It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Grandpappy used to have a saying....

If they wanted to keep it then they should have fought harder.

Your grandpappy and you are thieves if you believe that rubbish. If a couple of armed men break into your house and kill you and your family do you believe it is their legal right to keep your home? Stupid!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

kids born after 1950, you mean. i was a kid when most of these issues were settled, and everything was looking up and people were becoming less and less race conscious and now, just like in south africa, it's going in the exact opposite direction. it makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah...ok

The civil rights bill wasn't even signed by the time people born in 1950 were 14 years old.........

Lie some more.

Civil rights act -1964
Voting rights act - 1965

edit on 6-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by EllaMarina

Actually most people in this discussion were against that, i been at it since this threads inception and i think only two members said something similar to that... its more like "we win the battle and you lose, so shut up" "this is reality" kinda attitude.

They just don't realize the hypocrisy.

You know, I think raping and pillaging is wrong. But guess what? I never raped or pillaged anything. I mean, good grief, we're talking about stuff that happened centuries ago. Isn't it racist for someone to look at me and condemn me for actions people of my race may have committed centuries ago? What could I possibly do about it?

And yes, it is a historical fact that what happened in North America is nothing new. Archaeology is full of examples of people who have gone extinct because they came into contact with a stronger/ more advanced civilization. What's wrong with acknowledging that fact?

Personally, I'd like everyone to just move on from the past and get along. Nobody on this forum took someone else's land or scalped anyone. Continually bringing up the past only breeds this division between people.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

i was a baby in the 50s, politics wasn't even a blip on my radar. by the 60's i was still a kid (born in the late 50s). by the 70s i was listening to michael jackson sing abc, and buying his records and listening to the motown sound. i didn't even know there was a reason not to and there still isn't a reason not to and you will never convince me that race will EVER be a reason to hate someone

i'm not the racist here.

i think you know what i mean.

edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by liverlad

Sorry, that's a load of bullcrap, what he said was 100% fact and the protesters knew it.

Nah ! Not even close. Arguable at best because of circumstances beyond my control. I am a Native American
of non Indian decent. Doesn't matter one damn bit what my ancestors did, even tho I may not like what happened any more than he does. This is my Native land the same as it is his. I can't change that. The best I could possibly do is apologize to him and his people, but they wouldn't accept that. They wouldn't see that what was done to them truly weighs on my heart and mind. It wasn't that long ago that we should expect them to forgive either. And from what I understand there's places on this continent where it still continues today. I was born right in the middle of the heartland USA, St, Joseph Mo. I'm just as native born as he is. PERIOD. See before he is red and I am white were both humans and the only way, I might not have a native land ? Is if I were born on a ship in the Bermuda triangle or in a sub underwater. Hell even crop circles have a native land.

And if you think not putting his son first before his big bombastic show, isn't an indication of character ? That's your opinion, but as I've already said personally, I think he's a flip'in idiot.
edit on 6-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

If your ancestors came to America in the last few hundred years, then you are not a Native American, you may feel like you are one, but you are not.

That man is correct in everything he said.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

If your ancestors came to America in the last few hundred years, then you are not a Native American, you may feel like you are one, but you are not.

so you want us to go move in with the folks back in europe? no thanks. they already have their hands full with new arrivals from other countries.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Let's examine this situation objectively.

Some guy whose ancestors were dispossessed by people with fair skin thinks he has the right to tell people with fair skin (whose ancestors did the actual dispossessing) that they have no right to protest illegal immigration that is going on today?

This White Guilt propaganda is really getting out of hand.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Its a war of smart people vs stupid people it's really that simple.

Indians were content to slaughter each others then we came and slaughtered them - in 200 years they have still failed to mount an effective counter attack because they are stupid. Proud warriors BS they are a bunch of drunken gamblers and bead salesman when they are not bitching about everything.

Now the southern cockroaches want to come here after they have spent hundreds of years destroying their own countries and they expect to win. Nay!

Smart people counter attack.

People like to make some other argument but 500 years after slavery started the best thing they can do is throw spears and a couple of bullets at our nuclear aircraft carriers, same as the native americans.

So pick a reality - lazy or stupid

edit on 6-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
You only own what you can defend.

The Red Indians failed to defend their own lands and worse, were on constant warfare with each other. They had no system of effective governance but only utilitarian barbarism upon each other.

Today, in our modern and evolved santised world, it is easy to condemn the english settlers of atrocities against the red indians, nor should there be any attempt to cover up such atrocities.

HANG on HANG on ... Blaming the English !!!!!!!!!! Get out of here will you ..

The English were not responsible for the Indian wars or the trail of tears or all the relocations that were so traumatic to the native people.

You kicked out the 'English ' when you became Americans, so you NOT us shoulder the majority of the blame !

The native American's fought bravely in many battles, they were out numbered, so do not claim they failed to defend their lands.

edit on 6-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

Indians were content to slaughter each others then we came and slaughtered them - in 200 years they have still failed to mount an effective counter attack because they are stupid. Proud warriors BS they are a bunch of drunken gamblers and bead salesman when they are not bitching about everything.

Now the southern cockroaches want to come here after they have spent hundreds of years destroying their own countries and they expect to win. Nay!

Smart people counter attack.

People like to make some other argument but 500 years after slavery started the best thing they can do is throw spears and a couple of bullets at our nuclear aircraft carriers, same as the native americans.

So pick a reality - lazy or stupid

that's ridiculous. you are trying to instigate trouble.
there are stupid and smart, talented and not so talented, lazy and not lazy, people in every race. doh. go away you're ruining all the hard work i've been doing in an attempt to prove people are people, not racial categories. yes there are some racial characteristics but they are almost exclusively physical not spiritual or mental. argh,

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

NO it is NOT that simple but the above argument is simplistic and made by someone thinking alot like a simpleton.
edit on 6-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
The truth hurts, apparently. Maybe that's why the protesters didn't respond?

S&F

Edited to Add:

In response to the post below, he technically has a very good reason to be upset and his point is totally valid. Just look at what the original illegal immigrants did to the natives.

They were robbed, raped, murdered and even given blankets infested with smallpox, among other things.

edit on 5-2-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

so if it was "wrong "then, why is not wrong now

I don't think any of these protestors are hundreds of years old, so his point is racist nonsense- as is his term "native"

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

While I agree that "native Americans" got a raw deal when white europeans came to America,this man does not have his history quite right.The ancestors fo what we call "native Americans" came here from somewhere else.They came across the Bering landbridge several thousand years ago during the last ice age.So while his people may have been here longer than,say,my people,he is no more,and no less "Native" than am I.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mardukiscoming
reply to post by cornucopia

While I agree that "native Americans" got a raw deal when white europeans came to America,this man does not have his history quite right.The ancestors fo what we call "native Americans" came here from somewhere else.They came across the Bering landbridge several thousand years ago during the last ice age.So while his people may have been here longer than,say,my people,he is no more,and no less "Native" than am I.

That is right their DNA has been traced to a place of origin in Siberia.

That does not negate the fact that they were the settled population when the English arrived and the later Europeans, who destroyed their way of life. For good.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
install apartheid again, but this time against indigenous whites. you don't even have to be an indigenous south african black, to take part in the genocide over there. it's a government sponspored hitlerian genocide of white people.
edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

With all due respect, this is completely irrational and paranoid and just absurd.

White people run 99% of the government in America, white people run 99% of the media, white people run 99% of the finances, and yet there is a secret movement to kill off white people?

Or perhaps you think because a black man is president for the first time in our nation's history, all the rest of the white people in positions of power will just go along with this alleged anti-white genocidal secret plan?

THINK about what you are suggesting, it is nonsense.

BTW, by stating that white people largely control all institutions of significance, I'm not suggesting "white guilt" or whatever stupid garbage people keep bringing up, I am just stating FACTS. Why would a society that is run by whites by a HUGE margin try to kill off white people?

Is there a secret cabal of black people or native americans who are the REAL people in charge?

People need to wake up and see the REAL problem that this totally fake problem is obscuring: what those in power are terribly afraid of is that we will unite with the other races to oppose the psychopaths in power. This could be done because we FAR outnumber them, but at the moment we are all fragmented into a million idiotic little groups that all hate and fear one another, divided by race/religion/politics or whatever.

Those psychopaths in power happen to be largely white but this means nothing, if blacks or hispanics or whatever had been placed in the same position they would've done the same thing because we are all the same human race, with the same flaws and weaknesses.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

so if it was "wrong "then, why is not wrong now I don't think any of these protestors are hundreds of years old, so his point is racist nonsense- as is his term "native"

It was wrong then, and it is wrong now.

I don't recall condoning illegal immigration.

My point was it's the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liverlad

That man is correct in everything he said.

What did he say again ? Something about invitations ? I'll concede that no one has ever sent out an invite that read :

Hey white people of Europe ! Ya you ! Across the pond. We have a whole continent over here we can't begin to populate. So after many counsels among our many nations, this invitation has been decided upon.

If you have the time, during the next couple centuries ? The Indigenous peoples invite the white eyes to please, bring your greed and politics and lies and big important sounding words that stink like crap, cause you just blew 'em out your ass. Bring everything a people who live in harmony with the earth, would despise seeing in any human. And please above everything else, be sure to bring your modern weapons of war. Your long rifles and bullets and powder and sabers made of steel. You will also need a flag to point to when you murder us and plenty
of jackboots to stomp us back into the earth from which we came.

Free continent up for grabs get your million acre parcel now.

You're all invited. RSVP

So the guy is right because you say he's right and you're never wrong so he's right I'm wrong you're right ?

The one person I truly felt bad for was that mans son.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by EllaMarina
The saddest trend I'm seeing in this debate is the idea that white people approve of rape and murder and the fact that some of the early settlers did it. That's disgusting and insulting!

edit on 6-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

The saddest part I am seeing is false statements like this and the desire to hang on to racists division because of ones ancestors. No one here has come anywhere close to approving of rape and murder of any native people get a grip and stop trying to spread hate and division with such false accusations!

you having reading comprehension problems today ?

Not at all. What is it you think I am not comprehending? Your statement speaks for it self. Maybe you can post a quote of anyone saying they approve of rape and murder?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dare anyone who thinks they know where Obama's native land is, to join us here in this thread.

When I came into this thread, I had it go'in on living in a comfortable home with my wife and her boy a citizen of the best place to live on earth even today. I knew things were go'in sour lately but I never expected to leave this thread homeless all tattered and shot out, with toilet paper stick'in out of my back pocket.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

That's just the thing. Native Americans didn't believe that they owned the land. They believed that we are merely conservators of it until we die and our children live upon it. It was the immigrants who believed they owned that land, sectioned it off and sold it. They were greedy. They took the fat. That is what "wasicu" means anyway, it means "one who takes the fat".

But because we WERE here a hell of a lot longer, we had the belief that the land not only did not belong to US it didn't belong to the newcomers either. That euro mentality of ownership was taught and pushed onto the natives as they sectioned off the less fruitful lands and pushed them on to it, and ever since then, the govt keeps coming back to take more and more. Poison our lands with their uranium mining, and so on. Look at what happened to the Navajo people and their land in the 70's and 80's.

Some people talk as if everything bad that happened to natives here only happened back in the 1800's - the turn of the century. Start doing some news researching on what is taking place all over this country in various tribes, and you will find that we STILL have to fight for what little was given to us and that treaties are broken repeatedly.

Over 500 nations of Native Americans on this land and some act as if that never meant anything.

Our people are not defeated. We still exist, we struggle, we move forward and keep on. Many of us go to college and graduate and work as doctors, lawyers, teachers, business owners, etc. We're not just a bunch of drunken and drugged out poor people slopping around on our lands taking welfare. I don't appreciate the stereotype we are constantly bombarded with that all natives are nothing but drunkards. But really, if we want to review the history of alcohol and natives, who introduced it to them in the first place? I was told by my grandfather that the drink helped with conquering many tribes, including the diseases that people brought over to this country. You can't fight when you are under foot of the drink and disease.

With that said, I do believe the Lakota was one of the best fighters in a battle field, and fought with a strategy that even Custer could not understand. They were underestimated at Little Big Horn, which is exactly why they HAD to disarm us and once they did get the guns, bows, and knives away, THEN they shot us, killed us or burned us out.

You tell me... is that an honorable way to conquer a people? Go on and sit there and tell me again how "if only we fought hard enough we would have won every battle". That's hilarious, given that we were totally DISARMED and our women and children brutally murdered before every man's eyes.

I would love to take time to go point by point but I don't care to.

Every single thread on Natives on ATS turns into nothing but a racist brawl. Why does Skeptic Overlord allow THAT to go on? Why do the mods allow it time and again?

There are a good deal of natives from different tribes that post here on ATS and all I ever see is racism against natives. Do you even know how offensive you are being toward all of us? I bet you do and just don't care.

Either way, this is why I hardly bother with any thread on natives in any section of this web site, because last time I tried to join in on an informative topic and lend my knowledge, it turned extremely racist and nasty while mods just sat by and did nothing.

Why is that?

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

They are a bunch of hypocrites. Seriously. Stand out on a corner and protest immigrants, when everyone is an immigrant?

I love it when people say that this country was founded on Christianity. No, sorry, it wasn't. It was founded first by the Native Americans, and OUR spirituality and not of the Christian God.

And, I'm definitely no racist. We have non natives who come live on the reservation and take up residency there, and they are usually accepted if they treat everyone else with respect and kindness. I don't care who comes to live there either.

And for those griping about the third world conditions on some of these reservations, WOW. I say, come and try to live there in that hell hole. Oh wait, your govt IS turning the United states into one big hell hole. People losing their homes, jobs, and living in their cars, tent cities, etc. Looks to me like the govt is turning this country into one big reservation in many ways. A friend of mine went to Detroit last summer and came back and told me he thought it looked like our rez.

I would give you 500 stars for each of those 2 posts were it possible to do so.

Didn't mean to take any liberties with your posts, but i bolded two parts that particularly spoke volumes.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join