It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
this is one of my favorite native americans

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
1. I cannot understand why the red indians' descendants REFUSED to acknowledge the barbarisms conducted by their ancestors, the way most of westerners had bravely acknowledge theirs for centuries. It is no shame, for they lived in a time unlike ours where law of the jungles were the only way to survive.

The red indian ancestors were no angels. Archeology and anthropology had proven such behaviours - slaughtering, killing the deformed, mass slayings found in unmarked graves, the old left to die, etc. Neither were the ancient western and eastern world any different.

BUT we this generation had evolved and progress beyond the jungles into space, shared through the hard work of many western and eastern peoples, including the current descendants of the red indians whom are already full fledged equal american citizens protected by the sacred Constitution which binds us all under the rule of law.

2. The iroqoius indians and perhaps a few other tribes may had attempted better governance and unity. BUT there is a difference between ASPIRATIONS and NATIONAL POLICY.

The red indians failed, and would rather continue with their barbaric way of life, of conquest and blood sacrifices of each other till none are left. They even would not unite to face a common enemy - the invaders, and would rather treat them as another tribe or pawns to play amongst each other. AND LOST BIGTIME.

3. Conquest of nations was the only natural progression of ALL mankind. It began in recorded history 5000 years ago from the blue eye aryans living in the russian steppes to the asia and middle east, criss-crossing with each other such as the greeks into India, and chinese villages conquering each other to become a vast kingdom and change hands over time, to the hebrew dispora of their tribes all over the world, to the mayans in central america into argentina and alaska.

Point is - as the population grows, conquest was a natural way of life of our ancestors for survival.

Could the red indians be immune to such planet wide changes? It can not. It is only a matter of time, either the aryans, or the chinese, or the africans will take over the weaker regressive states such as the red indian tribes were then.

4. We can no longer change the past, and today, america is made up of many different peoples from all over the world, pledging allegience to the secular Constitution of a successful 200+ years to achieve and share common goals.

Equally, the ancestors of the red indian tribes had won their treaties and compensations FULLY agreed upon to live in peace with american settlers to progress and evolve, which ensured their survival and their generations survival as well, instead of being made extinct by some other tribes.

This lasting peace had been enjoyed by americans for 200+ years. So why are there some red indian descendants out here now trying to whitewash their barbarisms, sow discord, divide and conquer with lies and half truths?

Have these descendants no honor that they reneged upon the oaths sworn by their ancestors to live in peace and work, share side by side with fellow americans?

5. America is made up of immigrants from all over the world. But today, those descendants ARE native americans- of all ethnic groups, ruled by law. For those who call these native americans as 'immigrants' is nothing more than outright lies if not blatant stupidity.

And current day immigration policies are based upon ECONOMIC issues, nothing to do with skin color, religion or anything discrimnatory. The new immigrant must be able to contribute to the shared society that USA is, and to assimilate and adopt its way of life, not native americans adopt and adapt to the new immigrant way of life.

Illegal immigrants, by its defination is already a criminal. And criminals follow no laws and will expect the nation to bow to its way of life and the failed culture and heritage he fled from. Shall native americans and their children be made to convert to catholicism, speak spanish, support latin only candidates, etc? Look at Miami, LA and Florida if it aint happening today.

Let's be honest.

And which other parts of USA will the govt let go so that sons and daughters of america be made to bow to shariah law, vow to the CPP party of China, speak arabic in schools, or just plain become the failed states that illegal immigrants came from and imposed upon America thru the misguided bleeding heart immigration policy that only hurts all, even the illegal immigrant except the fat cat elites?
edit on 6-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by undo

Well you become indiginous to a land once you have adapted to live off that land...

didn't the colonials learn how to do that? i mean they grew corn, churned butter, baked bread, dug the wells, built houses out of trees and stones, etc?
After being shown how to do it by the indigenous people of the land... yes.

edit on 6-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

It is all you Europeans fault anyway.
Not ours, the ones who ran away. None of them are my ansectors otherwise i would be American wouldn't i?

Silly isn't it?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
reply to post by liverlad

There is no archaeological evidence Native Americans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years. None. In fact, they aren't even the original inhabitants of the continent. Don't just take my word for it, do a little research.
Well some of them have been around long enough to adapt to their enviroment, take the Eskimos of North America for example,

"Eskimos have evolved to endure the cold; thicker blood, darker skin pigment to absorbs heat, and their bodies retain more body fat on their torsos to protect vital organs (whereas most North Americans store fat around our waists and butts).....their bodies are built differently. They have been living in the cold longer so their bodies have become shorter and stockier so that they retain more heat. Also, they have developed other ways to stay warm through their warm cloths and housing.These are not just Physical changes....they have anatomically,physiologically evolved to sustain Cold"

How long do you think it took for them to adapt to Alaska like that? A few thousand years?
edit on 6-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

In my opinion, having "evolved" to their environment is completely irrelevant to the argument that Native Americans are not the original inhabitants or North America. Just because a lot of time has passed does not indemnify them of the fact that they took the land from someone else.

I totally respect your thoughts here, but encourage you to look up Kennewick Man. He is non Native American and found with a Native American spear tip embedded in his thigh. There's a lot of articles out there to choose from on him, do a google search if you get some time.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

In my opinion, having "evolved" to their environment is completely irrelevant to the argument that Native Americans are not the original inhabitants or North America. Just because a lot of time has passed does not indemnify them of the fact that they took the land from someone else.

I totally respect your thoughts here, but encourage you to look up Kennewick Man. He is non Native American and found with a Native American spear tip embedded in his thigh. There's a lot of articles out there to choose from on him, do a google search if you get some time.
I'm aware that we are not 100% sure on who was in the Americas first, but that is a totally different topic that could warrent it's own thread. All i am saying is that the Native Americans of today have more of a claim of being "indigenous" to that land than the more recent European settlers because they have been there for a long time and have adapted to living off that land.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The european immigrants were evil and horrid creatures. So it is claimed by the decendants of the earlier migrants to the americas. But, we have no living remnants of the even earlier migrants. They were wiped out by the so called "native americans". What does that fact alone say about their culture?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Have you heard of the Native American prophecy that their brothers from the south would come and take their lands back? I'll look it up when I get some time and post a link. Basically, before the white man arrived, they had a prophecy that fair skinned men would come and take their lands, but that their brothers to the south would come and take them back. I read about it online, but I'll find it again.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

this is one of my favorite native americans

Russell Means, the Lakota activist and founder of the American Indian Movement (AIM), has strongly rejected Native American in favor of Indian:

I abhor the term Native American. It is a generic government term used to describe all the indigenous prisoners of the United States. These are the American Samoans, the Micronesians, the Aleuts, the original Hawaiians, and the erroneously termed Eskimos, who are actually Upiks and Inupiats. And, of course, the American Indian.

I prefer the term American Indian because I know its origins . . . As an added distinction the American Indian is the only ethnic group in the United States with the American before our ethnicity . . . We were enslaved as American Indians, we were colonized as American Indians, and we will gain our freedom as American Indians, and then we will call ourselves any damn thing we choose.

"I am an American Indian, Not a Native American!"
statement by Russell Means

Read more: American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

Russell passed away recently,

Our common enemy is our governments, that are keeping us fighting with one-another.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If we all evolved or were created in the same place, what difference does it make if someone walked here or came over later in a boat? Just because you got someplace first isn't a guarantee it's yours forever.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

He looks big size, healthy and fat before his demise. If that's what he derisively label being a free american citizen as being a prisoner, I am sure many Somalians or Mexicans would gladly take his place.

He has no honor and is a traitor to his ancestors and people living in free america.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Russell passed away recently,

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Whats funny is the entitlement thinking that dominates the Mexican culture, they feel like they are entitled to every thing free once they do get here, illegally and they also feel like they are entitled to take over parts of California and Texas.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sorry, that's a load of bullcrap, what he said was 100% fact and the protesters knew it.

Nah ! Not even close. Arguable at best because of circumstances beyond my control. I am a Native American
of non Indian decent. Doesn't matter one damn bit what my ancestors did, even tho I may not like what happened any more than he does. This is my Native land the same as it is his. I can't change that. The best I could possibly do is apologize to him and his people, but they wouldn't accept that. They wouldn't see that what was done to them truly weighs on my heart and mind. It wasn't that long ago that we should expect them to forgive either. And from what I understand there's places on this continent where it still continues today. I was born right in the middle of the heartland USA, St, Joseph Mo. I'm just as native born as he is. PERIOD. See before he is red and I am white were both humans and the only way, I might not have a native land ? Is if I were born on a ship in the Bermuda triangle or in a sub underwater. Hell even crop circles have a native land.

And if you think not putting his son first before his big bombastic show, isn't an indication of character ? That's your opinion, but as I've already said personally, I think he's a flip'in idiot.
edit on 6-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

He looks big size, healthy and fat before his demise. If that's what he derisively label being a free american citizen as being a prisoner, I am sure many Somalians or Mexicans would gladly take his place.

He has no honor and is a traitor to his ancestors and people living in free america.

why?
explain the whole traitor thing?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

why?
explain the whole traitor thing?

I don't think he knows much about Russell.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Would you call a 8 yr old Asian kid born to parents that came in 2005, a native? i doubt it, you will probably think twice.

He is till an immigrant in your eyes.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Would you call a 8 yr old Asian kid born to parents that came in 2005, a native? i doubt it, you will probably think twice.

Really ! tell me more about how I see topics in a social forum Hobo Kelly?

If the child's native home isn't here, where the hell is it ?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
another of my favorite native americans

robert morningsky

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I prefer the term American Indian because I know its origins . . . As an added distinction the American Indian is the only ethnic group in the United States with the American before our ethnicity . . . We were enslaved as American Indians, we were colonized as American Indians, and we will gain our freedom as American Indians, and then we will call ourselves any damn thing we choose.

statement by Russell Means

Whatever he had done in his lifetime, those words marked a departure from the building up of peace, progress and evolution between Americans and his far-sighted ancestors whom had decided on a course of peace.

Is he calling for american native indians to dishonor the sacrifices of his peaceful ancestors and forefathers whom had benefitted from the rule of law under a secular constitution, and scalp american heads as his once barbaric ancestors had done to innocent settlers?

Whatever the greviances, he has the freedom of speech that his barbaric ancestors did not before the arrival of settlers, and be settled within legal means. There is NO NEED to INFLAME the situation and destroy the peace that all americans had enjoyed for 2 centuries.

Fortunately, only a few hotheads would answer his veiled call. May the community with such insane hotheads that abounds, share, discuss and debate peacefully, legally and HONESTLY. The red indian issues should have ended long ago, and not be revived by insane hotheads, regardless if domestic or foreign ones, whenever the opportunity arises to sow hatred and discord.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
no, i think russel recognized, for those brief glowing moments of the 60s and 70s, that the white people themselves weren't the problem but rather some foreign institution and he pretty much says so straight up . even if the institution made it possible during its attempts to overthrow the constitutional republic, for him to see this side of americans, he also realized the native american title, american indian, was simply an implement for political gain, wielded when useful, tossed aside when finished, and that the american pepole as a whole were experiencing the same thing enmasse.

edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join