It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbanning Gays from the womb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
All this news about boy scouts and sexual preference I just heard about because of the Presidents comments as reported in usa today before the most watched super bowl ever as reported by forbes posed some questions for me.

Why is all of a sudden the sexual preference of a person under age 11 up for discussion?

What is the actual accepted age of being considered aware of your sexuality?

Would the subject have evolved so recently the same way if the group had been the girl scouts?

When the government says it is legal to be sexual under age 11 but you have to be 13 to go see certain movies, or buy a regulated song or album, 14 to have a job, 16 to drive a car, 18 to purchase a gun, or go see even rarer films, or vote, or die for your country in the military, or get a credit card, or a bank account, or rent a car, or a hotel room, or be subject to the law in general as a now Non Minor, 21 to buy types of harmful and addictive regulated substances like alcohol, or tobacco, but there is no legal age limit on owing taxes, even a fetus with a trust fund upon conception could be theoretically subject to income tax, is there something wrong?

What is the accepted definition of To Be Sexual then, and how might that definition unfold, being that sex involves actions of many kind, physical, oral etc. , as doesn't it then violate laws that exist of free thinking greater than 17 year old people to even speculate, that this means it is legal for someone under the age of 11 to be experiencing the insertion or ingestion of bodily fluids of other people their age as well as even their same gender, but at the same time it's not legal to ingest something like wine, even with the consent of that child's parents?

I am not even sure why I am disturbed by this news, but I am.

So what frightens me more, that the President needs to rule on such sensitive topics, or that at the same time there are so many more pressing topics that need rule upon, and if not undertaken or accomplished, soon and eventually nobodies preference on any topic of any scale at any age will matter, or potentially even exist.

I do not liked to be scared.

Pregnancies now passed the stage where apparent informality in the fetus can be detected, and rejected, for even something like Downs Syndrome, so I as the title of this thread states, rulings have been made on sexual preference of grown men, now children, will soon fetus's will be judged on their sexually genetic make up, and be rejected? Then a whole new quantum debate will ensue.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Id say puberty, that can be as early as 9. And children of any age masturbate or play doctor, so sexuality in some form is present at every age. Legaly speaking, there are close-age exceptions, so sexual activity among peers is not illegal.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami
Why is all of a sudden the sexual preference of a person under age 11 up for discussion?

Because we're learning more about sexual preference. Gay kids are coming out younger and many gay adults will tell you that they knew when they were 10. Or 8 or 5. Kids have preferences. They can like chocolate, but not vanilla. They can like blue, but not orange. They can like boys, but not girls.

I don't think there's any one age. But I would agree that it's around puberty, when kids start becoming romantically aware and find themselves attracted to someone, either of the same age, or an adult they admire. But many know much younger.

Would the subject have evolved so recently the same way if the group had been the girl scouts?

Probably... but The Girl Scouts are Already Gay-Friendly

When the government says it is legal to be sexual under age 11...

What do you mean... "be sexual"? Just because a kid is aware of whom he is attracted to, that doesn't mean he's having sex. The government doesn't say it's legal to have sex under 11... In fact, just the opposite.

What is the accepted definition of To Be Sexual then...

Good question. You are using the term. But sexuality isn't something people wait for a certain age to experience. Babies in the womb have erections and small children experiment with the good feelings of sexual contact. It's not something that comes on at a certain age. We start learning about sex as soon as we start becoming aware. Being aware of one's sexuality does not mean sexual contact with someone else is necessarily involved.

NO one is talking about 11-years-olds having sex.

So what frightens me more, that the President needs to rule on such sensitive topics,

The president didn't "rule" on anything. He expressed his opinion. The board of the Boy Scouts has made this decision.

I think it's important we talk about this subject because too many young people are bullying other kids and too many gay kids are hurting and killing themselves because they think something is "wrong" with them and their parents and others will never accept them. It's important we talk about how it's "normal" and acceptable to be attracted to whoever one is attracted to.

I'm not sure what you're "afraid" of, but there's nothing to fear. It's natural and part of the human experience.

new topics

join