It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are my dogs gay?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have two dogs, both females. They used to play with each other like normal dogs but as they get older all they do is hump each other. I try to interrupt them when I see it because I also have two little kids and have no desire to explain what the hell the dogs are doing jut yet. They call it dancing and that's cool with me for now.

Now they don't do it when I can see them unless I have guests in the house. When I'm alone in the room with them they go hide and do it over there, but when I have company they make sure that everybody see what they are doing. First they bark until people start paying attention to them and when everybody is looking they begin humping each other. It;s like they want to embarrass me.

Are they lesbians or just activists for gay marriage?

edit on 5-2-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Dogs hump each other as a way to show dominance over another dog... they are pack animals by nature. There is nothing sexual about it, it is to establish who the dominate, or "alpha" dog is

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Yeppers, that's all it is!!

OP, who cares??
They love you as long as you are good to them, hell they love you anyway!
No matter what race, creed, political party, kink, whatever.
Dogs just want to make us happy, I aim to do the same for mine!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sounds like they are either exhibitionists or didnt get enough pats from daddy and are just acting out for attention.

Im guessing therye just teenagers expolring themselves, give it a few years and after they meet a nice male dog and settle down with some puppies they will probably be as embarrassed about the whole thing as you are.

If you catch them putting on shows for older male dogs though might be a good idea to get them in some counselling
edit on 5/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You don't say how old they are?
I'm just wondering, because if they are younger, you may want to keep an eye on them. If they don't settle the "dominate" issue soon, it may lead to fighting between them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Personally, I think this↓ is fairly accurate.

[align=center][color=9FA18C]Dogs they roam
Remember where their home is
Everyone they meet
Chase away their enemies

Hang out in the shade
Always in the shade
[color=FFFF4D]When it's time to mate
they're not too particular

[color=838573]Dogs they rule the night!
They rule the night
Dogs they rule the night![/align]

Originally posted by whatsecret

When I'm alone in the room with them they go hide and do it over there....
I cannot help but to wonder exactly where they hide at.
Have you ever found them in the closet?

It;s like they want to embarrass me.
As long as you're not joining in, or watching intensively, you shouldn't be embarrassed about it.

edit on 2/5/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
You don't say how old they are?
I'm just wondering, because if they are younger, you may want to keep an eye on them. If they don't settle the "dominate" issue soon, it may lead to fighting between them.

They are four and five years old. They take turns and seem to enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi OP,

Quite normal pecking order behaviour for dogs, whether it be dog vs bitch, dog vs dog or bitch vs bitch.

You will often find also that when they have been having a real good play and are extremely excited that the humping will start or also when there are many people at your home.

Just dogs being dogs and following natural pack behaviour.

You are lucky, i have 4 dogs (3 males and 1 bitch), in-between humping each other, all 4 of them also hump our 2 cats!!! (Cats don't seem to mind).

Kindest furry respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Dogs hump each other as a way to show dominance over another dog... they are pack animals by nature. There is nothing sexual about it, it is to establish who the dominate, or "alpha" dog is

Dogs also do this when they are over-excited during play. A majority of the time, it's to show dominance, but other times it's simply because they became over-excited.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I cannot help but to wonder exactly where they hide at. Have you ever found them in the closet?

They go to the other room or under the table. Their favorite place is in the laundry room between the washer and dryer machines.

As long as you're not joining in, or watching intensively, you shouldn't be embarrassed about it.

lol.. They're my babies and I love them very much, just not that much.

Most people think it's awesome how they get everyone's attention and then go at it. But I still think it's embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You think that's bad, that's nothing. Wait till they get jealous over a hot looking dog, then it will become a blood bath.
Oh, the joys of cleaning walls.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yep, nothing worse than 2 girls fighting over a man,

All that fur pulling and biting!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Basically, OP, what we're saying is it's perfectly natural and there's nothing to worry about for the moment. They're just trying to establish who is the leader among themselves or play-fighting for dominance. Two of my dogs (3 year old mini border collie and 5 year old blue heeler) do something similar often when playing.

Just keep an eye on them and make sure that it doesn't get farther than them humping for dominance. Often, when they cannot establish dominance, things can escalate to an actual fight for dominance. Just watch them and if it seems like they're getting over exaggerated or you see any signs of anger (head down, growling with teeth showing, hair on their backs and necks standing up) carefully pull them apart and separate them for a while.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

activists for gay marriage?

Yes!

Both my bitches do the same... and due to me not training them at all, my eldest JR also humps me! Great little conga line at times, my eldest JR humping my leg, whilst my youngest JR humps my eldest. *sigh*

My eldest JR is the alpha (and that includes over me. Ack). She doesn't mind my youngest pretending to be the alpha, by humping her, telling her off, and basically diciplining her. Quite funny, as the eldest is the mother of the youngest. However, my eldest will let the youngest know now and then who the boss really is (if there's goodies on offer for example). Both of them hump the kitten!!! And they will try to hump my tomcat, but he won't have any of that sort of behaviour.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion

Basically, OP, what we're saying is it's perfectly natural and there's nothing to worry about for the moment. They're just trying to establish who is the leader among themselves or play-fighting for dominance. Two of my dogs (3 year old mini border collie and 5 year old blue heeler) do something similar often when playing.

Just keep an eye on them and make sure that it doesn't get farther than them humping for dominance. Often, when they cannot establish dominance, things can escalate to an actual fight for dominance. Just watch them and if it seems like they're getting over exaggerated or you see any signs of anger (head down, growling with teeth showing, hair on their backs and necks standing up) carefully pull them apart and separate them for a while.

Will do.. Thank you for the advice.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Will do.. Thank you for the advice.

You're very welcome, OP. I actually just posted a thread about this for advice, but one of the things I'm considering going back to school for is to become a Behavior Expert, so helping people with things like this is what that's all about.

I do a lot of research as to why animals (mostly dogs) act the way they do, so I know a bit about situations such as this one.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What breed are they? That'll tell a lot.

Honestly, it is a dominance thing, as others have said. When company is over, they perceive others joining their pack, and choose to exact the alpha ritual.

I have 3 male dogs, and the youngest, a GSD, tries to be alpha all the time. His sire has no qualms about showing him who's really Alpha.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

What breed are they? That'll tell a lot.

Honestly, it is a dominance thing, as others have said. When company is over, they perceive others joining their pack, and choose to exact the alpha ritual.

I have 3 male dogs, and the youngest, a GSD, tries to be alpha all the time. His sire has no qualms about showing him who's really Alpha.

They are both Bichons.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It sounds like they are pretty far down the dark path of sodomy, which leads of course, to the eternal inferno. All I can suggest is that you read Deuteronomy to them as much as possible, and pray for their salvation.

Or you could stone them to death.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
nice lesbian dogs eh
edit on 5-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join