It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5's and 6's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Hexagonal Projections of the Platonic Solids

Why is this significant?

Dr. Hans Jenny's experiments demonstrate that Platonic Solids emerge as standing wave interference patterns in spherical volumes. The Platonic Solids are the blueprint for the self organizing universe.

It goes deeper.... but some of the participants in this thread seem more interested in thug life... so I'll just leave it alone.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Oceanborn

History proves you wrong. Early Christians did use many things today such as the star.

Nice word play. They didn't use the star. Today? Maybe early Christians did today who knows people like to lie

edit on 6-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

IDK I haven't had time to go down that route. It is all based on scientific theories from my understanding, and then loosely tied into the topic. I will go back when I have more time.

Who is "interested in the thug life"?

Why don't you tell us how these platonic solids relate to many organizations gangs or not using 5 and 6 point stars?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

Ironic in totem poles, the lowest station is a place of honor.

reply to post by NarrowGate

Well they did use the star as it represented the birth of Christ and they used the Aquarius symbol as well. They eventually would use the Paschal Lamb and then eventually the Cross/Crucifix.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Well they did use the star as it represented the birth of Christ and they used the Aquarius symbol as well. They eventually would use the Paschal Lamb and then eventually the Cross/Crucifix.

Can you provide anything that shows that Christians used the star and/or the aquarius symbol etc?

As for the star representing the birth of Christ,it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

Can you provide anything that shows that Christians used the star and/or the aquarius symbol etc?

Well I know we have been using the Cross/Crucifix from the beginning so the time line definitely has to be off, at the least.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Very interesting. Not sure exactly how much it ties into the organizations that use 5 and 6 point stars (none us 7-9 or 3-4 point stars it seems).

Still awesome post. Especially that last bit from NASA. Thank you for posting. I just learned something cooler than I could have hoped for when I made this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So you're saying the star has no meaning or symbolic representation in Christianity? Really?

The pentagram was used a symbol for centuries and it represented the 5-wounds of Christ, the 5 senses, the 5 joys of Mary, and the Alpha and Omega. You see the pentagram in literature of the 14th century. Constantine the Great had a pentagram as his seal.

The adaptation of the pentagram into an evil device is a modern invention.

As for the fish, are you really going to lie and say the fish symbol has no relevance in Christianity? Please research the 'Ichthys' and come back to us.

The cross hasn't been used since the beginning. It was very rare in Christian iconography and you didn't really see it until the 2nd/3rd century and it didn't come into big use until the time of Constantine and his miraculous vision. The crucifix wasn't really used until the 6th century.

The cross like other symbols far pre-date the Christian era.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here is a link that might help you out.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The pentagram was used a symbol for centuries and it represented the 5-wounds of Christ

They weren't five,read my first post in this thread.

the 5 senses

Irrelevant.

the 5 joys of Mary

We're talking about worshiping of Christ,not of worshiping of Mary.

Alpha and Omega.

So far in this thread nothing indicates that "early christians" even used such a symbol. When and if something comes up then we can discuss about it "representing the alpha and the omega".

Constantine the Great had a pentagram as his seal.

I did a quick google search and I couldn't find anything about it.

The adaptation of the pentagram into an evil device is a modern invention.

You don't know if it wasn't evil in the past too.

As for the fish, are you really going to lie and say the fish symbol has no relevance in Christianity? Please research the 'Ichthys' and come back to us.

So far I haven't found relevance if that symbol to Christianity and if you're gonna call me a liar,either back it up or be found a liar yourself.
If you wanna play the "early christians" game then you have to add something more than that. For example,who those "christians" were. What,the usage of those symbols are the only thing recorded? That's quite suspicious.
I am aware that fish have been mentioned in the New Testament but so has bread. Should we make symbols of bread?
They are plenty of things mentioned in the NT.

So you're saying the star has no meaning or symbolic representation in Christianity? Really?

It acted as a quide for the three wise men but doesn't make it a symbol.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Oceanborn because: Changed a part to make it more clear.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I see that it has a bunch of symbols about things that are mentioned in the NT,it says "it was used by christians" and that's it. Are you kidding me?
edit on 6-2-2013 by Oceanborn because: Just saw your edit. I insist,you have to be kidding me.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I see that it has a bunch of symbols about things that are mentioned in the NT,it says "it was used by christians" and that's it. Are you kidding me?

I am very sorry to keep doing this, but I keep finding information that says you are wrong.

During the times of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament), the pentacle was the first and most important of the Seven Seals – an amulet whose seals represented the seven secret names of God. It was inscribed on King Solomon’s ring, which is often called Solomon’s Seal in error. Each point of the pentagram was also interpreted as referring to the five books of the Pentateuch – the first five books in the Hebrew Scriptures; the Torah. To the Hebrews the five points of the pentagram were tied to the Pentateuch (the first five books of the bible) and represented as a whole the concept of truth. There are many connections between the pentagram and Christianity. Before the cross, it was a preferred emblem to adorn the jewelry and amulets of early Christians (followed by an ‘x’ or a phoenix). The pentagram was associated with the five wounds of Christ, and because it could be drawn in one continuous movement of the pen, the Alpha and the Omega as one.

Perhaps you have something other than your word?

edit to add:
And no, I am not kidding you. I am as serious as a heart attack.
edit on 6-2-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your interpretation is meaningless. In Christian tradition there are 5 wounds of Christ.

The 5 senses are irrelevant?

So far in this thread nothing indicates that "early christians" even used such a symbol. When and if something comes up then we can discuss about it "representing the alpha and the omega".

Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

I did a quick google search and I couldn't find anything about it.

Search harder.

You don't know if it wasn't evil in the past too.

This is the game you're going to play now? Really?

So far I haven't found relevance if that symbol to Christianity and if you're gonna call me a liar,either back it up or be found a liar yourself.

Like I said, do some research, I'm not going to hold your hand.

For example,who those "christians" were.

There were many sects of Christianity in the early years.

What,the usage of those symbols are the only thing recorded? That's quite suspicious.

You have such a simplistic, narrow view. I feel sorry for people like you.

I am aware that fish have been mentioned in the New Testament but so has bread. Should we make symbols of bread?

The Eucharist?

It acted as a quide for the three wise men but doesn't make it a symbol.

Well, I disagree and so do many others.
edit on 6-2-2013 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I can't see your second link because I have to update my adobe acrobat.

From your first link:

The Greek spelling for ichthus is -- Iota, Chi, Theta, Upsilon, and Sigma. The English translation is IXOYE. The five Greek letters stand for the words meaning, “Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior.” The Greek rendering is, “Iesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter”.
This symbol was used primarily amongst Christians of the early church years (1st and 2nd century A.D.) The symbol was introduced from Alexandria, Egypt; which at the time, was a very heavily populated seaport. It was the port in which many goods were brought over from the European continent. Because of this, it was first used by the peoples of the sea as a symbol of a familiar deity, in this case, Jesus Christ.

Assuming this is correct,do we even know who these people were?

Your third link,which is the one you quoted doesn't give sources unless I missed it.
They also claims again and again that Christ had five wounds which is false.

My word? You guys make the claims so you're the ones who should back them up with something more than just other people's words. They just say those things as if they're facts.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Your interpretation is meaningless. In Christian tradition there are 5 wounds of Christ.

So the whipping and the crown of thorns are not mentioned? They are mentioned so they're included in the Christian traditions.

Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

Which doesn't mean people should have as a symbol the pentagram.

Search harder.

If it exists you would provide it to strengthen your case.

This is the game you're going to play now? Really?

Not a "game",it's true that you don't know that. For all we know it could've been used as evil.

Like I said, do some research, I'm not going to hold your hand.

Or back up your claims as I see so far.

So you say but why should I just take your word for it? Because a web site owner said so?

The Eucharist?

It's not a symbol of bread. It is though a symbolism which reenacts what Christ did in the last supper. Not of bread itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

My word? You guys make the claims so you're the ones who should back them up with something more than just other people's words. They just say those things as if they're facts.

My you must have injured your GOOGLE finger. Here, let me do this for you.....
After you click this link and read what it says, then please click the Bibliography link on the page. If you require the books used to support the documentation, you will have to purchase those on your own. Sorry I can't do EVERY DAMN thing for you. I have limitations.

Star (5-Pointed) The five-pointed star is the star of Bethlehem. Shaped roughly like a human being, it represents Jesus' incarnation. The Christian five-pointed star should be distinguished from the pagan pentagram, which is formed of five lines which intersect. Most often shown upside down, the pentagram is associated with satanic ritual. Num. 24:17 "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. (NIV) Matt. 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi(n) from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east(n) and have come to worship him." (NIV) Season: Advent, Epiphany

Bibliography These books were used as source material for this site. Click the link for more information about each book.

Now how about we see what you have to offer.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So you say but why should I just take your word for it? Because a web site owner said so?

Please tell me you are kidding and you are not this dense. It's called HISTORY. Look into it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My you must have injured your GOOGLE finger. Here, let me do this for you.....

First of all,I don't get why you and KsigMason have such an attitude against me. Was it because I asked him to provide sources for it? When did it become such a bad thing?

In what you've quoted it says this:

The Christian five-pointed star should be distinguished from the pagan pentagram, which is formed of five lines which intersect. Most often shown upside down, the pentagram is associated with satanic ritual.

So,first of all,the "pentagram" theory goes out of the window. I believe that since you posted this,you agree with me.
Now about the star (but NOT the pentagram). It says nothing about 5 wounds or anything else of the same mindset. It does show where it is mentioned but it's not necessary to be used as a symbol either.

That's pretty much it. I do know that people use it now while celebrating Christmas but that doesn't mean they have to.

So,I'll agree about the star (but not the pentagram) that has been used because of those two references in the scriptures that you posted. Not because of numbers etc but because it was the guide of the wise men.

Please tell me you are kidding and you are not this dense. It's called HISTORY. Look into it.

I'm dense because I'm asking something more than just his word? If it's in history and you've read it yourself then do tell me where exactly it is.
"It's called HISTORY. Look into it." is not enough,I can make a bunch of claims myself by using that and let others looking for it till the end of times.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

The cross hasn't been used since the beginning. It was very rare in Christian iconography and you didn't really see it until the 2nd/3rd century and it didn't come into big use until the time of Constantine and his miraculous vision. The crucifix wasn't really used until the 6th century.

The cross like other symbols far pre-date the Christian era.

You contradict yourself where I put that in bold.

Yes you can find examples of crosses being used before Jesus was Crucified. That does not mean there is "pagan influence" in Christianity.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

History has different versions. You are talking to two Freemasons.

eta: As far as the star and pentagram goes, they are not lying to you. But that does not explain the rest of the connections made between organizations that use 5 and 6 point stars...
edit on 6-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join