Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Constant meditation.... for two hours.

page: 3
5
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Interprete and speak, sense and speak or do not speak at all.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)


What?


Ill try to understand what you are saying... but it doesnt make much sense to me.

There are many who believe that meditation is something that you do constantly. It does not cease. Meaning, what some call "true" meditation does not end. Some "sects" refer to this as being constantly mindful. There is no set time for it, these people would propose that your two hours is just the first step in a lifetime of constant meditation.

Meditation is not just relegated to when you sit cross-legged in introspection.




posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 

This might interest you.



posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent
 


I know it wasn't specifically meant for me but I began reading it and found it to be very interesting, thank you. Love indian philosophers (I assume he is indian by the name) they always take this type of thoughts very far.



posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A mind clear of all thought is indeed the true meditation IMO. Nothing to do with visualisation techniques or positions. My life changed almost overnight when I started to realize how automated my thoughts were.

But in order to get a clear mind, one shouldn't tell himself no to think, which is also a thought.
When one feels like thoughts are going freewheel again, he shouldn't be too rude or upset about his lost of consciousness.

In order to stay conscious and loose as much ego as possible, one should keep his attention on his inner voice. This uncontrolled talker is the one each one of us should understand and comprehend.

When you put this unconscious process under the light of consciousness, which is neutral attention, the process fades and stops.

When you catch yourself drivelling about this and that. Don't ask it to stop. Ask it "what else do ou have to say?"

Then miracle, it's silent


Have a good night



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam
 


I meditate, thus I exist.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Don't meditate for 2 hrs straight, it's dangerous.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
Don't meditate for 2 hrs straight, it's dangerous.


When thought has been inquired into and seen for what it is 'meditation' is found to be the natural state.
And then it is 'constant'.

It is found to be the one constant in this world. It is not really 'in' the world, more like out of this world. It is home.

This is Dolano speaking about true meditation.
youtu.be...

This is another talk by Dolano about finding the end of the path.
youtu.be...
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Added all but the first sentence.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Can one have a meditation where one is not of this world, but also not 'home'?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Can one have a meditation where one is not of this world, but also not 'home'?


Until one finds the true meaning of meditation, one will be trapped by the world and never feel at home.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Until one finds the true meaning of meditation, one will be trapped by the world and never feel at home.



How many hours per day do you meditate?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Until one finds the true meaning of meditation, one will be trapped by the world and never feel at home.



How many hours per day do you meditate?


'I' don't meditate. Meditation is the natural state.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





'I' don't meditate. Meditation is the natural state.


Im not sure if i understood. Was it a typo did you mean Medication is a natural state? as how can meditation be a natural state?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





'I' don't meditate. Meditation is the natural state.


Im not sure if i understood. Was it a typo did you mean Medication is a natural state? as how can meditation be a natural state?


Silence (no thingness) is the natural underlying state behind and prior to thought.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Added 'no thingness'.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Silence (no thingness) is the natural underlying state behind and prior to thought.


Ok your admiting you dont think when you encounter situations. Im not sure what situations you commonly confront each day but obviously they are events which are condusive to not having to produce thought.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Silence (no thingness) is the natural underlying state behind and prior to thought.


Ok your admiting you dont think when you encounter situations. Im not sure what situations you commonly confront each day but obviously they are events which are condusive to not having to produce thought.


Thoughts arise in the silence.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Thoughts arise.



Your such a contradiction that you have to be a woman. Your mind is tuned to contradictory perfection.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Silence (no thingness) is the natural underlying state behind and prior to thought.


Ok your admiting you dont think when you encounter situations. Im not sure what situations you commonly confront each day but obviously they are events which are condusive to not having to produce thought.


Thinking in most is constant. It is what drives people crazy. Constant analyzing and judgements.

Situations happen and there is no need for thought. Thought is just wording what is already known.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Thoughts arise.



Your such a contradiction that you have to be a woman. Your mind is tuned to contradictory perfection.


Where did i contradict myself?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Thinking in most is constant. It is what drives people crazy. Constant analyzing and judgements.

Situations happen and there is no need for thought. Thought is just wording what is already known.


Your a float boat on the sea of contradictory waves. I understand how you percieve. You do realise you are susceptible to tides while floating along that can drag you over a Niagra falls of Maddness.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 





Thinking in most is constant. It is what drives people crazy. Constant analyzing and judgements.

Situations happen and there is no need for thought. Thought is just wording what is already known.


Your a float boat on the sea of contradictory waves. I understand how you percieve. You do realise you are susceptible to tides while floating along that can drag you over a Niagra falls of Maddness.


Please show where you see contradiction.






top topics



 
5
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join