It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Jewish genome, the Khazar theory is confirmed in new study. Implications for Palestine?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If the Rhineland theory, that European jews are genetic Hebrews, is wrong and they are rather a population that adopted Judaism over the centuries, what implications if any is there for US Mideast Bias? A strong undercurrent for US Policy is that the land of Palestine was being returned to a people driven out, and a blind eye has been given to the dispossession of Palestinians. If the Khazar theory is true, then does that mean the people being driven out are the genetic Hebrews that converted to Islam and Christianity?

here is the link

phys.org...

"The results were consistent in depicting a Caucasus ancestry for all European Jews. The analysis showed a tight genetic relationship between European Jews and Caucasus populations and pinpointed the biogeographic origin of the European Jews to the south of Khazaria, 560 kilometers from Samandar –Khazaria's capital city. Further analyses yielded a complex multi-ethnical ancestry with a slightly dominant Caucasus -Near Eastern, large South European and Middle Eastern ancestries, and a minor Eastern European contribution."

edit on 5-2-2013 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They were driven out 2000 years ago!!!!!!!
Even if they found that all Jews originated in the middle east its absolute BS that anyone was forcibly displaced to make room for them.

Unbelievably hypocritical of the US to support Jews being given Palestine considering what happened in the US to the Native Americans, if they support the Jews right to Israel then they should also be supporting giving Nth America back to the Indians.

Maybe when the Indians control the banks and media theyll be given the same considerations, or perhaps they just need a more powerful lobby group or to make half of congress honorary Native Americans

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

They support what is happening because of the Native American situation. I mean it worked. This therefore implies that it can happen again successfully . Its called conquering. Well the Israeli situation is apartied.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe its time that people should stop thinking about 'Jewish Land' or 'Palestanian Land'. A land is a land .It cannot belong to any one party.

If only people realized this and began to live together without looking at someone as 'Jewish' or 'Muslim'.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

I dont get what the big shock is.
edit on 5-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All I know is that my grandparents were Jews from Spain. (NW Spain, Galicia)
Apparently, there are many hispanics of jewish ancestry. Even in Mexico.

-Just look for the noses.

(like mine, guilty as charged)
edit on 5-2-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

nose? funny
are U dark skin? cos slaves, those which Mosses help to run from Pharao are for sure dark skin... in africa there is only dark skin native people.... right? or did i miss something?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Israel-Palestine issue, the issue itself is clearly not about blood but about culture. There are many on both sides who would disagree, but we need not listen to them; such ideas are antiquated, irrational and always more or less racist in origin.

Two thousand years, or a hundred generations, ago, you had – assuming zero interbreeding, which in practice could never happen – 2^100 ancestors alive on Earth. Now 2^100 = 1.2676506 × 10^30. That's right: a number with thirty zeros in it, far larger than the number of people that have ever lived. Apart from showing that kissing cousins are commoner than you thought, what does this tell us?

It confirms that while population genetics can help us trace a few elements of group ancestry, as individuals we're all hopeless mongrels and nobody is 'pure' or even 'mostly' anything. Social groups – call them tribes, nations, races or what you will – are defined not by genes but by such things as language, custom, ritual, art and artisanship.

Conclusion: this study has no implications for Palestine, unless somebody creates them by turning it into a bone of contention. It just means that Western European Jews interbred a lot. Which we knew already.

Short interesting article on ancestry and cousinage. Not necessarily the last scientific word on the subject, though

edit on 5/2/13 by Astyanax because: dratted typo.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Even if the present Jewish population are not the genetic descendants of the ancient Hebrews, they are still their cultural descendants. I'm not a huge Israel fan by any means but I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
reply to post by resoe26

nose? funny
are U dark skin? cos slaves, those which Mosses help to run from Pharao are for sure dark skin... in africa there is only dark skin native people.... right? or did i miss something?

I have an olive complexion as does the rest of my family mostly.
My great grandfather was olive complexion too but his brother had red hair and fair skin. I guess there is also much celtic ancestry in NW Spain.
-This is something that people in the states don't understand. That there are many hispanic people that look completely WHITE.

I don't believe in reincarnation really, but I do have this photo of my great grandfathers other brother (Xose), And I am an exact replica of this guy. Strange.
And my daughter looks like my grandmother almost exactly.

But yes, Sephardic Jews.
Some in my family are darker, while others are fair skinned.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I dont get why the real bloodline of Jews really matters. When most Jews in the Jewish Torah who really meant anything were converts into Judaism.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I dont get why the real bloodline of Jews really matters. When most Jews in the Jewish Torah who really meant anything were converts into Judaism.

Yeah, even the population of Israel prior to the second Temple was largely tribes that were absorbed into Judaism over time.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Correct, because it was only a minority of Jews who returned from the exile in Babylon.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jews are a nomadic people.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

This Khazar theory has been done so often, it's now become laughable. Really, it has! This is what I call the quick excuse for those who refuse to actually READ history books and learn about the Hebrew, the Israelites and the Jews.

Unfortunately for the Palestinian Arabs, they have no written history to prove beyond a doubt all their clans are indigenous to the land of Israel, only a small few are.

For God's sake, stop being lazy and go read. I know who the Khazar's are and over time many of them converted to Islam and intermingled with the Turks. Others intermingled with the Russians. Perhaps you need to read about their history too instead of taking the words from some article.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

thank U
we are on the same side i think*
U have star from me to ...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Jews were not a Nomadic people; their ancestors were as well as the Arab/ians! Know the difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You are correct.

The Jewish people today are a people, just like the Arab, who have intermingled with many different cultures and racial people. What unites them today is their common one ancestory and Judiasm just like that of the Arab who also share one common ancestory and Islam (or in the case of those who are Christian).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join