It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

How much more ironic is the decendant of immigrants yelling at decendants of immigrants for protesting against immigrants?

No human is native to the Americas.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well then let's all go back to africa cause that's where we are all from, according to mainstream science. and then, we will all be indigenous.
Knew you was going to play that card, that is going back a long time ago, why stop there? We could go back to the days when we were all little fish in the sea?

Native Americans have been in America for hundreds of thousands of years, and some tribes have even been there so long that they have adapted to the enviroment, these people can be classed as "indigenous". The ansestors of European settlers have only been there for hundreds of years and are indigenous to other parts of the globe, mainly Europe.

There is a massive difference between hunreds of thousands, and just hundreds.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The man in the video is a living proof AGAINST unchecked immigration,if anything. Thats the logical conclusion.

Everyone has different opinions, my Sioux son in law is very anti illegal immigration, you should hear his view on the subject, he feels they are just as big of a problem, and encroaching on what was once his tribal lands.

He is as passionately anti black and white and Hispanic.

I do tell him it is time to let it go, I am European native American mixed, and let me tell you native Americans have a big issues with bloods verses breeds as well,

How are we going to differentiate ?

People asks me what race I am, black, white, Hispanic?

I went through the anger stages now I think we need to work together.

edit on 092828p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

well then let's all go back to africa cause that's where we are all from, according to mainstream science. and then, we will all be indigenous.
Knew you was going to play that card, that is going back a long time ago, why stop there? We could go back to the days when we were all little fish in the sea?

Native Americans have been in America for hundreds of thousands of years, and some tribes have even been there so long that they have adapted to the enviroment, these people can be classed as "indigenous". The ansestors of European settlers have only been there for hundreds of years and are indigenous to other parts of the globe, mainly Europe.

well is there a magical cut-off date where you are no longer an immigrant? i think that's the big question here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by liverlad

There is no archaeological evidence Native Americans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years. None. In fact, they aren't even the original inhabitants of the continent. Don't just take my word for it, do a little research.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

Okay, find the people that was here before the native Americans, so we can send them a memo to come kick out native Americans.

In about 500 yrs, it will be established the European settler are the original inhabitant of the America. If we still keep a record that is.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

well is there a magical cut-off date where you are no longer an immigrant? i think that's the big question here.
I said nothing about being an immigrant, you were talking about being "indigenous" which means something totally different. You are obviously not an immigrant in a country if you are born there. An immigrant is someone who was born in one country and lives in another.
edit on 6-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
New Genetic Links Found Between Native Americans And Northern Europeans
December 1, 2012

Northern European populations – including British, Scandinavians, French and some Eastern Europeans – descend from a mixture of two very different ancestral populations a new study finds, and one of these populations is related to Native Americans. The results of this study, published in the November issue of the Genetics Society of America’s journal GENETICS, help fill in the gaps in scientific understanding of both Native American and Northern European ancestry, while providing an explanation for some genetic similarities among what would otherwise seem to be very divergent groups.

Nick Patterson, of the Broad Institute, says, “There is a genetic link between the paleolithic population of Europe and modern Native Americans. The evidence is that the population that crossed the Bering Strait from Siberia into the Americas more than 15,000 years ago was likely related to the ancient population of Europe.”

The Bering Strait is a current day channel of water linking the Arctic Ocean and the Bering Sea. This channel separates the continents of Asian and North America by a margin of only 53 miles at its narrowest point. Scientists believe that some 20,000 to 25,000 years ago – during the late Pleistocene – massive continental glaciers formed in the northern hemisphere, locking up so much water that the world’s oceans were more than 300 feet lower than current day levels. This exposed an unglaciated tract known as the Bering Land Bridge, connecting Northeastern Siberia with Alaska, and allowing for migrations of animals and hominins from Asia to North America. Current theories hold that this land bridge was open until as recently as 11,000 years ago.

Patterson and his colleagues, including Harvard Medical School Professor of Genetics David Reich, studied DNA diversity, finding that one of these ancestral populations was the first farming population of Europe. The DNA of this group lives on today in relatively unmixed form in Sardinians and the people of the Basque Country. It is also present in at least the Druze population of the Middle East.
www.redorbit.com...
The second ancestral population is likely to have been the hunter-gathering population of Europe, which today appears to have its closest affinity to people in far Northeastern Siberia and Native Americans. When they met, these two populations were very different.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Thats a stupid comment, so if illegal immigration is an issue that matters to you, your racists? Clearly you don't live near a border state and do not have to deal with the gangs. You do realize that in the past few years more mexicans have been murdered in mexico by gangs than all the casualties of the vietnam war, right? But that's okay because once they cross the border illegally they stop, and are good law abiding citizens.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

okay so when is a person considered indigenous? for example, you know that at one time, the whole globe was called pangaea? and pangaea was one huge land mass with shallow seas. (personally, i think native americans were ancient egyptians at one point. just a llttle hunch i have after researching ancient cultures). and that there's evidence of the continents interlocking. like africa and south america. and that there's evidence of black and chinese ancient civs in south america (olmecs)

and evidence of whites in north america such as the vikings and kennewick, so i'm thinking we are all pangaeans and then continental drift happened, but that's a different story. i dunno how far back all this goes, i just think it's kinda important that since we're the descendants of our ancestors, that we show them better by getting along with each other FOR REAL. when's it stop otherwise? if you think removing white people from the planet will solve it, you are in for a shock.

edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

There is no archaeological evidence Native Americans have been here for hundreds of thousands of years. None. In fact, they aren't even the original inhabitants of the continent. Don't just take my word for it, do a little research.
Well some of them have been around long enough to adapt to their enviroment, take the Eskimos of North America for example,

"Eskimos have evolved to endure the cold; thicker blood, darker skin pigment to absorbs heat, and their bodies retain more body fat on their torsos to protect vital organs (whereas most North Americans store fat around our waists and butts).....their bodies are built differently. They have been living in the cold longer so their bodies have become shorter and stockier so that they retain more heat. Also, they have developed other ways to stay warm through their warm cloths and housing.These are not just Physical changes....they have anatomically,physiologically evolved to sustain Cold"

How long do you think it took for them to adapt to Alaska like that? A few thousand years?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
You only own what you can defend.

The Red Indians failed to defend their own lands and worse, were on constant warfare with each other. They had no system of effective governance but only utilitarian barbarism upon each other.

It was only a matter of time before they wiped each other out, for history had proven no barbaric society could survive. If not for the english immigrants, it would other ethnic immigrants from our world whom may had settled upon the american landmass, such as the russians or the chinese, if they had their own act together back then.

Today, in our modern and evolved santised world, it is easy to condemn the english settlers of atrocities against the red indians, nor should there be any attempt to cover up such atrocities.

However, EQUALLY, mankind SHOULD NOT attempt to cover up the barbarisms of the red indians wrecked upon innocent american settlers EVEN AFTER peace had been agreed upon.

Only the truth can set us free. May the freed indians today whom lived in a better rule of law american society today and treated equally as a fellow american, reflect upon their own ancestors before pointing angry fingers at current day americans.

That's got to be the biggest display of ignorance and/or stupidity I have ever seen on the internet in at least 20 years... You serious need to pull your head out of your rear maybe you'll see the light of day again...

Barbarism? Let me tell you a little about barbarism and peace and my people... The moment the white settlers set a foot on the shore they barely could stand up and were all dieing or about to die of scorbut... WE healed them... We could of just shut up and let them all die and they would of never to be seen again and our land would of stayed ours for centuries because the "cure" for scorbut wasn't found for another 125 years and they only found it after finally agreeing that "the savages" were right by using pine tree pine's infusion... because for a 125 years instead of testing they just stuck their head of their asses and all agreed together that "savages" could not have found a true remedy to anything so it wasn't even worth time checking... Truth is they were afraid of the truth and prefered not taking the chance to find out they were outsmarted by "savages"...

Than after we healed them and sent them back their ways healthy nice and clean they came back with hundreds of others and traded us stuff that we we're fooled into taking believing it was worth what we threaded them for...

Then came the blankets infected will small pox that decimated my people through germ warfare... THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT BARBARISM right... They couldn't even face us nose to nose in a battlefield they took the coward way out...

Some of our tribes we're in war with one and other your right... Have you ever took time to review the Eastern history? They've been fighting since evolution gave them friggen arms and legs to hit each other with... Man as a whole is a warrior specie...

We acknowledge and accept what we are, we don't invade other countries, decimate their population and force our beliefs and values upon them telling ourselves "Its in their best interest" and walk around calling yourself ambassadors of peace...

Lets compare my barbaric ancestors and practices for a second with yours...

When your white folks got off the boats they were dirty and filth a crap, unshaved and stunk, our people were known to wash, shave and oil their skin and maintain very high hygiene... Hence why we didn't have all the diseases your folks did... Ever heard of an unshaved native american? No you brought this practice here...

When our tribe would have laws that prohibited inter tribe marriage your kings and queens had been inbreeding through incest for thousands of years... That's right friend... a native male that wanted to find a partner would have to seek one from a different tribe and village... To prevent jealously and inner tribe fighting and they had realized it didn't make very bright babies long ago...

You current society is sanitized? You take your elders and throw them away like rags in nursing homes and barely go see them and in a lot of cases not at all once they've served their purposed and feeded you most of your life... We used to make leaders out of them, hunt for them and seek upon their wisdom in time of need, our elders held extremely high importance in any tribe whatsoever...

Your oh so glorious society take decisions so narrow sighted that they don't even weight how it can impact their own children... Our chief took important decisions weighting its impact on the next seven future generations ALWAYS!!!

You remind me of the folks in Avatar... your so blinded by materialism that you can't conceive any culture that isn't like yours is barbaric and savage, yet you can't see further than the crap on your own knees...

edit on 6-2-2013 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well you become indiginous to a land once you have adapted to live off that land...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Well you become indiginous to a land once you have adapted to live off that land...

Then there is no argument.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Then there is no argument.

....for ancestors of European settlers of being "indiginous" to the Americas.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

didn't the colonials learn how to do that? i mean they grew corn, churned butter, baked bread, dug the wells, built houses out of trees and stones, etc?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

*/clap*.... i actually learned a lot... things books didn't teach.

Lot of cultures respect their elders.., Retirement home is looked down in my family as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

didn't the colonials learn how to do that? i mean they grew corn, churned butter, baked bread, dug the wells, built houses out of trees and stones, etc?
After being shown how to do it by the indigenous people of the land... yes.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It is all you Europeans fault anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It is all you Europeans fault anyway.
Not ours, the ones who ran away. None of them are my ansectors otherwise i would be American wouldn't i?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join