posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
Originally posted by azureskys
Thank you so much.
I want all of the info and education about prepping I can get.
OK. Here's some advice you probably won't see anywhere else...
Based on what I've seen as far as do-ityourself food storage goes, there's going to be lots of sick preppers if t SHTF.
Wheat. Sugar. Pasta, vegitable oil. A recepe for illness.
You need fats if t SHTF. Good fats. Storable fats. And I don't mean industrial seed oils like corn and so-called "vegitable" oils.
Here's a list:"
1. Coconut oil. Great for cooking and dressing wounds. Has antibacterial properties.
2. Coconut milk. High caloric value and more good medium chain fatty acids.
3. Sardines. Protien and a source of omega threes. Don't get the kind in soy oil. Make sure it's olive oil. Can be ordered by the case from
4. Pemmican. A perfect combonation of dried beef and beef tallow, so it has protien and fats. Made correctly, it can store for 20 years! And you can
literally live off of the stuff. It's what the plains indians lived off of during the winter and on extended hunts. Lewis and Clark used it too. You
can make it or order grassfed pemmican of the 'net.
5. Dehydrated vegitables and fruit. The fact that it's dehydrated lends itself to storing a lot in a small space.
6. Eggs. Get those chickens in your backyard this spring! You can order a coop for 4 chickens off the internet for