It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "stronger" measures than nuclear test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by lnfideI

If North Korea began the conflict there is no legitimate reason that China would get involved. There are actually Chinese reports offered by WikiLeaks, presenting that China feels it would be better off, if NK were conquered by the United States.

I would believe that, must be a thorn in the side of China, all the drama from NK.

Lets hope not though.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
China says extremely concerned after latest North Korea threats

"China is extremely concerned by the way things are going. We oppose any behavior which may exacerbate the situation and any acts which are not beneficial towards the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula," said Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying.

"We call on all the relevant sides to remain calm and exercise restraint and earnestly work hard to maintain peace and stability in the Korean peninsula," she told a daily news briefing.

One of China's most widely read newspapers, the tabloid Global Times published by Communist Party mouthpiece the People's Daily, said China should take a tough line and inform North Korean leaders of the consequences of their actions.

"If North Korea insists on a third nuclear test despite attempts to dissuade it, it must pay a heavy price," it said in an editorial in both its Chinese and English-language issues.

so, now China is extremely concerned - that's a good sign, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
what could they mean by 'stronger' measure than a nuclear test?

*trembles in fear*

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

China says extremely concerned after latest North Korea threats

"China is extremely concerned by the way things are going. We oppose any behavior which may exacerbate the situation and any acts which are not beneficial towards the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula," said Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying.

"We call on all the relevant sides to remain calm and exercise restraint and earnestly work hard to maintain peace and stability in the Korean peninsula," she told a daily news briefing.

One of China's most widely read newspapers, the tabloid Global Times published by Communist Party mouthpiece the People's Daily, said China should take a tough line and inform North Korean leaders of the consequences of their actions.

"If North Korea insists on a third nuclear test despite attempts to dissuade it, it must pay a heavy price," it said in an editorial in both its Chinese and English-language issues.

so, now China is extremely concerned - that's a good sign, isn't it?

I think it's the opposite.

China being "seriously concerned" should ring some bells to everyone.

Being one of the closest allies - if not the most powerful - of North Korea, to the extent of stating that they will protect NK from any extreme sanctions (vetoing it in the Security Council), makes them a very important voice in any subject related to what North Korea is doing.

China provably has the best information about what's going on, and the fact that they are concerned, should concern us all by domino effect. In my opinion, it could mean two things:

1- China knows what is going on inside North Korea, relating to these threats and tests, and they are slowly stepping away (which could translate to these threats not being so ridiculous as some may think).

2- North Korea is going rogue, and not even China can pinpoint or judge their future actions. Which is even more serious, because it means the state of desperation in North Korea could mean these are not empty threats, but that they are actually preparing something serious.

In all honesty, I hope there is a third option:

3- That North Korea has fallen to so pathetic lows, that even China doesn't care anymore about what they do, and are diplomatically saving face from the shame North Korea might endure after doing these tests and threats.
edit on 6-2-2013 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I was using sarcasm
And I agree with what you said, it is very troubling that China is concerned. I just hope nothing will happen

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Another potential issue is that the North Korean population is starting to realize there government is, "Full of $&^”.

And the rhetoric is related to keeping them in line.....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Seoul ready for preemptive strike on N. Korea if it attacks – military commander

Speaking at a parliamentary defense meeting, the South Korean commander said the attack would be made even at the risk of a full-scale war with the North.

The announcement came as Pyongyang warned to take “harsher measures” against “hostile forces that are trying to trigger a nuclear war,” instead of a nuclear test.

Gen. Jung Seung-jo also said the military were not yet going to wipe out North Korea’s nuclear test site in the country’s northeast, although the final decision would be made based on how the situation develops.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Seoul ready for preemptive strike on N. Korea if it attacks – military commander

Speaking at a parliamentary defense meeting, the South Korean commander said the attack would be made even at the risk of a full-scale war with the North.

The announcement came as Pyongyang warned to take “harsher measures” against “hostile forces that are trying to trigger a nuclear war,” instead of a nuclear test.

Gen. Jung Seung-jo also said the military were not yet going to wipe out North Korea’s nuclear test site in the country’s northeast, although the final decision would be made based on how the situation develops.

Never play chicken with a retard. 9 times out of ten they won't swerve.

Hopefully this ROK Commander isn't serious and is just playing the propaganda game.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The south had to sit still and take it when NK sunk their ship and bombed that island.Their official statements are showing a more aggressive tone to them.I think SK is looking for payback and waiting for the next NK provocation.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
A stronger measure would be a ballistic missile test with a nuclear payload, an atmospheric nuclear test.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We need to get Bath Salts into their society so they start running around naked and eating each others faces.

All the coc aine America's seized in drug busts......fire it off in artillery shells to explode over North Korea. Doing no damage....but get them all cranked up on coke and watch the fun-ness that happens afterwards.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You know I think as far as "war" goes it will all be okay

It all seems very contrived, one way or another any "rouge regime" is dropping... Even Israels head seems to be on the chopping block...

Somehow I get the feeling China is in cahoots with us on this and that Nk will act up and find themselves unable to do much damage and die a quick death

I think If your not on the UN permanent security council or truly aligned with one of it's members your SOL

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

shell a SK island or sink another one of her ships.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Kyo560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

So, they claimed they could hit the U.S. Then backed off and reduced their range to South Korea and possibly Japan?

Hmmm...

Looks like they bit off more than they could chew, too bad they're still barking up the wrong tree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join