It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush mailings show images of burning WTC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"In a last ditch bid to win Pennsylvania�s electoral votes... President George W. Bush has engaged in mailings which contain myriad graphic images of the burning World Trade Center on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001.

*snip*

"On the front side, the ad asks in red print, �How Can John Kerry Lead America In A Time of War?� It adds three subsequent lines, �Kerry: Changing Positions,� �Kerry: Cutting Defense� and �Kerry: Slashing Intelligence.�

"Following that, there are nine images of the front pages of Sept. 12, 2001 newspapers (shown below), all of which display the smoking towers of the World Trade Center before they collapsed, killing some 2,600 people. One includes the approach of the plane.

*snip*

"The second side blames Kerry for �slashing intelligence,� though it neglects to note that the CIA did not believe there was a solid case for war....

"The third side details the programs Kerry allegedly voted �to cut.� These programs were part of broad Defense Department packages, which Kerry is believed to have voted against in protest of excessive Pentagon spending."

Full story here.

IMO, this is a blatant attempt by the RNC to link Kerry with 9/11, and is *way* over the line.

[edit on 10/29/2004 by sandge]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If anything the Bush folks has taught me is how much something can be spun to fit a certain perception. Their trying to use 911 to his advantage and I can't believe how some people falls for it. The attacks happened on his watch, the biggest attack in American history on our soil and Bush was in charge. It is well known he got warnings from the Clinton Administration about how dangerous OBL was, he got a memo warning him of attacks using hi-jacked airplanes and did absolutely nothing about it. It just boggles my mind when I hear someone say their voting for Bush because he is tough on terroism and keeping America safe. First of all we have not caught OBL and our attacking Iraq was and continues to be a disaster and is only creating more terroists. Bush himself said that we could not win the war on terrorism on the Today show, then said he did not mean it or something along those lines. He also said he does not even think about OBL anymore and then denied that and said it was one of them exaggerations. The man does not even know half the time what he just said. I don't think they should even let him balance his own checkbook much less lead the country.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by goose]

join