It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5's and 6's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So what's the deal with 5 and 6 point stars???

Almost every set in American gangs "fall under" the 5 or the 6 point star. GD's and VL's, which are international. That makes me think it is probably like that everywhere.

You can find 5 and 6 point stars almost everywhere, unrelated to gangs. 5 and 6 point star representing people are normally in opposition to each other.

I know for many people, girls especially, a star tattooed on them means nothing. So sift through the BS and look at organizations that use these symbols.

Why do they use them and are they connected? I get the Star of David but after that I am completely lost.

And to any GDs or VLs that read this - stop working for those B* N*. In case you haven't noticed all the bosses are snitches. They will trade you. You are a pawn. A foolish pawn at that. Money does not make the world go round, contrary to popular belief. That would be the gravitational effect of the sun. I don't care how many tattoos you got, you can turn back. No matter how many snitches threaten to kill you if you leave - you can leave. That's who you are working for btw - snitches. Who will kill you if you snitch on them. Getting the idea yet?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The pentagram has evolved from a pre-Christian symbol for a Mesopotamian city, to a symbol for health and the heavens, to an early Christian symbol for Christ Transfigured, or truth, and then to a mediaeval talisman to guard against evil. It is only in the later twentieth century and the creation of the American Church of Satan that the inverted pentagram has become popularly perceived as a symbol for Satan.
LINK
This is from the Church of Satan

The pentagram or pentalpha is a symbol which has long been affiliated with demonic activity. From at least the early Middle Ages an entire genre of ritual magic handbooks and manuals has claimed to originate from King Solomon based, no doubt, on his legendary reputation for conjuring and employing demons in the construction of his temple. Among the oldest of these grimoires is the Testament of Solomon dating from perhaps as early as the First Century BC. This text includes a diagram of the pentalpha and relates that Solomon had a ring inscribed with that symbol which gave to him the ability to call forth demons and to have them work his will. The image in the manuscript shows the star point up. Inscribed on a ring however, the direction of the point might be immaterial as it could be perceived either way.

The 6-pointed star is not a Jewish symbol, but an Egyptian symbol which Israel adopted in the wilderness due to their apostasy
B. The six pointed star is associated with the worship of Saturn. Therefore, the beast is Saturn (Satan) and his mark is the 6-pointed star.
C. In ancient pagan mythology, Saturn ruled over the pre-Flood kingdom of Atlantis and became the divine ancestor of all earthly patriarchs and kings.
D. The Six-Pointed Star is engraved on the Talisman of Saturn which is used in ritual magic.
E. Noah was worshipped as Saturn, Oannes and the Philistine god, Dagon -- all Fish-gods.
F. King Solomon reintroduced the 6-Pointed Star to the Kingdom of Israel.
G. The Mark of the Beast will be the symbol of the "Beast out of the Sea" with 7 heads, which will be the earthly counterpart of Satan, the 7-headed Dragon.
H. The 7 heads represent the 7 kings of 7 Gentile world kingdoms controlled by Satan which have conquered Israel.

LINK

The 6 pointed star is of great importance in Buddhism and Hinduism however.

edit on 5-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

snitches end up in ditches

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Now, I know that there are many organizations that use these symbols. Are any of them in any way connected to and/or profiting from the gangs that also use them? If so, do you have evidence?

I bring this up because I have seen the connection made often. I have never seen proof though.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
2D representations of 2 of the 5 platonic solids....

Platonic
edit on 5-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

snitches end up in ditches

Tell that to the bosses. They are the ones who like to say that so often, yet they are so often the snitches. Then they say "who is left to snitch on? Im the boss." As if everyone is dumb enough to buy that, and turns out many are.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Both these stars have magical properties.

#updating in a while.

IDK about magical but do update.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Platonic

I'm sorry what? That is an article on 4d objects. Are you saying they are representing objects in the fourth dimension? Not sure if I can buy that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think the six point star was originally the two pyramids put together to represent "As it is above it is below" I can't remember what the base of the five point star was off hand. I remember somewhere it was supposed to represent man with his four limbs and head. That explanation seemed sketchy to me because the same culture had a symbol for man already.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Platonic

I'm sorry what? That is an article on 4d objects. Are you saying they are representing objects in the fourth dimension? Not sure if I can buy that.

You must have skipped over the first part of the page.... where it clearly shows all five platonic solids, animated no less....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

...an early Christian symbol for Christ Transfigured

Don't fall for this inj3ct0r,the pentagram comes from mystical schools.

Some people say that "early christians"(how original) believed that it symbolizes Christ's five wounds. First of all Christ didn't have five wounds,count them with me:
Two on His hands and two on His feet -> four. One of the sword -> five. One group of wounds He got from the whipping and another group of wounds from the thorns on His head.
As you can see,He had at least seven wounds.

Now comes the cherry on the top: Those anonymous "early christians" were using the pentagram in medieval ages. Those ages were the best for fake christians to commit crimes.
Don't fall for it.

As for the "transfigured" thing,it's the very first time I read such a thing. I looked at the article and the author didn't provide a source for it.

You'll read and hear claims that start with "early christians" plenty of times. Most of the times it means "my imagination says".

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

History proves you wrong. Early Christians did use many things today such as the star.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't understand the question. Do you mean as opposed to 3 or 4 pointed stars?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I don't understand the question. Do you mean as opposed to 3 or 4 pointed stars?

You mean to tell me you honestly don't understand? OK I will play your game:

Or are you trying to say it is just a representation of a star and nothing more?

Or are you referring to organizations that use 3 or 4 point stars?

Or are you just trying to be cryptic?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"Who they going to tell? We top of the totem pole"
edit on 5-2-2013 by bo12au because: *Sarcasm

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, I've seen some nice 7 and 9 pointed stars...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hexagons, pentagons, hexagrams and pentagrams have many cultural associations. But I assume all source from the natural structure of numbers. No one human faith can hold the symbolism of these objects, because they pre-date humans, and life on this earth. I'd suggest studying geometry if you want to know why religions and cults have obsessed over these figures.

for example:

"The Number 37 is geometrically integrated with the Number 73 - it is the Hexagonal heart of 73 as Star, so 37 / 73 is a Hexagon / Star pair. The Number 37 is also the first number greater than unity that can be represented as both a Centered Hexagon and a Star:

Such numbers are extremely rare. Here is a list of the first twelve numbers that are both Centered Hexagons and Stars:

1, 37, 1261, 42841, 1455337, 49438621, 1679457781, 57052125937, 1938092824081, 65838103892821, 2236557439531837, 75977114840189641"

There are 73 books in the Catholic bible, etc.

Medieval Cosmati mosaic in Westminster Abbey, London:

Then there are Hexagons in physical nature, like the pole of Saturn:

www.nasa.gov...

""This is a very strange feature, lying in a precise geometric fashion with six nearly equally straight sides," said Kevin Baines, atmospheric expert and member of Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. "We've never seen anything like this on any other planet. Indeed, Saturn's thick atmosphere where circularly-shaped waves and convective cells dominate is perhaps the last place you'd expect to see such a six-sided geometric figure, yet there it is."

If you skip to 4:52 onwards here, you will see a cello vibrating particles on a plane, producing pentagonal geometry.

I dunno, too many reasons to use both hexagons and pentagons, for both scientific and esoteric reasons. These figures are infused in nature.
edit on 5-2-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Well, I've seen some nice 7 and 9 pointed stars...

Now both of you are suspect.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
"Who they going to tell? We top of the totem pole"
edit on 5-2-2013 by bo12au because: *Sarcasm

HAHAHA no amount of riches changes the fact they are snitches.

Isn't first last anyways?

eta: For those who didn't know, he was referring to a recent line by Jay-Z. Who many of your kids listen to.

Jay-Z is an ADMITTED false Christian and also influenced the sh*t out of rap. Different topic though.
edit on 5-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join