It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourists Raped by gang. Rival with....Knights Templar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In reading this article, I did a double take.
Article

The attackers gagged and tied up the men with phone cables and then raped the women, who they had bound up with their own bikinis. Police received an emergency call at 7am, five hours after the tourists' ordeal had started. A number of credit cards and tablets and 7.800 pesos (£390) were also stolen from the tourists, who are reportedly all under 30 years of age. Acapulco's state of Guerrero is experiencing a bloody turf war between drugs gangs between the Michoacan Family and the Knights Templar.

So my question is, are the "Knights Templar" listed here, a name for another Cartel?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yup

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
So my question is, are the "Knights Templar" listed here, a name for another Cartel?

That would be correct.

They are described as a "quasi-religious" drug cartel.

Even hung banners up to welcome the Pope last year:

Through several blankets were hung this morning in different municipalities of the state, The Knights Templar "welcome" to Pope Benedict XVI to the Guanajuato area and ensure that not cause violence during their visit. "Welcome Pope," said the message.
www.proceso.com.mx (link is in Spanish)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The Knights Templar Cartel (Spanish: Caballeros Templarios) is a Mexican criminal organization and an offshoot of the La Familia Michoacana drug cartel based in the Mexican state of Michoacán.[3][4]

they have a wikipedia page

La Familia Michoacana, (English: The Michoacán Family) La Familia (English: The Family), or LFM[4] was a Mexican drug cartel and an organized crime syndicate based in the Mexican state of Michoacán.[5] Formerly allied to the Gulf Cartel—as part of Los Zetas[6][7]—it split off on 2006.[6][8]
and here is a wiki for the michacan drug cartel

it seems that 'knights templar' is just a coincidental oddity in the translation, o'delay!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
in a related story ...

Mexico Drug War: 'I am a Templar Knight' Scrawled on 16 Tortured Corpses [GRAPHIC IMAGES]

The words "I am a Templar Knight" were written with a felt tip pen on the chest or on the back of some of the victims.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...Another grim message was painted on the red vehicle with a black spray. It read: "Simply Michoacan Family", local media reported.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I know it's easier to post here for reaction,
But Google is wonderful thing, No of course it's not a cartel name, it's knights alive from 100's of years ago trying to regain their fortune and apparently welcoming the man that destroyed their order. There's a martial arts school near me called Knights Templar do you think I should go rushing in and expose the conspiracy for a pointless post or is it maybe just a company name ?

edit on 5-2-2013 by cody599 because: Needed to add to original

edit on 5-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Terrible crime and completely dispicable - the effect on those victims is awful...

Knights Templar or whatever..they are a bunch of cowardly pigs......

I'll be in South America soon, keep my eyes open .........

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I was so angered i doubled posted...sorry
edit on 5-2-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

The Knights Templar Cartel (Spanish: Caballeros Templarios) is a Mexican criminal organization and an offshoot of the La Familia Michoacana drug cartel based in the Mexican state of Michoacán.[3][4]

they have a wikipedia page

La Familia Michoacana, (English: The Michoacán Family) La Familia (English: The Family), or LFM[4] was a Mexican drug cartel and an organized crime syndicate based in the Mexican state of Michoacán.[5] Formerly allied to the Gulf Cartel—as part of Los Zetas[6][7]—it split off on 2006.[6][8]
and here is a wiki for the michacan drug cartel

it seems that 'knights templar' is just a coincidental oddity in the translation, o'delay!

The Drug War strategy in recent years has been to seek out and eliminate the drug lords, or cartel heads, and weaken the outfit - hence causing splintering and rivalries after a leader is taken out. An active part of this strategy, that of the CIA advisors in Mexico, is ostensibly to weaken the gang - and make it more susceptible to a takeover by the Zetas, the rogue breakaway CIA-trained gang [La Familia's merger with a Zeta faction and breakaway of the Templarios].

Just for drill, find out who the US drug lords are - read-up on Mena, AR. It is easy to see why the US drug war is aimed at the residential level and potentially to embarrassing to pursue upwards. Now try to discover when the UK ended their opium trade with the Orient - or did they just take it global instead?

Shame on all these druggies for their inexcusable behavior. The Drug War is a sham meant to divide, conquer, and take control of massive amounts of money and power. The Drug War is all about controlling drug traffic, never about stopping it. Cash cows are to be milked for all they are worth, never slaughtered. ¡Órale!

reply to post by network dude

Originally posted by network dude
In reading this article, I did a double take.
Article

The attackers gagged and tied up the men with phone cables and then raped the women, who they had bound up with their own bikinis. Police received an emergency call at 7am, five hours after the tourists' ordeal had started. A number of credit cards and tablets and 7.800 pesos (£390) were also stolen from the tourists, who are reportedly all under 30 years of age. Acapulco's state of Guerrero is experiencing a bloody turf war between drugs gangs between the Michoacan Family and the Knights Templar.

I had to do a double-take also. This article does not say either La Familia nor Caballeros Templarios are responsible for this robbery, not blaming one or the other. Your quote that tied them together was from two different paragraphs from different parts of the article. It is a possibility one of those gangs members were the perpetrators, or just as likely is unrelated from what is reported there. The police or reporters may be willing to blame the crime on gang members but not willing or able to name which one, which is the same as saying they just don't know for sure. But hey, if it bleeds it leads.

And yes, Caballeros Templarios translates into Knights Templars and with deliberate intent to emulate that elite and ancient band of cutthroats.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join