It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl halftime stage actually face-goblet illusion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
During the Superbowl I noticed that the stage which looked like this..

imageshack.us...

also looks very similar to this face-goblet illusion..

imageshack.us...

we all know from past Superbowl halftime shows there has been vast amounts of occult symbolism.

I was reading that the Greeks used what they called 'apotropaic magic' by placing eyes on items to avert evil or bring good fortune but since they are on the outside of the goblet it has a different meaning. I mean maybe this is all a bit of a stretch but thats what we're here for to speculate right?!

any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

HERE :-

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Apparently it's known as a Rubin Vase.

Rubin's vase (sometimes known as the Rubin face or the figure–ground vase) is a famous set of ambiguous or bi-stable (i.e., reversing) two-dimensional forms developed around 1915 by the Danish psychologist Edgar Rubin.

I bet this was done on purpose because of all the controversy surrounding Madonna's halftime stage last year.

More from Wiki:

The stereotypical example has a vase in the center, and a face matching its contour (since it is symmetrical, there is a matching face on the other side).

So the presence of the eyes is to draw your attention to the faces, rather than the vase shape.
edit on 5-2-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
reply to post by oneness86

HERE :-

yeah its almost a spitting image, upside down. rotate the first image.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I thought that was pretty obvious....
and there's nothing sinister about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

i think your right about the eyes drawing your attention off the center, i just realized the eyes are slightly different around each of the irises.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I can't believe you missed the other times it showed. It was at the very beginning. The explosion forms this image on the feild.

The camera then flies from bottom to top with colored and lit smoke like a bubbling brew coming from the vase to reveal Beyonce with the rest of Destinys Child coming out a bit later. Beyonce then enters the Caldron(vase) and takes the stage in the bottom of the caldron.

Then there is a sunburst pattern with them laying on the floor in a kaleidoscope fashion to further the illusion theme.

Then there is the concentric lines to even further the illusion theme.

And finally a view of Rubins Vase again with the bottom complete showing her as an ingredient of the illusion. The faces are the distraction here.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join