Expecting a quick tax return? Think again!

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Had our taxes done last night. After learning that our refund would be sizeable and getting excited about getting the bills caught up he told us that all tax returns which include student write offs are on hold until the US goverment says so. So he cannot even file our taxes until the government give him the go ahead. Which could be as late as mid March, and 21 days after that I get my refund. Really sucks! So just giving everyone a heads up, if you have student loans or student write offs, actually there was a long list of types of write off that will be on hold until mid March or later. It's kind of scary actually, my fiscal cliff is rapidly approaching...

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
See I heard about some negative things about this years taxes www.abovetopsecret.com...

So.. has it happened to only you that you know of or others as well?
edit on 5-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Well from what my guy told me, we are not being shorted anything, we will just have to wait more than usual for our return. He showed me a long list of things, none of which I remember except for the student loan one, which my wife has. But my guy said once the government gives him the go ahead, he can file mine and everyone else's that is on hold. At which point he will call me and the 21 day countdown will begin.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That sucks for you..
I got about 3k coming on or about Feb 15th

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Well you obviously didn't meet the criteria to be put on hold, good for you!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm me and my wife have student loans and I know she just did them and didn't mention anything about a hold.

Maybe she hasn't sent them in yet.....thanks for the heads-up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

No problem! If you are getting the $2500 tax allowance, I believe you will have to wait. Really sucks!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This will be the year for great greed. The plans are in place. The whole world is tired of one another. Our government is no longer what it was, and it can no longer support its people. There is talk of war everyday, and the amount of force our army is using around the world is out of hand. Who ever is currently behind this curtain does not care about human or animal life. We went into this destruction phase and have been destroying everything in our path and trying to take over the world like this is a movie plot. The man in charge no longer cares that we have food, shelter, or health. They are feeding us chemicals-and you all love it you fat bastages-me too so...

We have all been "waiting for it, and its here" the transitions are taking place as everything catches up with the new frequency coming from the Earth-it has essentially doubled recently (which makes sense mathematically). We all felt the transition of sound around us and went crazy over the past 15 years. I believe we are at the stabilization phase where we get settled in our new frequency, but there are some people out there who want to kill everyone and shoot them with robots now flying through the sky. People will be in doors all year this year. You wait. The gov put the words fear, hate, and terrorism in our minds and we can no longer think of anything different. People are following in the footsteps of what they see and hear about all day-people killing people-but everyone "Freaks out when a couple people get killed in a small town" thousands of people are being killed by wars each month, yet it is entertaining to watch the gun fights on T.V. People think it is normal to shoot people-not love people-we only have that one "Oxygen" station that talks about love.

Now we will all go into poverty, and they will go out of business when they have no workers to help them build, or local businesses to buy materials and supplies from. When your GMO has turned sour and there are no farmers to grow you food-then you will be the one wishing for peace and unity in the world.
edit on 5-2-2013 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

Well you obviously didn't meet the criteria to be put on hold, good for you!

Sorry, wasnt trying to gloat.. I am curious about the criteria that will put peoples taxes on hold. Im gonna google it and see if i can find the list.

Heres what I found.

IRScrewed.gov

Like Share Print IRS forms that 1040 filers can begin filing in mid-February Taxpayers using this form can begin filing their tax returns in mid-February after the IRS updates its processing systems. Form 8863 Education Credits List of IRS forms that 1040 filers can begin filing in late February or into March 2013 The following tax forms will be accepted by the IRS in late February or into March after updating forms and completing programming and testing of its processing systems. A specific date will be announced in the near future. Form 3800 General Business Credit Form 4136 Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization (Including Information on Listed Property) Form 5074 Allocation of Individual Income Tax to Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Form 5471 Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits Form 5735 American Samoa Economic Development Credit Form 5884 Work Opportunity Credit Form 6478 Credit for Alcohol Used as Fuel Form 6765 Credit for Increasing Research Activities Form 8396 Mortgage Interest Credit Form 8582 Passive Activity Loss Limitations Form 8820 Orphan Drug Credit Form 8834 Qualified Plug-in Electric and Electric Vehicle Credit Form 8839 Qualified Adoption Expenses Form 8844 Empowerment Zone and Renewal Community Employment Credit Form 8845 Indian Employment Credit Form 8859 District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit Form 8864 Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Fuels Credit Form 8874 New Markets Credits Form 8900 Qualified Railroad Track Maintenance Credit Form 8903 Domestic Production Activities Deduction Form 8908 Energy Efficient Home Credit Form 8909 Energy Efficient Appliance Credit Form 8910 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit Form 8912 Credit to Holders of Tax Credit Bonds Form 8923 Mine Rescue Team Training Credit Form 8932 Credit for Employer Differential Wage Payments Form 8936 Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Many Business Tax Filers Can File for 2012 Starting Feb. 4
edit on 2/5/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Good find! ^^ That's similar to the list I was shown.

I did find This article which lists some criteria for late returns. But it also says students should have been able to file on January 30. Apperently that's not the case.
edit on 5-2-2013 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The government has to wait for tax money to come in before it gives money out. What part of "the government is broke" don't some people understand. This will give the government a chance to incorporate programming and training to catch the thousands of people that are defrauding it and some taxpayers.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I didn't figure in any interest from mortgage or student loans..it wasn't worth it for us..I just took the overall exemption and they told me it would be 7 - 14 days I filed my on January 31.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well the government didn't have to wait for my payroll deducted withholdings, so why should I have to wait for my refund? If I had to guess, I would say our government is dangerously close to default.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
increase your dependents to 10

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

the fiscal cliff deal is the reason for the delays. the IRS had warned congress that delaying a deal would result in their inability to process the majority of personal and corporate income tax returns. They delayed, now the IRS cannot process those returns. This, in itself, is a disaster for many who rely on those refunds but, even worse, this means that the IRS will be delaying the essential revenue stream that is relied upon to help fund our overspending.

so, they shot themselves in the foot. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that taxpayer refunds will be delayed as a result of the late filings. there's a real good chance the government won't have the cash to issue the refunds on time and a system like the one NYS uses might be the result. NYS allocates an amount of money each month for refunds. Refund recipients are on a list and they pay out refunds, until the fund is exhausted, resulting in delays of several months to some taxpayers.

Another possible scenario is that the IRS extends the deadline. Given the month or so dead period of no filing, they will be flooded with filings that might crush their system and it will, no doubt, create a backlog of work for the nations preparers.

The alternative, for those who do it themselves, is to paper file now and let the IRS sit on the return. They won't process it until they are prepared to handle the paperwork but, in theory, they will process them in order of receipt, potentially putting your refund at the head of the line.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm sure that people who had simple returns and were getting a good refund filed right on the 30th.
I know someone who only paid in $400 some throughout the year in withholding, but is getting $6300 back due to child credits. Now, if even only 1000 people filed this on the 30th, that's a total of 6.3 million to be paid on just the first day's filings!

Anyone who owes money, will wait much later or even till the deadline to file and pay.

Lots of money going out, but very little coming in right now. I'm left to wonder what the heck is going to happen!
edit on 5-2-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Got the call from my tax guy today. He got the okay to file my taxes, all returns with school credits, not just mine. So I should see my refund in 11 to 21 days.

new topics
top topics

join