Take a Rare Look at How Obama Decides to Send Drones to Kill Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by NarrowGate

US citizens should be arrested, tried and convicted.....
before they are executed.

If it's okay to do it in Pakistan (not to mention blowing up children), how long before they let us have it, here in our own country, under the same 'rules of engagement'?
edit on 5-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

There are many in Pakistan that would love to blow up your children. Unlike them, when the US does it we don't mean to. We mean to take out terrorist ring leaders.....

People just get to feeling so safe because they are not the ones shooting it out with the extremists
. Then they complain about the ones protecting them.

You want to know where you should turn your attention to? The prison industry. The Military has problems, but they will be worked out in due time because it is profitable to do so. The prison industry, on the other hand, has no profit in fixing the problems. No short term profit anyways (IE financial).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let me share a story with you.... My father was a highly decorated Green Beret in Vietnam. He was also a medic. He served from 1964 to 1969 - WILLINGLY. During his tour, he treated wounded Vietcong soldiers. Why, you ask??? Because as long as he was treating the sick and wounded, even knowing they were Vietcong, they allowed him to enter and leave their regions without harm. It was during one of these visits that my father rescued the very first POW to escape a Vietcong camp.

Just because someone is physically in "enemy territory" or even undergoing actions that seem to support the "enemy" does NOT mean they are anti-American or supporting a terrorist cause.

In a similar example, look at all the undercover agents who work with gangs or cartels??? The government cannot just start indiscriminately MURDERING people because they are in the vicinity of known illegal or terrorist activity. The guy behind the trigger does NOT have the authority to make that call UNLESS they are under fire or imminent threat.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Let me share a story with you.... My father was a highly decorated Green Beret in Vietnam. He was also a medic. He served from 1964 to 1969 - WILLINGLY. During his tour, he treated wounded Vietcong soldiers. Why, you ask??? Because as long as he was treating the sick and wounded, even knowing they were Vietcong, they allowed him to enter and leave their regions without harm. It was during one of these visits that my father rescued the very first POW to escape a Vietcong camp.

Being in a SOFD the rules were slightly different for him. Sounds like your father did a lot of good over there.

Just because someone is physically in "enemy territory" or even undergoing actions that seem to support the "enemy" does NOT mean they are anti-American or supporting a terrorist cause.

As you know, it depends on why they are there. If you are traveling to terrorist controlled territory, it's a good idea to let someone know ahead of time why you are doing it and whose side you are on.

In a similar example, look at all the undercover agents who work with gangs or cartels??? The government cannot just start indiscriminately MURDERING people because they are in the vicinity of known illegal or terrorist activity. The guy behind the trigger does NOT have the authority to make that call UNLESS they are under fire or imminent threat.

Our economy would fail without the drug trade. That is an entirely different story. It is also good to keep terrorists AND cartels out of that market, which can be done. IDK why it hasn't.

Point is a drug dealer and a terrorist are VERY different. A drug dealer is looking to get paid - a terrorist is looking to kill. Big difference. Keep terrorists out of the drug trade. IDK why we let BMF run it for so long, they were (and still are) a group of violent snitches. Seems like we are dropping the ball here.

The war on drugs is a joke. The war on terror is serious.
edit on 5-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

“Targeting a member of an enemy force who poses an imminent threat of violent attack to the United States is not unlawful. It is a lawful act of self-defense,” the document asserts. "Imminent threat"? That seems reasonable and is a traditional standard for military action. Except that, as NBC investigative reporter Michael Isikoff notes, the memo adds that “the condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.” Instead, that previously mentioned "high-level official" can determine that the potential target was “recently” involved in “activities” posing a threat of an attack and that “there is no evidence suggesting that he has renounced or abandoned such activities.”

news.yahoo.com...

Wonder what will happen when the first drone attack in America actually happens. Thats going to be a very scary day.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.

*sigh*
edit on 5-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Perhaps if the US had taken a page from your fathers book in regards to foreign policy in the first place none of this terrorist stuff would have ever been an issue.

Really the US has been saying "We're going to take whatever we want from you and if you don't run your countries the way we say you should we're going to blast you with sanctions and war rhetoric." The price for this type of activity? Now americans live in fear, not only from the hatred directed at them from around the world, but from their own government now treating them like they treat the rest of the world.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
Perhaps if the US had taken a page from your fathers book in regards to foreign policy in the first place none of this terrorist stuff would have ever been an issue.

Really the US has been saying "We're going to take whatever we want from you and if you don't run your countries the way we say you should we're going to blast you with sanctions and war rhetoric." The price for this type of activity? Now americans live in fear, not only from the hatred directed at them from around the world, but from their own government now treating them like they treat the rest of the world.

I am a US Patriot, tried and true. But I stand for the ideals of freedom and liberty that our nation was founded on....not what it has become. I work within the government every single day. It doesn't take much to see how arrogant our nation has become. A true bully in the world. Our allies stand with us because they do not want to be against us...or because we "back-up" their bullying as well. Even those who stand against us, at one time, were the recipients of our "generosity and military support."

I love my country, but given the fickleness with which it (we) provides its support and "ideals," I wouldn't trust us either. Now we watch this rabid dog turn on its own and everyone sees the danger. The question is WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT?
edit on 5-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

We're all different and I'm sure there are a variety of strategies out there. If I were the US on the world stage I would say something to the effect of "I'm going to give you food and water, medical supplies and knowledge in the hopes that one day we can put all of this behind us and work together for the common good of all mankind. I understand that we have our differences, but I believe we are all human and in that respect I wish to help my fellow man flourish. If some still wish to hurt me then perhaps with these gifts they will find it hard to raise an army against me."

As a person living in the US my strategy is not any different, I have little to give to my fellow man, but what I can give to them I do. I raise my voice in disagreement, but do not force my opinion by taking up arms or hacking into computers. "This is what I believe and this is what I have to offer, please take what I have to give and if you choose to use it against yourself know that I will be here should you ever change your mind."

Edit: "And if you do kill me... Woe unto you for the punishment for killing a peaceful, caring and loving human being is killing a peaceful, caring and loving human being."

One does not win unless we all win. Love is the answer.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
give them some time (just a little bit, they like to move fast), and they'll be drone assassinating citizens on american soil, and blaming it on gas leaks, or some other equally ridiculous cause..

absolutely disgusting..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
GWB started this trend, Barry is just running hog wild with it. That is why I never could understand the hatred towards Barry, beyond him not being white, as he is just GWB.

Sadly those least apt to be great leaders are the ones who aspire to and become leaders now.

Derek

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The thing is the Constitution actually allows this.
It clearly gives the government the right to "quell insurrections."
which means forcibly put an end to any potential or actual violent opposition to the government.

while I oppose it, it IS constitutional.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Basically, the New World Order will just KILL anyone that gets enough in their way, and these loose definitions will be there for them to fall back on. That's literally all this is.
edit on 2/5/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
GWB started this trend, Barry is just running hog wild with it. That is why I never could understand the hatred towards Barry, beyond him not being white, as he is just GWB.

Sadly those least apt to be great leaders are the ones who aspire to and become leaders now.

Derek

Really dude.

He didn't start it, so we can't hate the scum imperialist warmonger because he's not white? Maybe it has something to do with George Bush not being President of the United States anymore? I don't know, maybe that's just me.

"Barry" *has* been running 'hog wild' with it, he's been in charge of an administration that's never killed so many people with drones or "kinetic action" in any other time in the history of the United States. Don't even have to declare war anymore.. just kill everyone because the War on Terror is global!! America F* Yeah!

No no, it's because he is black of course. Keep spreading that divisive vitriol and disinformation, you'll get your star someday.
edit on 5-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
which means forcibly put an end to any potential or actual violent opposition to the government.

If the government could honestly and legally kill American citizens under the guise of "quelling insurrection," don't you think they would be using it to justify all kinds of police or military action against citizens?

Regardless of how you try to spin it, it is not legal to deny a citizen the right of Due Process or to murder people...even under the guise of "quelling insurrection."

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

I am a US Patriot, tried and true. But I stand for the ideals of freedom and liberty that our nation was founded on....not what it has become. I work within the government every single day. It doesn't take much to see how arrogant our nation has become. A true bully in the world. Our allies stand with us because they do not want to be against us...or because we "back-up" their bullying as well. Even those who stand against us, at one time, were the recipients of our "generosity and military support."

I love my country, but given the fickleness with which it (we) provides its support and "ideals," I wouldn't trust us either. Now we watch this rabid dog turn on its own and everyone sees the danger. The question is WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT?

Define US Patriot. Do you stand for our constitution, and our service members OS in the current war on terror? If not, you are not.

Do you understand the REAL threat of terrorists? Islamic extremist terrorists or otherwise?

Our nation is doing more good than you imply. Some gullible people are convinced al queda doesnt exist. Do you see what I am saying here?

Vietnam was a different war and a different era.

Do you want countries controlled by the MB to gain power in the world while we stand by idly? Would your father want that?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Define US Patriot. Do you stand for our constitution, and our service members OS in the current war on terror? If not, you are not.

Do you understand the REAL threat of terrorists? Islamic extremist terrorists or otherwise?

Our nation is doing more good than you imply. Some gullible people are convinced al queda doesnt exist. Do you see what I am saying here?

Vietnam was a different war and a different era.

Do you want countries controlled by the MB to gain power in the world while we stand by idly? Would your father want that?

Yes, my father was a highly decorated Special Forces green beret. If you googled his name, you'd see loads of rather interesting information regarding covert missions with the CIA in Cambodia and other places far beyond the "official war" within the borders of Vietnam.

My maternal grandfather, a fighter pilot, fought the Germans in WW2. Several people within my family have their own famous stories in the pages of history. However, I am an AMERICAN, albeit of European descent.

This is simple...I believe in the Constitution as it was originally intended and written. Not the current laws which have been bastardized to enrich/empower the government or meet a political agenda. The original foundation of this country was built to empower the PEOPLE. Government existed in a limited form and was NOT the "end all, be all." Yes, this is a different era but if you believe the purpose of the Government is to provide COMPLETELY for your entire safety, well-being, and security, then you have chained yourself without even knowing it.

Never forget that the lines as you seem them today are far from clear. It is well-known that the US/CIA supported the mujaheddin in Afghanistan against the Russians. The US government acts under its own agenda for power and money. The US Military follows orders it is given because that is the nature of the military. I support and respect the US Military, but I do NOT respect agendas by politicians and political committees who direct and control that same military for their own selfish purposes.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

edit on 5-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

no, it's actually not. it violates a citizen's 5th amendment right to due process, AND their 6th amendment right to a trial by jury. extrajudicial execution of citizens by executive directive is unconstitutional.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
T/S, you better read and get your facts correct, and change the Topic subject.

Obama send drones to kill MUSLIM terrorists, not american citizens per se.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This has scared the hell out of me and I don't scare easy.

Does this really mean a drone can hunt and kill me because I am a Christain and I dislike our government actions?

If that is a true fact my home town will be a ghost town as well as many others will be also.

Please explain it very simply so an old woman can understand this.

It sure sounds like the USA has declared war on it's citizens.

Tell me it is not so, please.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
This would be fine and dandy if the terms were concrete but they aren't. A terrorist could could come to mean anyone who doesn't like the administration or who questions the why of things. Give it a few years and that could mean everyone. It sounds though if you live in the USA and you mind your own business and dont go traveling to countries with known terrorist organizations you will be fine. So the best thing everyone can do is be good little boys and girls and mind their p's and q's.

Right now the USA and all it's inhabitants are on hot plate so to speak. Everyone is turning against each other slowly, even parts of the government is turning on it's own. This is scary.

He has less than four years now people please vote with your mind not your heart next time.

At the rate he's going I'm not entirely sure there will be a next time

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join