It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Of The Best Prepper Websites And Blogs On The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
thetruthwins.com...

Are you preparing for the collapse of society? If so, the truth is that you are definitely not alone. The number of preppers in the U.S. has absolutely exploded in recent years. It has been estimated that there are now approximately 3 million preppers in the United States, and "Doomsday Preppers" is currently the highest rated show on the National Geographic channel. In fact, you could be living next to a prepper and never even know it. All over America, families are transforming spare rooms into long-term food storage pantries, planting survival gardens, unplugging from the grid, converting their homes over to alternative sources of energy, taking self-defense courses and stocking up on just about everything that you can imagine. The re-election of Barack Obama and other recent events seem to have given the prepper movement even more momentum. For example, in January the U.S. Mint broke all kinds of records and sold nearly half a billion dollars worth of gold and silver coins to the public. Not only that, Americans bought enough guns during the last two months of 2012 alone to supply the entire armies of China and India. When it comes to prepping, nobody can match the passion that Americans put into it.

There we go, finally a list of good sites to use.
Have fun, let me know which ones you recommend.
edit on 5-2-2013 by winterkill because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here are couple of them that I like

thesurvivalmom.com...

shtfschool.com...

lds.about.com...

Hopefully this helps
Have a great day

I should have opened the link first,oops, though I didn't see the food calculator there, so maybe I helped.
edit on 5-2-2013 by woodsmom because: oops

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you so much.
I want all of the info and education about prepping I can get.
Much appreciated

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I decided to just buy an ocean ready sailboat.

Seems like the easiest way to avoid trouble. I have no desire to deal with the roving gangs of thugs that preppers are going to run into.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
take big guns in case of pirates LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Don't forget the best prepper site you can go to in your area...anyone who lived through the 1930s

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Thank you so much.
I want all of the info and education about prepping I can get.
Much appreciated

OK. Here's some advice you probably won't see anywhere else...

Based on what I've seen as far as do-ityourself food storage goes, there's going to be lots of sick preppers if t SHTF.

Wheat. Sugar. Pasta, vegitable oil. A recepe for illness.

You need fats if t SHTF. Good fats. Storable fats. And I don't mean industrial seed oils like corn and so-called "vegitable" oils.

Here's a list:"

1. Coconut oil. Great for cooking and dressing wounds. Has antibacterial properties.
2. Coconut milk. High caloric value and more good medium chain fatty acids.
3. Sardines. Protien and a source of omega threes. Don't get the kind in soy oil. Make sure it's olive oil. Can be ordered by the case from amazon.
4. Pemmican. A perfect combonation of dried beef and beef tallow, so it has protien and fats. Made correctly, it can store for 20 years! And you can literally live off of the stuff. It's what the plains indians lived off of during the winter and on extended hunts. Lewis and Clark used it too. You can make it or order grassfed pemmican of the 'net.
5. Dehydrated vegitables and fruit. The fact that it's dehydrated lends itself to storing a lot in a small space.
6. Eggs. Get those chickens in your backyard this spring! You can order a coop for 4 chickens off the internet for

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You can also search for DIY pemmican and save some cash

www.marksdailyapple.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
thetruthwins.com...

Are you preparing for the collapse of society? If so, the truth is that you are definitely not alone. The number of preppers in the U.S. has absolutely exploded in recent years. It has been estimated that there are now approximately 3 million preppers in the United States, and "Doomsday Preppers" is currently the highest rated show on the National Geographic channel. In fact, you could be living next to a prepper and never even know it. All over America, families are transforming spare rooms into long-term food storage pantries, planting survival gardens, unplugging from the grid, converting their homes over to alternative sources of energy, taking self-defense courses and stocking up on just about everything that you can imagine. The re-election of Barack Obama and other recent events seem to have given the prepper movement even more momentum. For example, in January the U.S. Mint broke all kinds of records and sold nearly half a billion dollars worth of gold and silver coins to the public. Not only that, Americans bought enough guns during the last two months of 2012 alone to supply the entire armies of China and India. When it comes to prepping, nobody can match the passion that Americans put into it.

There we go, finally a list of good sites to use.
Have fun, let me know which ones you recommend.
edit on 5-2-2013 by winterkill because: spelling error

Would you mind if I liked your post to mine?

Free survival books to download

new topics

top topics

join