to smell the daisies.

That was the point I was trying to get too.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Any thread or post that diverts blame from the shooter to "government mind control" is defending the shooter.
But you know this.

"Monarch mind control" search on google.
vigilantcitizen.com...

first link, from...Vigilantcitizen lmao... wacko prepper truther tea party site, nice try but proves my point. Can you say "I patrol my backyard every night with a loaded ar-15" ??
lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join